Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

The Future of the Big12

23 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

As discussed ad nausea in other threads.  IF the Big 12 expands, the national consensus among industry experts is that it will be with Boise.   

Nope.  If they were going to be included they would have already.  Sorry man.  In all fairness though, further expansion isn’t likely so it really has nothing to do with Boise.

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

Someone show this guy a map.

He's right. You need to look at your map again.

San Diego is the fifth most western school in the conference after Hawaii, San Jose, Fresno, and Reno.

Boise is next, which is why UNLV should be in the Mountain Division, but I guess the importance of the cannon won out.

7 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Nope.  If they were going to be included they would have already.  Sorry man.  In all fairness though, further expansion isn’t likely so it really has nothing to do with Boise.

Boise to the Big 12 is a done deal it looks like!

If there is one thing about realignment, if Woosh says something, bank on the opposite.

And yea, IF the Big 12 expands again, it expands with Boise.  

Once UH has full voting rights, I know how we are going to vote.  West.  It's an untapped eyeball market despite the alleged, all clogged east coast bias re platform money.  The west coast is under exploited other than hapless PAC.  It's time to make a difference and secure things. 

UCF, Cincy, West Virginia, Memphis do their job.  The crowded middle with Iowa State, both Kansas squads, Oklahoma State, Tech, Baylor, UH, arrogant unwarranted TCU in the middle. 

BYU, San Diego State, Boise State, team x solidify the West. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

59 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Someone show this guy a map.

12 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

He's right. You need to look at your map again.

San Diego is the fifth most western school on the conference after Hawaii, San Jose, Fresno, and Reno.

Did someone say map?!?

I recommend looking at a map in a non Albers conformal conic projection. Pick a Platte carre derived protection or something cylindrical.  Really anything mercator and it will show that CA curves to the east along the coast line to show it's not really that far from boise when you are looking at lines of longitude. 

Now if you are referring to Euclidean distance then yeah its way more than 50 miles.

Here is what will define it all.  The Big12 upcoming platform rights are due up in 2024.  Currently it is Fox and ESPN paying out about $35m per squad with Texas and Oklahoma.  Not to mention Power 5 payoff and of course great hoops money.  See Kansas. 

Boomer and Texas are gone.  At first, it put everyone on a spin.  Texas and Oklahoma bolting to SEC and that world of potential upside and downside for Them Two.  The world fell apart re a contagion of things.  But not really.  It is finally leading to the Final Separation.  Good, bad, or indifferent. 

c. 2023 when Big 12 renegotiates its platform rights, it will be nothing like 'the sky is falling $18m/squad TCU style'.  It will remain healthy and strong.  But not healthy enough.  We will need others.

Expansion and platform negotiations.  Eyes on out performing ACC and PAC.  SEC and B1G are untouchable. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 11/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, Coog kev said:

As ya'll know re Power Five separation is occurring with meetings in Dallas and whatnot.  And all the nutty stuff lower gears Sun Belt, CUSA implosion, American P6 life boat to nowhere.  The Separation will occur.  As a future member of Big12 I do not think that as 12 in the Power Five in our markets is not be quite good enough.

We will need to go to 14. Once a voting member to expand, I want first and foremost San Diego State.  Followed by either of Boise State or Air Force.  No Memphis.

Thoughts?  other than go phouck yourself, Coog tard kev.

Hate to break it to you but the Power 5 will no longer exist. After Texas and Oklahoma leaves it will become the Power 4. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

7 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

When you gonna show us how Memphis bball that hasn't gone to the tourney for coming up on a decade is worth more than Boise State football?

Show us, you coward.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

Hate to break it to you but the Power 5 will no longer exist. After Texas and Oklahoma leaves it will become the Power 4. 

Nah, the Pac-12 will still be considered Power 5, even if it is a step down.

On 11/14/2021 at 7:23 PM, UofMTigers said:

nope, that sums it up nicely.

I have always supported Memphis to the Big 12 but think SDSU must be the next school to add.  Boise is below junior college rank in academics  and is unacceptable in any way for the B12.  

I do expect to see the PAC and B12 eventually go to 14 however. Still Boise State would not be considered.

6 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

When you gonna show us how Memphis bball that hasn't gone to the tourney for coming up on a decade is worth more than Boise State football?

Show us, you coward.

that streak should end in about 4 months...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Academics doesnt matter to the B12. 

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Memphis fans have been a little obnoxious on this forum, but I think Memphis is the next domino for the B12 if they go further. The location, the support, it's all there. I'm confident they were a significant candidate in the +4 conversation.

Go Cougars

The Big 12 commish has said he doesn't see more expansion in the hear near future, a few AD's from Big 12 have said the same thing however Big 12 does have a short list of schools they would look toward first and Memphis and Boise are both on that list. But in reality I think the big boys are done with expansion it will be movement under them now.

21 hours ago, roughrider said:

Academic smack aside, cal state school fan where their best academic school is Cal Poly,  if you think that's going to matter for the 5th conference in desperation mode,  i've got a video game to sell you.

SUDS is a better All Sport option than Boy-Z.

New State of the Art playpen. Check.

Fertile Recruiting Ground. Check

Large TV Market. Check

Great B-Ball. Check

Boise B-ball just lost to UC phucking Irvine.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor