Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

UNR @ SDSU

Aztecs can move a bit further in the West rankings with a win. Would still like help from AFA and SJSU to get a safe cushion. 

If Strong gets going, we’re screwed. We can’t come from behind, and our D has shown they tire out at the end of games after rushing so many times. A tired front 6 is a recipe for disaster for UNRs bowling ball RBs.

Cameron Thomas, Keyshawn Banks, and whoever is covering Doubs need to have huge games. My gut says UNR wins, but my mind is convincing me Johnson has one great game up his sleeve and this one is it.

FYI "Nevada" is the name of the football team you are referencing here......

And is also the name of  all the other  athletic teams from the U of Nevada in Reno.

the Aztecs are pretty good, really talented D, but they have some QB issues.

I think Nevada will play well.

They just play a tough one vs a good and well coached San Jose State squad.

I think it will go to the 4th ....... :rock:

cerified_Subarus.jpg

18 minutes ago, badfish said:

Aztecs can move a bit further in the West rankings with a win. Would still like help from AFA and SJSU to get a safe cushion. 

If Strong gets going, we’re screwed. We can’t come from behind, and our D has shown they tire out at the end of games after rushing so many times. A tired front 6 is a recipe for disaster for UNRs bowling ball RBs.

Cameron Thomas, Keyshawn Banks, and whoever is covering Doubs need to have huge games. My gut says UNR wins, but my mind is convincing me Johnson has one great game up his sleeve and this one is it.

We all assumed this would be a huge game in the west. I think nevada has played pretty well to date. The OL has had its issues. I suspect it will be like most of the games nevada has played against SDSU. And hopefully it’s 4 wins in a row for nevada in the series. 

I'm sure it will be a close game, just like every SDSU game seems to be no matter the opponent. 

Our o-line is awful, and SDSU will exploit that better than anyone. SJSU left a pretty good gameplan of how to beat us. 

It would sure be nice if this was the year the starts aligned for us, and we're able to get over the hump and into the championship game. 

Hoping we can repeat the 1st game played against the Aztecs 44-6 (1945)  Pretty close series SDSU holds the edge 7-6.   I might like Nevada's chances but beating a quality program 4 years in a row is tough.  If our money maker TE can't play after that targeting call by SJSU the odds will go decidedly in San Diego's favor.  SDSU's Def is better, Nevada's Off is better.  I would lean in SDSU's favor but the homer in me would call it a toss up.  Should be a good game.

Same old song, and its old.

We have lost what, 2-3 of the past games to Nevada (Yes Lester I get it, family went to "Nevada").

The Nevada HC states, "San Diego State" is our "Measuring Stick" of where we want to be.

The Josers showed us what to do-now its that pesky doing it. D=total confidence whereas O(OMG) Offense and the Captain Obvious confused in the Wheelhouse, reality is Nevada can expect far too many dives up the middle and if history is any indicator, stupid play action short (7 yards) toss's/bobbles.

Nevada will be up and ready for this game-so will the Aztecs.

ST are proven to be a solid "Offensive" contributor now lets see if the idiot can utilize our best players on O like our TE's, Matthews and the Back up RB's on out patterns deep.

Our starting QB('s) both have records in HS and JC for passing- its what the QB coach has "Done" to these kids psyche is what needs to improve.

This is the game that will determine whom wins the MWC. 

8 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

FYI "Nevada" is the name of the football team you are referencing here......

And is also the name of  all the other  athletic teams from the U of Nevada in Reno.

the Aztecs are pretty good, really talented D, but they have some QB issues.

I think Nevada will play well.

They just play a tough one vs a good and well coached San Jose State squad.

I think it will go to the 4th ....... :rock:

Yeah, what is UNR ?  Unicorns ‘n Roses ?   Nevada’s had our number 3 years in a row.

SDSU -2.5 is laughable. Bet Nevada getting points. 

Terrible matchup for SDSU.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

7 hours ago, wolfan said:

Hoping we can repeat the 1st game played against the Aztecs 44-6 (1945)  Pretty close series SDSU holds the edge 7-6.   I might like Nevada's chances but beating a quality program 4 years in a row is tough.  If our money maker TE can't play after that targeting call by SJSU the odds will go decidedly in San Diego's favor.  SDSU's Def is better, Nevada's Off is better.  I would lean in SDSU's favor but the homer in me would call it a toss up.  Should be a good game.

This is hardly a "Home" game. Most in SD don't want ANYTHING to do with territory north of Camp Pendleton. 31 years here has confirmed that comment.

Carson (aka FresNo South) is nasty and actually smells. 114 miles north and we struggle with getting fans to go to the wrong side of the state (see our Genius Marketing Dept for that favor).

I think you hit it, 4 in a row is not happening.

Best of luck after this game! 

7 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

This is hardly a "Home" game. Most in SD don't want ANYTHING to do with territory north of Camp Pendleton. 31 years here has confirmed that comment.

Carson (aka FresNo South) is nasty and actually smells. 114 miles north and we struggle with getting fans to go to the wrong side of the state (see our Genius Marketing Dept for that favor).

I think you hit it, 4 in a row is not happening.

Best of luck after this game! 

I understand the issues with Carson, but where else do you suggest they should have played? There’s no place closer. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

10 hours ago, badfish said:

prayer GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Norvell seems to have our number.

The Nevada Front Seven has proven capable of stuffing the Aztec run game in past seasons. If the Aztecs had an adequate passing game they would be the team to beat in this League, but alas, the Football Gods have not smiled upon them.

I'm thinking this will be a tough low scoring affair like the last three games. Whoever gets the most Defensive or Special Teams scores wins this one.

Americans Mayor

32 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I understand the issues with Carson, but where else do you suggest they should have played? There’s no place closer. 

What has the attendance been-biggest game?

We have stadiums all over SD that could have accommodated. NCAA I am certain, if petitioned, would have supported a Temp location with under the minimal seating.

2 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

What has the attendance been-biggest game?

I’m not sure. My understanding was that were no other closer, smaller stadiums that could accommodate TV telecasts. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 minutes ago, renoskier said:

typical

bitch, bitch, bitch...but offer no solution 

It comes with retiring to BajaMar.

:thumbsup:

Americans Mayor