Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

UNR @ SDSU

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I love these games. But they always make me nauseous. Zero turnovers today. It was all execution.

Nine Nevada penalties for 77 yards. Two Aztec penalties for 20 yards.

The Defensive hold on the blocked FG attempt was the difference in the game.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

This series has quickly become one of the better Rivalries in the Conference.

We need a Trophy !

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Chrysis said:

Never gonna win this stupid conference

They can Win out and have their first ten win season in the MW.

Baby Steps, my friend.

Baby Steps.

Americans Mayor

Allowing a 99 yard drive for a score,

Allowing SDSU to trade a FG for a TD

Or

Getting a stop on 4th and 4 on the game winning drive.

Trade just one of those and Nevada wins. This is a damn frustrating team to watch sometimes. Little things drive me crazy.

Gah

To Aztec fans-I thought the Aztecs were efficient. I read a lot about how Johnson isn't very good but he was plenty efficient in this game and made big throws when he needed to. Your offense is just good enough and your defense is solid, that = a 9-1 record. I hope you beat whatever PAC-12 team you get in the bowl.

This has turned into a nice little rivalry.

Damn it feels good to win a Big Conference game.

fuck yea hell yeah GIF by BBQ Films

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, Fowl said:

Good game Nevada.  I thought you guys were the better team and Strong would pull it out in the end.  Guess not.  SDSU has been lucky all year and we lucked out on another game.  I think we lose the last two to UNLV (they are improving and we will overlook them) and Boise so I think you're going to win the division if Josers come through.

I thought our game plans on both sides sucked.  On defense we rushed just 3 pretty much all night long and dropped 8 who decided underneath routes, RB dump offs, and WR screens would be picked up by others.  On offense our QB faced a four man rush every play tonight and got happy feet before his WR's could even get into their routes.  Plus our OC is a moron and runs the same inside and outside zone plays over and over and over again so it's not much of a surprise to the defense. 

Dude. STOP.

You don't luck into a 9-1 record. 

As to UNLV beating us?  Anything is possible but I noticed that last night they ran for 300 yards and their QB threw 2 picks and zero TDs. 

Do you think UNLV is going to run for 300 yards against us?

For reference- Nevada had Eight....not eighty ..not eight hundred yards on 15 carries against us last night 

If you can't at the very least enjoy 9-1 and marvel at our stout defense, our great kicking game and the effort our RBs and linemen are giving, you should perhaps get another hobby.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

This series has quickly become one of the better Rivalries in the Conference.

We need a Trophy !

Thee Olde Meth Bindle!

Quick! Someone invent the back story!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, BlueCheer said:

Or

Trade just one of those and Nevada wins. This is a damn frustrating team to watch sometimes. Little things drive me crazy.

Gah

To Aztec fans-I thought the Aztecs were efficient. I read a lot about how Johnson isn't very good but he was plenty efficient in this game and made big throws when he needed to. Your offense is just good enough and your defense is solid, that = a 9-1 record. I hope you beat whatever PAC-12 team you get in the bowl.

Interesting enough met lots of Nevada fans- very few from Nevada.

We will take care of business down south next Friday- bank on it.

BoyZeeeeeeeeee after!

Downtown Vegas.jpeg

Kind of the game I was expecting between the two teams, and our rush defense has been pretty bad all season and we aren't that physical for big running teams. If you realy think, our offense hasn't been wholy consistant all year really, and now I think teams are watching videos of what other defenses are doing and they are implementing them now and that is what you are seeing.

That is why I was scared of the SDSU and Air Force games because we knew those two teams would run the ball and if we can't stop the run, then we are in trouble. I could see us losing next week to Air Force as well, if they can control the line of scrimmage against our defense. 

We are a middle of the road MWC team

Well congrats Aztecs.  If you guys win out and finish 11-1, well, then you earned it and I can live with that.

if State can’t beat San Ho, then they don’t deserve it, so I can live with that too.

Dont sleep on the Rebels btw, they honestly aren’t that bad.

5 hours ago, BlueCheer said:

Or

Gah

Don’t forget the near pick that Lee almost came up with on that last drive, would have been tough to ice the game with a lack of a rushing attack and then having all 3 TOs but was still a huge opportunity missed.

17 hours ago, Fowl said:

Good game Nevada.  I thought you guys were the better team and Strong would pull it out in the end.  Guess not. 

Strong looked like an NFL caliber qb in three drives. The rest of the night our D made him look like an Aztec qb.

SDSU has been lucky all year and we lucked out on another game.  I think we lose the last two to UNLV (they are improving and we will overlook them) and Boise so I think you're going to win the division if Josers come through.

:rotflmfao:

I thought our game plans on both sides sucked.  On defense we rushed just 3 pretty much all night long and dropped 8 who decided underneath routes, RB dump offs, and WR screens would be picked up by others. 

They only brought 3 or 4 because it was working

On offense our QB faced a four man rush every play tonight and got happy feet before his WR's could even get into their routes. 

Johnson played well enough to put up 23 points and zero turnovers. He was clutch when he needed to be at the end of the game. 

Plus our OC is a moron and runs the same inside and outside zone plays over and over and over again so it's not much of a surprise to the defense. 

Nevada is also a very good team. They are trying just as hard as SDSU. Look what they did to Boise.

I love this win. This is the first Big Conference win since 2016. Hopefully, this will build the O's confidence and they can get on a roll.

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Kind of the game I was expecting between the two teams, and our rush defense has been pretty bad all season and we aren't that physical for big running teams. If you realy think, our offense hasn't been wholy consistant all year really, and now I think teams are watching videos of what other defenses are doing and they are implementing them now and that is what you are seeing.

That is why I was scared of the SDSU and Air Force games because we knew those two teams would run the ball and if we can't stop the run, then we are in trouble. I could see us losing next week to Air Force as well, if they can control the line of scrimmage against our defense. 

We are a middle of the road MWC team

Well if you are, then so are we. That game was a coin flip, and this year it went our way.  You guys worked BSU; gave FSU a battle to the end, and were a play or 2 away from beating us. You’re pretty solid in my book.

2 hours ago, westfan said:

As a Nevada fan, I miss Cole Turner during games like last night.

this mattered! it wasn't why they lost but..

hey snotty  Blowfish:

Home prices are rising and do not appear to be slowing down. The housing market in northern Nevada is booming, with prices rising 25 percent in the Reno-Sparks market in the last 12 months. MacDonald says the region's growth is driving the price.....

cerified_Subarus.jpg

18 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

The Defensive hold on the blocked FG attempt was the difference in the game.

Nevada culprit's apparent intent on the play:

Grab SDSU player's jersey: Check.

Throw SDSU player down: Check.

Act innocent as hell so officials won't notice: Major fail.

It was so blatant that to call it simply a hold would be an understatement. I thought such stupidity had gone away permanently with SDSU's firing of Al Lugenbill almost 30 years ago. (Either that or with UNR's firing of "Corndog" Pulian.)

But that said, Nevada played a very good game and no culpability should be attached to Norvell who is damn fine head coach.