Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maynard Delecto

CSU-F @ San José State, Thanksgiving Day

11 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

So, just to be clear... if you win a conference championship and then the next year you win 5 or fewer games, the championship you won the previous year is null and void. Officially. On this board. 

Am I correct in this? 

No. When you win a conference championship because of a once in a lifetime pandemic, you put an asterisk next to it because it doesn’t really count. 
Do you understand now?

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

No. When you win a conference championship because of a once in a lifetime pandemic, you put an asterisk next to it because it doesn’t really count. 
Do you understand now?

Yes, I understand. You're the second biggest dipshit on this entire board. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

Do you understand now?

please explain this to all the ignorant Dodger fans

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

please explain this to all the ignorant Dodger fans

Explanation: I'm an idiot. I like to drag on sjsu. My team won a championship against a shitty conference, then won 4 games the next year. I want to be cool, so I ignore that. #asterisk

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

9 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'm sorry the truth hurts.  Your panties are extremely bunched.

8 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Explanation: I'm an idiot. I like to drag on sjsu. My team won a championship against a shitty conference, then won 4 games the next year. I want to be cool, so I ignore that. #asterisk

image.png.eb8ae60c3ada9d4caaf84869e36a9f96.png

23 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

You're the second biggest dipshit on this entire board. 

10 minutes ago, Cincy said:

I'm sorry the truth hurts.  Your panties are extremely bunched.

9 minutes ago, Cincy said:

image.png.eb8ae60c3ada9d4caaf84869e36a9f96.png

4/12

I may have to upgrade you. This is not your best work. And your best work is... pedestrian.

Happy Thanksgiving. B) Go Spartans! Image

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Look, I am not a Fresno fan, but if you can't acknowledge that last year's season was exceptional, I don't know what to tell you. When you don't even know what players you might be allowed to play until the night before or the day of the game, and you might be down a dozen players or more, that causes some pretty serious imbalances. No school has any control over state or federal policy so it really isn't about some coaches being better at managing Covid than others. It was just dumb luck. San Jose, Ball State and Indiana were some of the lucky benefactors of that weird, shortened year. Enjoy that season,  You still get to claim credit for it but just know the vast preponderance of fans put a big asterisk next to that year. This is for good reason. The way the entire season was handled, from cancelled to un-cancelled, was bullshit.

8 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Look, I am not a Fresno fan, but if you can't acknowledge that last year's season was exceptional, I don't know what to tell you.

I acknowledge that last year was exceptional. I also acknowledge that sjsu won the conference football championship. Those are two objective, verifiable facts. I am interested in seeing some source that says otherwise.

When you don't even know what players you might be allowed to play until the night before or the day of the game, and you might be down a dozen players or more, that causes some pretty serious imbalances.

Yes. Sometimes in football, people can't play. It causes imbalances. See: Fresno State football 2019.

No school has any control over state or federal policy so it really isn't about some coaches being better at managing Covid than others. It was just dumb luck. San Jose, Ball State and Indiana were some of the lucky benefactors of that weird, shortened year. Enjoy that season,  You still get to claim credit for it but just know the vast preponderance of fans put a big asterisk next to that year. This is for good reason. The entire season was bullshit.

How do you judge the quality of the season? By the next year? Cuz, you know, 2018/2019 Fresno.

19 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Look, I am not a Fresno fan, but if you can't acknowledge that last year's season was exceptional, I don't know what to tell you. When you don't even know what players you might be allowed to play until the night before or the day of the game, and you might be down a dozen players or more, that causes some pretty serious imbalances. No school has any control over state or federal policy so it really isn't about some coaches being better at managing Covid than others. It was just dumb luck. San Jose, Ball State and Indiana were some of the lucky benefactors of that weird, shortened year. Enjoy that season,  You still get to claim credit for it but just know the vast preponderance of fans put a big asterisk next to that year. This is for good reason. The way the entire season was handled, from cancelled to un-cancelled, was bullshit.

Also, you do nothing to negate the verifiable fact that your boy is the second biggest dipshit on the board.

36 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I acknowledge that last year was exceptional. I also acknowledge that sjsu won the conference football championship. Those are two objective, verifiable facts. I am interested in seeing some source that says otherwise.

Yes. Sometimes in football, people can't play. It causes imbalances. See: Fresno State football 2019.

How do you judge the quality of the season? By the next year? Cuz, you know, 2018/2019 Fresno.

Somehow, you've managed to come across as more myopic and unreasonable than the Fresno fan you loathe. If that's the route you want to go, more power to you. 

For the record, I'm pulling for San Ho in this one. It takes a lot of the urgency away from San Diego State to win tomorrow.

Spartans take a 3-0 lead with 9:52 left in the first quarter. 

TD Fresno State, they lead 7-3.

12 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Somehow, you've managed to come across as more myopic and unreasonable than the Fresno fan you loathe. If that's the route you want to go, more power to you. 

For the record, I'm pulling for San Ho in this one. It takes a lot of the urgency away from San Diego State to win tomorrow.

If there are two words that describe me on here, you have them right with myopic and unreasonable. Just ask around.