Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

Way too early Bball Rank ‘em

I think we usually do this on Sunday or Monday but I’m freaking bored. Everyone has played at least 2 games. 

1) SDSU

2) CSU

3) Fresno State

4) Wyoming 

5) UNLV

6) New Mexico

7) Boise State

8) Utah State

9) Nevada

10) San Jose State

11) Air Force

throw tomatoes, scream, yell, bite… I don’t care just join me in another rank ‘em thread. 

tetons1.jpg

18 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

CSU

SDSU

Nevada

Boise State

Wyoming

Fresno State 

UNLV

New Mexico

USU

Air Force

SJSU

New to this board. Thought I would just remain a lurker, but your rankings are so bad I had to create an account just to say you’re an idiot. 

3 minutes ago, Rebeltob said:

New to this board. Thought I would just remain a lurker, but your rankings are so bad I had to create an account just to say you’re an idiot. 

You’re not getting off to a very good start. Instead of calling people idiots, go ahead and post your own predictions. 

CSU

Everyone else 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

5 hours ago, Rebeltob said:

Well, that's one way to make an entrance, lol.

6 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

I think we usually do this on Sunday or Monday but I’m freaking bored. Everyone has played at least 2 games. 

1) SDSU

2) CSU

3) Fresno State

4) Wyoming 

5) UNLV

6) New Mexico

7) Boise State

8) Utah State

9) Nevada

10) San Jose State

11) Air Force

throw tomatoes, scream, yell, bite… I don’t care just join me in another rank ‘em thread. 

I think its a bit premature. I do think SDSU and CSU look to be the class right now. I do think Wyoming, Fresno, UNLV, are trending into the range of dangerous opponent but I’m not quite prepared to move them ahead of Boise or Utah State. I don’t know what to do with Nevada; they’re looking like a whole is less than the sum of the parts right now but that can change.  Encouraging signs from both SJSU and Air Force but I do see them as the clear cut bottom 2.

6 hours ago, Rebeltob said:

You’re not a very good lurker then. Learn the rules freaking weirdo. 

tetons1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I think its a bit premature. I do think SDSU and CSU look to be the class right now. I do think Wyoming, Fresno, UNLV, are trending into the range of dangerous opponent but I’m not quite prepared to move them ahead of Boise or Utah State. I don’t know what to do with Nevada; they’re looking like a whole is less than the sum of the parts right now but that can change.  Encouraging signs from both SJSU and Air Force but I do see them as the clear cut bottom 2.

Super premature- that’s why it sounded fun. I love me some way too early rankings. 

tetons1.jpg

5 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

UNLV is better than 7th in the MW.

They scraped by an NDSU squad that lost by 50+ at Arizona last night. Struggled to beat a Gardner Webb team that lost by 40 at Duke last night. They’re definitely improved over last season but so are UNM, Fresno and Wyoming. It’s too soon to tell where anyone fits.

Just now, SLCPoke said:

Super premature- that’s why it sounded fun. I love me some way too early rankings. 

Face it. You just wanted to get some chatter going on your Pokes who are looking like the most improved team in the MWC right now. 

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Face it. You just wanted to get some chatter going on your Pokes who are looking like the most improved team in the MWC right now. 

Totally busted. Plus I wanted to talk about how the Pokes are obviously better than CSU. Sorry, you will just have to deal with the fact that the Pokes are a 20 point better team than the Rammies. Don’t even try to tell me very loose transitive property doesn’t correlate, that would be so lame of you. Haha 

tetons1.jpg

It is far too early for this. Some teams have played no one yet, we have no idea how good some of the teams some teams have lost to are, and some teams have played fewer games than others.

For example, USU has only played two games and accounts for, on paper, what looks to be the conference’s best win and maybe worst loss. Maybe that win ages poorly and loss ages well though?

About the only thing I am comfortable saying at this point is that CSU and SDSU look to be pretty good.