Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Hawaii at UNLV

4 minutes ago, 303Rebel said:

I know the last 2 teams are FBS Bowl teams but if the Rebels could win out.. wishful thinking I know but then you could at least say this team and staff are coming up on turning the corner!

Cameron Friel will have to make better decisions if we want to have a chance.  The game is still a little fast for him.  Eventually, he will learn to wave the white flag and move on to the next play.

Defensively, we have to to a better job of not giving up the big passing plays.

Congratulations to Charles Williams, 266 yds and 3 TDS. 

I saw a lot of poise and maturity from the staff and players today. There definitely is development of players and staff on the week to week basis. I’m looking forward to the next game as this will be another real challenge for us. To date this team has played the eighth toughest schedule in division one football and that experience is starting to pay dividends. 

8 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

A lot of Hawaii fans here, as always. @Warbow you here? Or any of our MW Hawaii fans?

Not there. But was there last week. 

Nice win. We need to fire our OC.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

The Sun as usual finds a way to diminish everything UNLV MBB and FB. As usual Grimaldi talks down the FB win as an ugly win. I saw it as an ugly 5 minutes by Friel and 1 long pass play that a 1 on 1 CB got beat. After that start Friel finally pulled his head out of his ass. The Chuckwagon as usual kept us in the game, until he ran away with it. We will certainly miss Charles in the future. Next Friday is Senior night. Chuck and the other Seniors deserve a big turnout. 

17 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

The Sun as usual finds a way to diminish everything UNLV MBB and FB. As usual Grimaldi talks down the FB win as an ugly win. I saw it as an ugly 5 minutes by Friel and 1 long pass play that a 1 on 1 CB got beat. After that start Friel finally pulled his head out of his ass. The Chuckwagon as usual kept us in the game, until he ran away with it. We will certainly miss Charles in the future. Next Friday is Senior night. Chuck and the other Seniors deserve a big turnout. 

Hard to rip on Grimaldi when Arroyo is literally quoted saying it’s an ugly win. 

But the thing I’m most proud of is the resiliency of the group when things weren’t perfect. We’re turning the ball over, we’re playing ugly — we won ugly, and there’s a lot to (be gained) from that. You find out that you can win that way and finish a game when you believe in each other.”

1 hour ago, EZRebel said:

I WAS a subscriber of the Review Journal/Sun for 35 years.  Even with a win, the Rebels get shade. The glorification of “everything Raiders” and the social justice spin was just too much.

They’ve been anti-UNLV since my dad went there in the 1970s.