Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 11/18/21- SIX GAMES! - WHO YA’ GOT?

Lots of great opportunities for MWC squads to build up their resumes today.

Boise has the best opportunity of all as they face the Bonnies. Two good defensive teams, neither of whom have shown that they could throw the ball into the ocean. Unfamiliar neutral court, good defense, lousy shooting? I’ll take the Under.

Utah State should handle Penn but I’ll stay away from that one. I grew up in the burbs of Philly and Penn is near and dear to my heart. First game I ever saw was Penn-Villanova in The Palestra. I just can’t imagine myself cheering or betting against the Quakers.

I will be pulling for Sparty and Coach Miles but I think Cal Baptist has a little too much offense for them.  The spread might be a tad high but I’ll stay away.

And then we come to Nevada. I was brought up to never kick a dog when it’s down. Nevada is a dog (more ways than one) but I won’t touch this one. Too much ability for the Pack and ,sooner or later, they’ll turn it around. I’m just not sure tonight is the night so I’ll pass.

I wont touch any game that Arizona State plays. An incredible underachieving program through history and they’ve continued that tradition under Bobby Hurley. I expect the Aztecs to win but any spread is always in jeopardy with the way they shoot free throws.

And then we come to MWC Board darling Wyoming who have an interesting roadie. Call me nutty, call me cuckoo, but I’m gonna ride with the Pokes until they prove me wrong. I’m going Moneyline with Wyoming to win outright.

What is the story with cal Baptist?  Never heard of them yet they are picked by 11. Granted it is Sparta. :pitchforks:

If boise state has another abysmal 3 pt shooting game I would say the writing is on the wall for the season. 1 bad game, it happens, 2 in a row we may have a problem, string of 3 it is going to be a long season. 

Tough sleight of games from a betting standpoint.think ill just stick with following my longshot golf picks today in the RSM.Denny Mcarthy and Sebastian Munoz....:) 

the 2 games i like most are Penn +9 1/2. and like swoll i also believe  Wyoming is legit.ill take that +3 1/2 and wont be shocked to see the cowboys come out of there with the W. 

"Silence is Golden when you can't think of anything good to say"

Muhhamed Ali

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

And then we come to MWC Board darling Wyoming who have an interesting roadie. Call me nutty, call me cuckoo, but I’m gonna ride with the Pokes until they prove me wrong. I’m going Moneyline with Wyoming to win outright.

First road trip makes me nervous.

Then again, Linder was able to go out and beat Oregon State on the road last year, so who knows. I'd be ecstatic if they could pull off the win tonight.

18 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

First road trip makes me nervous.

Then again, Linder was able to go out and beat Oregon State on the road last year, so who knows. I'd be ecstatic if they could pull off the win tonight.

An Oregon State team that won the PAC 12 and went all the way to the NCAA quarterfinals...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

4 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

What is the story with cal Baptist?  Never heard of them yet they are picked by 11. Granted it is Sparta. :pitchforks:

If boise state has another abysmal 3 pt shooting game I would say the writing is on the wall for the season. 1 bad game, it happens, 2 in a row we may have a problem, string of 3 it is going to be a long season. 

CBU has been good in the WAC the past few years. Their HC Rick Croy was a candidate for the Sparty job.  He can coach. 

Omari Moore in a walking boot on social media. Out? Precautionary?  Who knows?  Stay away from betting Sparty tonight.  

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Nevada can’t shit the bed three games in a row can they? They have talent and are one pissed off bear. I think they may not win but they will cover. Nevada it is.

The under on Boise State-St. Bonaventure looks tempting. Both teams play defense, now watch them light it up. I can’t see Boise State winning or even covering, but I’m going for the under. 

I know nothing about Cal Baptist and favored big over SJSU? Can’t touch this one.

How do you bet on a USU team that’s been either lousy or beats a good Richmond team. Don’t know anything about Penn. Sounds like a good game to stay away from. 

Is ASU really 0-3 bad? The Aztecs will win this one at Viejas but not sure they cover. Will stay away from this one. 

First away game for the Pokes. The Huskies are not a good team and like to play zone. Wyoming has zone busters. Got to take the Pokes in this one to cover and I think they win a close one outright. 

4 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

That along with the coaches kid situation.  0 for 4, 2 rebounds, 1 turnover, and 3 fouls in 24 minutes.  Yet Kuzmania only played 1 minute last game?

Last year St. Bon basically played their 5 starters the entire game every game.  Bench had the fewest minutes in all of NCAA.  I think Boise could benefit from a similar situation.  Bring in Milner whenever Armus gets into foul trouble.  Same with Naje for Kigab.  But Akot, Shaver, and Doutrive should probably not come out of the game very much at all. 

My keys for Boise today are:

• Armus needs to force Osunniyi (3x All-A10) into foul trouble early. 
  • Clench the cheeks (don't allow penetration). St. Bon is speedy team that gets to hoop.
  • Shoot the three (35% minimum to win this game).
  • Akot needs to clean up the turnovers and use his dribble with purpose (not just to look flashy).

22 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That along with the coaches kid situation.  0 for 4, 2 rebounds, 1 turnover, and 3 fouls in 24 minutes.  Yet Kuzmania only played 1 minute last game?

Last year St. Bon basically played their 5 starters the entire game every game.  Bench had the fewest minutes in all of NCAA.  I think Boise could benefit from a similar situation.  Bring in Milner whenever Armus gets into foul trouble.  Same with Naje for Kigab.  But Akot, Shaver, and Doutrive should probably not come out of the game very much at all. 

My keys for Boise today are:

• Armus needs to force Osunniyi (3x All-A10) into foul trouble early. 
  • Clench the cheeks (don't allow penetration). St. Bon is speedy team that gets to hoop.
  • Shoot the three (35% minimum to win this game).
  • Akot needs to clean up the turnovers and use his dribble with purpose (not just to look flashy).

This is a bad team to break out of our three point shooting woes against. They are a very good defensive team. Their post is a shot blocking machine similar to USUs Queta and allows them to defend the perimeter tighter. Getting their post in foul trouble would be huge. Stats show they aren’t the same team without him.

10 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

This is a bad team to break out of our three point shooting woes against. They are a very good defensive team. Their post is a shot blocking machine similar to USUs Queta and allows them to defend the perimeter tighter. Getting their post in foul trouble would be huge. Stats show they aren’t the same team without him.

Haven't watched the Bonnies, but hoping that Wyoming can play the same style of D as you describe. Having Ike down low will hopefully allow guys like DuSell and Maldonado to play even more aggressive on the perimeter.

Boise gets a 3-game guarantee, but it would be huge to stay in the winner's bracket after today. Lots of chances to boost RPI

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I have been trying to stay away from this discussion.  Coaches kid and playing time can be a huge morale killer. Saw this on our high school team with the principals son getting minutes he did not deserve.