Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State @ San Diego State

Just now, Spot50B said:

Many, many, many coaches would jump at the chance to lead Boise State's offense. Every single one over the past 20 years has moved up after coaching here (even Prince). Do you really think getting rid of one would change that? Calm down with this doomsday scenario if one coordinator gets fired nonsense.

Firing a coach who after the first season is stupid. Unless they are abysmally bad, which is not the case with Plough. Good thing we have an Athletic director , and Head Coach who are not stupid 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

If he only wins 7 games a year for the next three years then yes , he should get fired.

If we only win 7 games a year for the next three years - and that's probably optimistic with Plough - it might be the start of us turning into the next Tennessee or Nebraska.

0mK6pGK.png

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Just stop it. Plough did well  considering the circumstances this year. If he only wins 7 games a year for the next three years then yes , he should get fired. 

I’ll reserve judgement on retaining him until a fair amount of time has passed. 

Plough didn't win 7 games, the team did and in more than one case the team won despite what the offense did. This is the worst offensive team since Prince was OC. That's not my idea of doing a good job. You can say he should stay because you believe in the offensive scheme or you think it will get better but you lose credibility when you say that Plough did a good job this year. Even he doesn't think that.

3 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

If we only win 7 games a year for the next three years - and that's probably optimistic with Plough - it might be the start of us turning into the next Tennessee or Nebraska.

You do know that not every season is going to be 2010 right? 

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

Plough didn't win 7 games, the team did and in more than one case the team won despite what the offense did. This is the worst offensive team since Prince was OC. That's not my idea of doing a good job. You can say he should stay because you believe in the offensive scheme or you think it will get better but you lose credibility when you say that Plough did a good job this year. Even he doesn't think that.

you won’t give credit to Plough for wins but he gets all the blame for losses, seems fair. 

Everybody knew this was going to be a transitional season. 7 or 8 wins was expected.  To be in the  hunt for a CCG on the last day was an accomplishment. 

Plough deserves time, and he has earned it. 

I don't expect every season to be 2010. Doesn't change the fact that three straight years of 7-5 would be indicative of a serious downturn for what's currently one of the winningest programs in college football.

Other programs like UCF and Houston can get away with having terrible seasons every once in a while and still get P5 invites because they're in Florida and Texas. We already have disadvantages with geography and budget, we can't afford to let our advantage of a decades-long winning culture slip away.

0mK6pGK.png

Wow.. again with the hyperbole! I've never once said the sky is falling. I just think the offense leaves a lot to be desired and the wrong scheme is being employed.

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Everybody knew this was going to be a transitional season. 7 or 8 wins was expected.  To be in the  hunt for a CCG on the last day was an accomplishment. 

Plough didn't seem to know this was a transition season in the offseason when he was guaranteeing 50+ points every game.

What has he done to earn more time? Again, this offense looks just as bad on November 26th as it did on September 2nd. If there was any obvious sign of improvement to point to, I'd agree with you, but I don't see it.

0mK6pGK.png

On 11/21/2021 at 10:44 AM, Someone Else said:

I realize that SDSU fans will disagree but BSU wins this game easily.   BSU will score 2 early TDs... and that will be all she wrote for the Aztecs.

Looks like it’s she all she wrote for the donkeys. 

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

This could be the best Aztec Team since 1976 and 1977.  They went 10-1 both seasons. 

No Bowl Bid either season despite smoking 13th Ranked Florida State 40-16.

And that game wasn’t even that close. It was over before halftime. 

12 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

you won’t give credit to Plough for wins but he gets all the blame for losses, seems fair. 

He's earned it? Wow again. I'm totally good with a spirited debate about the offense but you are digging your heels in on the wrong hill to die on. I don't think you really believe that. You just don't want to give an inch.  I can buy wanting to give the coordinator another year. I can buy that it's a moot point because he won't get fired but I can't buy he had a good year and deserves another one.

The truth is the offense was really bad this year. One of the worst offenses in recent memory at Boise State. There have been many different coordinators since Koetter's first year and this is either the worst or second worst offense depending on how you look at it. I personally think it is the worst. You think it is primarily about personnel, I think it's mostly offensive scheme. The truth is it is a combo of both.

58 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Jack Sears-lol...

Boise is a class program. Can you spell C L A S S FresNo fan?

I’m wondering if Sears has any regrets about backing out of his commitment with SDSU earlier this year with the coaching change?

11 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

I don't expect every season to be 2010. Doesn't change the fact that three straight years of 7-5 would be indicative of a serious downturn for what's currently one of the winningest programs in college football.

Other programs like UCF and Houston can get away with having terrible seasons every once in a while and still get P5 invites because they're in Florida and Texas. We already have disadvantages with geography and budget, we can't afford to let our advantage of a decades-long winning culture slip away.

What you say is true, but firing Plough after 1 season would contribute to our disadvantages . I want every seaso. To be 2010 , but it’s unrealistic to think it will. Our fanbase needs to move beyond that thinking 

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

The D is good but Boise plays well against good D in the first half and looks like dogshit in the second half over and over again. That says something about the offense.

No- that says something about coaching and adjustments. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap. Your whine is much better with cheese.