Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 11/13/21 - WHO YA GOT?

I’m going to take a break from betting today. Two absolutely horrible beats where the game did not come close to playing out the way I thought it would.

If I were betting, I’d lean toward taking Air Force and the points because I doubt that a Frank Hadith coached Tulsa has the discipline to play against Air Force. I’d lean toward Colorado and the points against UNM. I wouldn’t touch any UNLV game with such little information but Cal does really suck.  And who knows with Boise if Shavers is still out; depth is not their strength.

We can start guessing who will be coaching Cal and Stanford next season. Those two programs are tanking under Mark Fox and Jerrod Hause. Early candidates will be the usual West Coast suspects like Russell Turner and Mike Magpayo for Cal. Who knows with Stanford? The only reason I bring it up is because there are a few quality MWC assistants who may be ready for the next head coaching step next season and both UC-Irvine and UC-Riverside would be solid destinations for guys like Chris Acker of SDSU.

Just now, jdgaucho said:

If Turner didn't leave UCI after a 31 win season in 2019, I can't see him leaving now.  He's been there 12 years now

I think there’s some truth to that. But things change.

Air Force 59 - Tulsa 58.

Falcons came all the way back from that 11-point deficit and nailed a 3-ball with 24 seconds to go to come away with the win. I should have trusted my judgment regarding a Frank Haith coached team struggling.

Air Force!!!

Nice win!!

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Air Force 59 - Tulsa 58.

Falcons came all the way back from that 11-point deficit and nailed a 3-ball with 24 seconds to go to come away with the win. I should have trusted my judgment regarding a Frank Haith coached team struggling.

That's a fantastic win. Coupled with SJSU's win, the MW has a chance to get every team in the top 200. That would be great come tournament time. 

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

That is a good win for AFA. Tulsa is pretty solid. With the exception of Nevada and USU dropping head scratchers at home, the start of the season has been pretty damn good for the MWC.

Boise has a shot at a probable Quad 2 win tonight. Hopefully Shaver is back. I really liked the unexpected depth they got from the bench. Let's hope that continues. Kuzmo and Naje both looked like they've made huge improvements over last year. 

Lobos down 6 at half. Colorado was 7-12 from 3 and 10-16 from ft line in the first half while Lobos were 2-10 from 3 and 7-8 from ft line. 

Hopefully Lobos can pull it off with a few breaks that go their way.