Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State @ San Diego State

2 minutes ago, SDDean said:

No- that says something about coaching and adjustments. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap. Your whine is much better with cheese. 

If you read my posts, I've said that San Diego State was the best team today a few times. My tip of the cap went to the offense though. Four straight scoring drives were the difference. Only one came off of a turnover.

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

What you say is true, but firing Plough after 1 season would contribute to our disadvantages . I want every seaso. To be 2010 , but it’s unrealistic to think it will. Our fanbase needs to move beyond that thinking 

Again, nobody's expecting every year to be 2010. But this season wasn't just "not 2010," it was the worst season since the mid-'90s, coming off the Harsin era that didn't quite pan out like we all hoped it would. And all the conference realignment is just adding to fans' anxiety.

Another season like 2014 would calm people's fears, but honestly, it will take a miracle to ever do better than 7-5 with Plough's mess of an offense, especially without Shakir.

0mK6pGK.png

14 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Plough didn't seem to know this was a transition season in the offseason when he was guaranteeing 50+ points every game.

What has he done to earn more time? Again, this offense looks just as bad on November 26th as it did on September 2nd. If there was any obvious sign of improvement to point to, I'd agree with you, but I don't see it.

That was a stupid thing to say, I agree 
there was definite improvement in the offense in the second half of the season after the bye week. Again it would be incredibly stupid to fire a coach after 1 season when we everybody  knew 6-8 wins was a very realistic possibility. You need to get your head out of the clouds and think more realistically about this. 

Just now, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Again, nobody's expecting every year to be 2010. But this season wasn't just "not 2010," it was the worst season since the mid-'90s, coming off the Harsin era that didn't quite pan out like we all hoped it would. And all the conference realignment is just adding to fans' anxiety.

Another season like 2014 would calm people's fears, but honestly, it will take a miracle to ever do better than 7-5 with Plough's mess of an offense, especially without Shakir.

Nobody expected this season to be anything close to a 2009-2010 type season. Everybody with two brain cells to rub together knew that  6-9 wins was a very distinct possibility. 

Ya'll are not got gonna like this comment, but here goes.  Them bad-ass black/red unis Aztecs were sporting reminded me of two other teams that like to do it...Cincinnati and Houston.  Sometimes Texas Tech.  jest sayin.  XII. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

I swear the Kellen Moore years are a curse to BSU. Everybody thinks that is the expectation when every team not named Alabama can’t meet that expectation. 

BSU nation that expects every year to be 2010 is just setting themselves up for a miserable experience for 15 years until we have a miracle season again. 

8 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Ya'll are not got gonna like this comment, but here goes.  Them bad-ass black/red unis Aztecs were sporting reminded me of two other teams that like to do it...Cincinnati and Houston.  Sometimes Texas Tech.  jest sayin.  XII. 

And SDSU has been sporting all black home unis since 1963. The ONE exception being the 1980 season when they wore white pants and the fans wanted to fire Claude Gilbert for it. Back to all blacks ever since.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

We need better at QB too.  We may have it in Green but if he's not ready next year then it's 100% Hank.  Hopefully with a healthy KHG at Center and Holani back.

Does the amazing Jack Sears have any more eligibility? If so, can you guys manage to keep him from transferring to the many schools which would undoubtedly love to see him behind center for them?

14 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

there was definite improvement in the offense in the second half of the season after the bye week.

After the bye week:

- CSU: 28 points against a defense that gave up 42 to South Dakota State and lost to Vanderbilt at home. Only showed up for half the game (trailed 16-7 at halftime).

- Fresno: Legitimately good performance. No complaints here.

- Wyoming: Carried by the defense, only had 13 points through three quarters.

- New Mexico: We scored two of our touchdowns off blocked punts, not anything Plough did. That leaves us with 23 points against a bad Lobos team that gave up about 30 per game.

- SDSU: Total disaster, the offense stopped scoring for the day midway through the second quarter.

Where's the improvement?

0mK6pGK.png

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I swear the Kellen Moore years are a curse to BSU. Everybody thinks that is the expectation when every team not named Alabama can’t meet that expectation. 

BSU nation that expects every year to be 2010 is just setting themselves up for a miserable experience for 15 years until we have a miracle season again. 

You are projecting things that other posters aren't saying. No one expected the return of Kellen Moore.  The offense was sub par this year yet you want to throw up these expectations that no one has claimed as some sort of straw man for why that's okay. Boise State led in every single game they played in this year and led at halftime in almost every one of them. 

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

You are projecting things that other posters aren't saying. No one expected the return of Kellen Moore.  The offense was sub par this year yet you want to throw up these expectations that no one has claimed as some sort of straw man for why that's okay. Boise State led in every single game they played in this year and led at halftime in almost every one of them. 

Firing Plough after 1 season would be incredibly stupid. 

11 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It's tiresome how some fans say "you just want the Kellen years all over again!" in response to any criticism of the program. It's not unreasonable or entitled to expect a competent offense.

0mK6pGK.png

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Firing Plough after 1 season would be incredibly stupid. 

Ok, I hear you, but you only stick with the same offense if you believe that said offense is going to get a lot better right?  You don't stick with something just cuz...

1 minute ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

It's tiresome how some fans say "you just want the Kellen years all over again!" in response to any criticism of the program. It's not unreasonable or entitled to expect a competent offense.

It’s tiresome how some fans have completely unrealistic expectations and then bitch when they are not achieved. 
Why  do you even watch BSU games , you must be completely miserable!  Maybe you should be a fan of the Globetrotters . They ALWAYS beat the Senators, they ALWAYS meet you expectations , and they will NEVER  let you down. 

4 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

As opposed to letting him go 7-5 again (or worse), which even you admit is a possibility?

It’s a possibility, but it would be incredibly stupid to make firing decisions based on what might happen. Let’s wait until we see what actually happens before we mske a decision. That is what smart people do 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

It’s tiresome how some fans have completely unrealistic expectations and then bitch when they are not achieved. 
Why  do you even watch BSU games , you must be completely miserable!  Maybe you should be a fan of the Globetrotters . They ALWAYS beat the Senators, they ALWAYS meet you expectations , and they will NEVER  let you down. 

How is it unrealistic to expect a better offense than the one Plough put on the field this season? Better offenses than this mess have been the norm for our program, not a rare exception. As much as you accuse others of being spoiled by the Kellen years, you're acting like this program is much worse than it really is to justify declining on-field results.

I'm not "miserable," for the record, I'm just not grasping at straws to pretend that a bad season wasn't bad.

0mK6pGK.png

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Again, show me an example of unrealistic expectations posed in this thread by me or State of Mind. This is a straw man argument. When your team is capable of winning every game on its schedule but is held back by a sub par offense, it is appropriate to talk about how that offense should improve. 

What exactly are you defending anyway? 

Just now, BoiseStateOfMind said:

How is it unrealistic to expect a better offense than the one Plough put on the field this season? Better offenses than this mess have been the norm for our program, not a rare exception. As much as you accuse others of being spoiled by the Kellen years, you're acting like this program is much worse than it really is to justify declining on-field results.

I'm not "miserable," for the record, I'm just not grasping at straws to pretend that a bad season wasn't bad.

Again, EVERYBODY KNEW THAT 6 to 9 WINS AND NOT MAKING  THE CCG WAS A VERY REALISTIC POSSIBILITY. That was my mindset going into this season and is the realistic expectation. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It’s a possibility, but it would be incredibly stupid to make firing decisions based on what might happen. Let’s wait until we see what actually happens before we mske a decision. That is what smart people do 

So by that logic, we should never do anything, just wait. Smart people make tough decisions by weighing the risks and benefits. They always act, it's never about wait and see. Either you are doing everything you can to work with your team fix the problem or you find a new team that can fix it.  And every second of every day you are thinking about what might happen in order to mitigate that. That is what what smart people do.