Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Can the US Men's Soccer Team Unite the Divided States of America?

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Couldn’t watch it until this morning. Greet match. So glad Weah started. Man of the match IMO.

Really dumb for McKennie to get himself booked. Needless. 

I disagree on McKennie. He was defending his teammate from another blatant attack from a Mexican player. I have ZERO issue with him doing that. It was stupid of Steffen to get booked for running 60 yards up the pitch to get into Rodriguez's face, but I'm good with what McKennie did. 

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

I disagree on McKennie. He was defending his teammate from another blatant attack from a Mexican player. I have ZERO issue with him doing that. It was stupid of Steffen to get booked for running 60 yards up the pitch to get into Rodriguez's face, but I'm good with what McKennie did. 

McKennie got into it earlier as well. As a result the team doesn’t have him when he’s needed. Dumb. Let the ref do his job. Anyway, great result. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

Yup. Every team needs a guy like McKinnie willing to stick his nose in there.  His fiery nature is part of what makes him the heart of the team.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

11 hours ago, RSF said:

Yup. Every team needs a guy like McKinnie willing to stick his nose in there.  His fiery nature is part of what makes him the heart of the team.

Agreed. Now mind you, he is known for making some seriously boneheaded decisions at times as well, I just don't think this was one of those times. 

12 hours ago, RSF said:

well let’s hope they don’t need him Tuesday. 

10 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Not to mention I hope we get to see Busio under pressure.  

Watching Busio is a treat. Just an excellent playmaker from the midfield. And he's improving on defense too in Serie A.

I'm looking forward to him starting.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

McKennie is the most important piece of this team

Lmao. The final frame of that video is Acosta giving Mexican ultras the bird. Hilarious I never noticed that before

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

I'll be interested to see what Sargent does/doesn't do under Dean Smith.  Farke is a great soccer COACH.  He wasn't a great manager.  These are 2 different things.  Norwich has a ton of good young talent.  Regardless Sargent had his shot, they tried to get him on the ball and he blew that chance so far.  The EPL is very hard to find a groove for foreign players.  See Havertz and Werner

16 hours ago, 702Canary said:

I'll be interested to see what Sargent does/doesn't do under Dean Smith.  Farke is a great soccer COACH.  He wasn't a great manager.  These are 2 different things.  Norwich has a ton of good young talent.  Regardless Sargent had his shot, they tried to get him on the ball and he blew that chance so far.  The EPL is very hard to find a groove for foreign players.  See Havertz and Werner

The majority of players in the EPL are foreign. 

27 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

The majority of players in the EPL are foreign. 

That wasn't my point.  Let me spell it out.  Foreign players have a hard time adapting to the English game at first because it's much more physical and demanding style of play than other leagues.