Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Opening Night in MWC Hoops - WHO YA’ GOT?

26 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They said on sports center that was their first road D1 win. Can that be right? 

It's their first nonconference D1 win, their first win over a Pac 12 opponent

47 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

UC Irvine hosts Boise next.  Boise needs this one for at-large purposes as UCI should be either a Quad 2 (51-100) or Quad 3 opponent by year's end.  It's an early bubble game for the Donks.

Not so much for UCI. But if they want to build their own at-large case - they host Pepperdine and get USC and Buffalo on the road - then they need this win.

Yeah, the UCI game will give us an early indication of where BSU is at this year as far as NCAAT worthiness. Although BSU might not have Marcus Shaver for the game which would make winning at UCI much tougher.

Also, your Quad numbers above are jacked up. Quad 2 is categorized as playing teams ranked 76-135 in the NET when you are the road team. Quad 1 is playing teams ranked 1-75 if you're the road team. UCI will hopefully be a Quad 2 road game for BSU.  

6 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Yeah, the UCI game will give us an early indication of where BSU is at this year as far as NCAAT worthiness. Although BSU might not have Marcus Shaver for the game which would make winning at UCI much tougher.

Also, your Quad numbers above are jacked up. Quad 2 is categorized as playing teams ranked 76-135 in the NET when you are the road team. Quad 1 is playing teams ranked 1-75 if you're the road team. UCI will hopefully be a Quad 2 road game for BSU.  

Thanks.  I've fixed my post.  UCI should be at minimum, a Q2 game for Boise. 

They finished just outside the top-100 last year and with their overall schedule combined with projected finish in the Big West (1st or 2nd), they'll be up there.

4 minutes ago, wyo 1 said:

Ike is going to be a problem for this league.

Jefferies and DuSell better be ready to catch and shoot some open 3's. Ike is gonna be drawing a lot of help defense down low.

Oden has also showed some athleticism down low. Hopefully him and Ike don't crowd each other out too much. I wouldn't be too upset if Thompson lost some minutes.

19 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Is he expected to play a big roll?  If so, yeah, y’all might be in trouble. 

Seneca came off the bench last night, getting 16 minutes - the least of anyone who played (tied with Gavin Baxter, who is on a minutes restriction).

He scored 2 points on 1-4 shooting (0-2 from 3) with 2 rebounds, 1 block, 0 assists, and 2 turnovers.  He has pretty funky-looking form on his shot.  He seemed out-of-sorts on offense - wasn't in sync with what the team was trying to do.  I don't remember him having any issues on defense, but I wasn't really watching for that, either.

I'm hoping he'll do better as the season progresses, but I wasn't particularly impressed with his first game.

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The Lobos struggling with FAU in the Pit. Tied near half time. Where are the Lobo fans? Lots of empty mid court seats. 

Greyhair section, usually down a quite a bit this early in the season. With COVID, a lot more so. Bench seats aren't bad. 

Odd observation: Lobos look like they know what they're doing. That's an improvement over the Weir regime. FAU, especially the bigs are better than advertised. 

Vegas had this as a pick'em, we'll see who has the better halftime adjustments. Bo's by two at half.

5 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Seneca came off the bench last night, getting 16 minutes - the least of anyone who played (tied with Gavin Baxter, who is on a minutes restriction).

He scored 2 points on 1-4 shooting (0-2 from 3) with 2 rebounds, 1 block, 0 assists, and 2 turnovers.  He has pretty funky-looking form on his shot.  He seemed out-of-sorts on offense - wasn't in sync with what the team was trying to do.  I don't remember him having any issues on defense, but I wasn't really watching for that, either.

I'm hoping he'll do better as the season progresses, but I wasn't particularly impressed with his first game.

He’s used to being the man on a bad team. The transition to a more structured offense may be tough for him. 

No idea how good Detroit is, but I’ll take a 38 point win. Pokes look good, but I’ve heard that before. We will have some good OOC tests to let us know where we stand:

11/18 @ Washington

11/22 @ Grand Canyon

12/8 @ Arizona

12/22 @ Stanford 

tetons1.jpg

4 minutes ago, TopLobo said:

Jaelen House drops 30 points in his UNM debut and is going to be one of the quickest guards in the MWC. Lobos are much improved from the last few years.

Yup, a 99-92 win, but should have been a larger victory margin. Lobos were up 15+, but got sloppy the last 2 minutes at the end.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."