Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EvilPoke

Is the split coming?

On 11/20/2021 at 6:22 PM, Spaztecs said:

Don't look now, but your PAC anchor is crushing the 3rd Ranked team in the CFP.

The good news is, this will move the Aztecs up several spots.

Of course they are, question is how long before the Pac10 realizes they’ve been duped?

7 hours ago, robe said:

Very true PAC12 schools have been years of being P5 yet competitively the MWC is just as good despite a much smaller budget or at least close this year.  We need a 12 to 14 team playoff which would allow a football Gonzaga. 

Gonzaga did have a football team at one point but just like St. Mary's wanted to spend their athletic budget on something else which has lead to basketball. Gonzaga won't be starting a football program again.

We don't need a 12-14 team playoff, 8 is way more than enough to be honest, we should go back where its won on the field and not in a boardroom.

Dude. He isnt talking about Gonzaga football. He is talking about a football version of Gonzaga. Cinderella to basketball power.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

41 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Gonzaga did have a football team at one point but just like St. Mary's wanted to spend their athletic budget on something else which has lead to basketball. Gonzaga won't be starting a football program again.

We don't need a 12-14 team playoff, 8 is way more than enough to be honest, we should go back where its won on the field and not in a boardroom.

Anything less than 10 (number of conferences) is a guarantee that it will be decided at least in part in a boardroom.

1 minute ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Anything less than 10 (number of conferences) is a guarantee that it will be decided at least in part in a boardroom.

Its been decided in the boardroom pretty much since at least the mid 90s and they called themselves the Alliance at the time.

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

Its been decided in the boardroom pretty much since at least the mid 90s and they called themselves the Alliance at the time.

What is your point?  You wrote we need to get back to deciding it on the field not in boardrooms, but also write 8 is too many.  If one wants it decided on the field, that means at a minimum each conference champ and someway to address independents.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I only watch MWC football. I have too much other shit to do on the weekends than to camp out in front of the TV and watch college teams that have zero connection to me and my school.

We know Bob,  you don't 'get out much'.   The lack of a 'complete view' is your wheel house.  

5 hours ago, utenation said:

I agree. Utah has been terrible for the P12.  We add nothing. 

You add the same as BYU will add in the Big and USU will add here 24-27 year olds against our 18-21 year olds.