Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State @ San Diego State

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

His system sucks. We don't play in the FCS and we can recruit better than most teams in our conference. The answer isn't to get more players that fit his finesse RPO bullshit. That is for teams that can't play physical and can't compete in the trenches and are looking to even the playing field. That's for UC Davis to try to hang with the Montanas and Eastern Washington. It makes no f-ing sense to try to play that way at Boise State 

Run the fuggen Pistol or something.  We looked really good in the ONE game we used the pistol as our base offense.

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I had an uncle - God rest his soul - who had a photographic memory. He was an intelligence officer in the Navy 

That's amazing.  Honestly.  Best estimates are less than 100 world wide.  So that would make your uncle one in 80,000,000

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

His system sucks. We don't play in the FCS and we can recruit better than most teams in our conference. The answer isn't to get more players that fit his finesse RPO bullshit. That is for teams that can't play physical and can't compete in the trenches and are looking to even the playing field. That's for UC Davis to try to hang with the Montanas and Eastern Washington. It makes no f-ing sense to try to play that way at Boise State 

You are just repeating shit  you see on twitter. 
Plough did well considering that we had a shit load of injuries, personal recruited for a completely different system , poor recruiting that hadn’t panned out over the last few years  and a weak oline. Only an idiot would fire  him. 

I’ll smartly reserve judgement until he has a chance to fully get the recruits he wants. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Plough did well considering that we had a shit load of injuries, personal recruited for a completely different system , poor recruiting that hadn’t panned out over the last few years  and a weak oline. Only an idiot would fire  him. 

I’ll smartly reserve judgement until he has a chance to fully get the recruits he wants. 

Dude, I don't even have a Twitter account. My issue is with the offensive scheme plain and simple. Plough has shown some ability to adjust- not a lot, but some. I don't think he's a bad coach, I just think he's not the right coach for Boise State. This team has trouble scoring over 25 points against ANYONE when you subtract out special teams and defensive points and turnovers in the red zone.

If you want to wait until he gets the recruits he wants, it sounds like you are ready to give him another 2-3 years then?  

18 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Hank needs an offensive line, he needed a running game for the first 5 games.  

We have QB1, fix the other shit.  

We need better at QB too.  We may have it in Green but if he's not ready next year then it's 100% Hank.  Hopefully with a healthy KHG at Center and Holani back.

10 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Also, you really think Plough did well (your words)? You believe that he is the guy? An effective RPO offense is, in your opinion the path forward for Boise State to become a dominant offense that can "hang half a hundred" on anyone?

3 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Dude, I don't even have a Twitter account. My issue is with the offensive scheme plain and simple. Plough has shown some ability to adjust- not a lot, but some. I don't think he's a bad coach, I just think he's not the right coach for Boise State. This team has trouble scoring over 25 points against ANYONE when you subtract out special teams and defensive points and turnovers in the red zone.

If you want to wait until he gets the recruits he wants, it sounds like you are ready to give him another 2-3 years then?  

Yes, I give him two to three more years. That is the smart decision. 

suppose we fired him, what coach would put their career in jeopardy coming here to replace him knowing that they  had no opportunity to recruit to their system if they got fired for winning 8 games. 

Nobody knows how well his system will really work until he has the chance to recruit to it. 

Everybody knew this  would be a transitional season and to be honest playing fir a spot on the championship game in the last game of the season is going above expectations for this year. 

calm down with the fire Plough nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Also, you really think Plough did well (your words)? You believe that he is the guy? An effective RPO offense is, in your opinion the path forward for Boise State to become a dominant offense that can "hang half a hundred" on anyone?

I’ll reserve judgement until  a fair amount of time has been given 

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

He's already had an entire season and there was not one bit of improvement on offense from the UCF debacle until now. In fact, it's actually getting worse. Our offense used to start collapsing in the second half, now it starts collapsing after the first quarter. Just imagine how bad it's going to look next year without Shakir.

0mK6pGK.png

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Okay, but you just said you thought Plough did well this year given the situation. So are you now reserving judgement on your own comment?

8 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Yes, I give him two to three more years. That is the smart decision. 

suppose we fired him, what coach would put their career in jeopardy coming here to replace him knowing that they  had no opportunity to recruit to their system if they got fired for winning 8 games. 

Nobody knows how well his system will really work until he has the chance to recruit to it. 

Everybody knew this  would be a transitional season and to be honest playing fir a spot on the championship game in the last game of the season is going above expectations for this year. 

calm down with the fire Plough nonsense. 

Many, many, many coaches would jump at the chance to lead Boise State's offense. Every single one over the past 20 years has moved up after coaching here (even Prince). Do you really think getting rid of one would change that? Calm down with this doomsday scenario if one coordinator gets fired nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Okay, but you just said you thought Plough did well this year given the situation. So are you now reserving judgement on your own comment?

Just stop it. Plough did well  considering the circumstances this year. If he only wins 7 games a year for the next three years then yes , he should get fired. 

I’ll reserve judgement on retaining him until a fair amount of time has passed.