Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

Liz Cancel

5 hours ago, Billings said:

Trump's GOP -  You will think and act as we tell you or else.

-fixed-

I think it's the same pretty much everywhere. I think every representative who voted to impeach Trump will be gone.

42 minutes ago, CV147 said:

-fixed-

I think it's the same pretty much everywhere. I think every representative who voted to impeach Trump will be gone.

• Liz Cheney (WY) - Kicked out of the Wyoming GOP and facing primary challengers
  • Adam Kinzinger (IL) - Not running for re-election
  • Tom Rice (SC) - Facing primary challengers and accusations of being a "turncoat"
  • Dan Newhouse (WA) - Facing primary challengers on the right
  • Anthony Gonzalez (OH) - Not running for re-election in the face of a Trumpist primary opponent and returning to the Trump dominated GQP in Congress
  • Fred Upton (MI) - Currently uncertain about running for re-election and has loudly criticized the Republican party
  • Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA) - Facing primary challengers on the right, but holds a solid fundraising lead over all of them
  • Peter Meijer (MI) - Trump just endorced his main primary challenger
  • John Katko (NY) - Facing primary challengers on the right
  • David Valadao (CA) - Depending on redistricting, a large portion of his district may be absorbed into where Nunes or McCarthy end up running. The Democratic party is also lining up potential opponents on their side as well.

So two will be gone already, a third is considering dropping out, while a fourth may not have anywhere to run due to redistricting.

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Crazy how Democrats hated her guts for her part in the Iraq war and now she’s a hero. It’s called the Romney syndrome. 

"Hero" is not the word. More palatable when it comes to calling out Trump for January 6? Yes. But not a "hero".

But, when you come from a Cult of Personality that worships an idiot with an awful spray on tan, what more can you expect?

2 hours ago, retrofade said:
  • Liz Cheney (WY) - Kicked out of the Wyoming GOP and facing primary challengers
  • Adam Kinzinger (IL) - Not running for re-election
  • Tom Rice (SC) - Facing primary challengers and accusations of being a "turncoat"
  • Dan Newhouse (WA) - Facing primary challengers on the right
  • Anthony Gonzalez (OH) - Not running for re-election in the face of a Trumpist primary opponent and returning to the Trump dominated GQP in Congress
  • Fred Upton (MI) - Currently uncertain about running for re-election and has loudly criticized the Republican party
  • Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA) - Facing primary challengers on the right, but holds a solid fundraising lead over all of them
  • Peter Meijer (MI) - Trump just endorced his main primary challenger
  • John Katko (NY) - Facing primary challengers on the right
  • David Valadao (CA) - Depending on redistricting, a large portion of his district may be absorbed into where Nunes or McCarthy end up running. The Democratic party is also lining up potential opponents on their side as well.

So two will be gone already, a third is considering dropping out, while a fourth may not have anywhere to run due to redistricting.

There are people running against Cheney, but I wouldn't say she's facing challengers.

Harriet Hageman lost the Republican primary for Governor 3 years ago by over 12%. Anthony Bouchard is a pedophile, and won't drop out because he's sad that he didn't get a meeting with Trump. Darin Smith and Chuck Gray are Trump bootlickers that already dropped out because he told them to. I couldn't even tell you who the other candidates are, but they don't want to drop out and will split the vote.

I don't like Liz Cheney's policies at all. She votes party line 93% of the time, and the Wyoming GOP is effing crazy if they think that she's a RINO. That being said I respect that she has a backbone and isn't part of the MAGA cult. She'll get re-electecd in a landslide because all of the people in Wyoming that aren't part of the GQP will vote for her.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Crazy how Democrats hated her guts for her part in the Iraq war and now she’s a hero. It’s called the Romney syndrome. 

Crazy how the GOP “hates cancel culture” but have no problem cancelling people. 

And don’t worry, I still hate Liz Cheney’s guts. She is not a hero. 

14 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

There are people running against Cheney, but I wouldn't say she's facing challengers.

Harriet Hageman lost the Republican primary for Governor 3 years ago by over 12%. Anthony Bouchard is a pedophile, and won't drop out because he's sad that he didn't get a meeting with Trump. Darin Smith and Chuck Gray are Trump bootlickers that already dropped out because he told them to. I couldn't even tell you who the other candidates are, but they don't want to drop out and will split the vote.

I don't like Liz Cheney's policies at all. She votes party line 93% of the time, and the Wyoming GOP is effing crazy if they think that she's a RINO. That being said I respect that she has a backbone and isn't part of the MAGA cult. She'll get re-electecd in a landslide because all of the people in Wyoming that aren't part of the GQP will vote for her.

That’s been my thought, too.  I think we’ll see the same in the Idaho gubernatorial race. 

Joe Walsh is correct about "this GOP".

The current GOP has forgotten Reagan's advice that someone who agrees with you 80% of the time is a friend and ally not an enemy or traitor.

The GOP is still trying to enforce loyalty tests even if it means the party stays small.

4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Joe Walsh is correct about "this GOP".

The current GOP has forgotten Reagan's advice that someone who agrees with you 80% of the time is a friend and ally not an enemy or traitor.

The GOP is still trying to enforce loyalty tests even if it means the party stays small.

That's probably true. One of the great disconnects is that the "I don't like him, but I like his policies" crowd is purging the Cheneys, who is almost 100% with them on policy but is against "him" and his abuses of power.

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

That's probably true. One of the great disconnects is that the "I don't like him, but I like his policies" crowd is purging the Cheneys, who is almost 100% with them on policy but is against "him" and his abuses of power.

The claims of "I don't like him, but I like his policies" were by and large nothing more than lies. 

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The thing that is frustrating to me is the "I don't like him, but I like his policies" crowd, doesn't actually recognize that his 'policies' are what works best for him to stay in power.  Some of his 'policies' are in line with what they want but others not so much.... yet he continually tells them everything he does is for them and/or against what the evil Ds want.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh shit...

My last name means I am guilty of raping and pillaging the North Atlantic.     :(

Your last name is "The Red"?

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level