Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

New Aztec Stadium Updates (Construction, Partial Naming Rights & Initial Food Partners)

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Hopefully they’re going to install individual chairs over those benches. Bench seating sucks especially with today’s body types. 

I believe the stadium will be 100% chair back seating

19 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

I really like the look of the new Stadium and you guys be getting and will be great for y'all to finally have a proper home. Are y'all expected to have the new stadium ready by next season?

Yep, scheduled to open week 1 next year for a game against UofA. 

20 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

I really like the look of the new Stadium and you guys be getting and will be great for y'all to finally have a proper home. Are y'all expected to have the new stadium ready by next season?

The home side seating, including upper deck, are right over the field. for as small as it is I have a feeling it will be loud. 

3 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Yep, scheduled to open week 1 next year for a game against UofA. 

The real mystery is, will @azgreg be there ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just saw that we're at SDSU for our 2nd conference game next season. Some time in October. I'll be there.

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Hopefully they’re going to install individual chairs over those benches. Bench seating sucks especially with today’s body types. 

Yes they are. The “benches” are precast slabs they’re putting into place with cranes. Seats will be bolted on after. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, SLCPoke said:

Any idea why they didn’t duplicate that on the other side? 

My guess is affordability. See the seating chart below, all of the cheapest seating in on the south and east side. If not for that there would be a lot of folks complaining about ticket prices, fair or not. 

Football season ticket prices released for new Aztec Stadium - The San  Diego Union-Tribune

40 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

My guess is affordability. See the seating chart below, all of the cheapest seating in on the south and east side. If not for that there would be a lot of folks complaining about ticket prices, fair or not. 

Football season ticket prices released for new Aztec Stadium - The San  Diego Union-Tribune

It's SDSU so you know a bunch of people are going to complain right, left, forwards, backwards and up and down. I'm REALLY looking forward to not being anywhere near the two transplanted Ozark hicks whose seats were immediately behind us for 4-5 years. My guess is they'll be sitting in one of the yellow or orange sections going forward.

Just now, 818SUDSFan said:

It's SDSU so you know a bunch of people are going to complain right, left, forwards, backwards and up and down. I'm REALLY looking forward to not being anywhere near the two transplanted Ozark hicks whose seats were immediately behind us for 4-5 years. My guess is they'll be sitting in one of the yellow or orange sections going forward.

I won't miss randos sitting in my seat acting put out when I show up to sit in it...that was completely normal at the Q with all the open seats.