Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Opening Night in MWC Hoops - WHO YA’ GOT?

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

PAC-12 having some troubles tonight 

UCSD takes down CAL

Montana St has Colorado in overtime

Northern Illinois about to take out Washington

Portland St & Oregon St going toe to toe at the moment 

Northern Illinois  71 Washington 64 F

34 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

csu is the only team that looked good.

I was at the BSU game tonight. They didn't look great, but they beat a decent UVU team by 20 without a key guy in Shaver, so I'd say they looked pretty good...although it's pretty hard to quantify what "good" actually looks like one game into the season.

38 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The projected top four played like it tonight winning relatively handily. Watched a bit of the USU game. They aren’t nearly as good without Queta. They look like a bottom half MWC team. 

This is my annual shout out to USU. They suck or don’t play anyone worth a crap OOC. They will be much better come the MWC tournament. Bank on it. Every. Single. Year. Since. The. Dawn. Of. Civilization. 😂

SDSU still has its offensive lulls.  But for all the new pieces, this team should gel more and more as the season progresses.  The D is not as cohesive yet, but still effective.  Our transfers are good out of the gate.  I think some non-con L's should be expected, but i think they should be a good squad, so long as they continue to mesh.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Looks like the D2 transfer is D1 good (as expected). 15 pts on 6/6 shooting for Jacobs. Tonje appears to have gone ¿en fuego? and I’m guessing 31 is career high.

He never had 20 before.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

This is my annual shout out to USU. They suck or don’t play anyone worth a crap OOC. They will be much better come the MWC tournament. Bank on it. Every. Single. Year. Since. The. Dawn. Of. Civilization. 😂

You can rest assured this particular USU basketball team will not be challenging for anything in conference except for turd of the week, worst uniforms, or most caucasian.

It was a piss-poor showing that portended a long and painful season. I would be shocked if this USU squad won more than 10 games. 

It was really that bad.

7 minutes ago, ineptimusprime said:

You can rest assured this particular USU basketball team will not be challenging for anything in conference except for turd of the week, worst uniforms, or most caucasian.

It was a piss-poor showing that portended a long and painful season. I would be shocked if this USU squad won more than 10 games. 

It was really that bad.

Then they'll upset CSU, SDSU and Boise :ph34r:

5 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

UCSD won at Cal.  Erased an 11 point first half deficit, won 80-67.  :o

UNLV hosts Berkeley next.  Fresno gets 'em later this season too.

image.gif.926c075acac6fe5dd123436d83ade735.gif

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

4 hours ago, robe said:

Seneca Knight looks way over hyped. SDSU might rock us.

Is he expected to play a big roll?  If so, yeah, y’all might be in trouble. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

57 minutes ago, ineptimusprime said:

It was really that bad.

Too early to judge. As others have said, the Aggies always seem to improve as the season goes on. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

4 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Is he expected to play a big roll?  If so, yeah, y’all might be in trouble. 

I thought so. He said he loved SJSU but left because of California Covid restrictions.

I only watch the 1st half the game. BYUtv started the game at 8 MT. Half the BYU fans live in the East so I’m not sure why they started so late. I guess they didn’t want to interrupt the relative race or some other Emmy award winning show. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

SDSU still has its offensive lulls.  But for all the new pieces, this team should gel more and more as the season progresses.  The D is not as cohesive yet, but still effective.  Our transfers are good out of the gate.  I think some non-con L's should be expected, but i think they should be a good squad, so long as they continue to mesh.

It's one game.  They looked out of sync on offense, not really sharing the ball.

Riverside is a well coached, pretty good squad that extended their defense and put a premium on shutting down the three so many of our possessions ended up with dribble penetration.

Lots of fouls at the rim. If we made our foul shots the score wouldn't have been as close. 

BYU on Friday in Provo followed by Az State at home. Not exactly a soft opening.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

It's one game.  They looked out of sync on offense, not really sharing the ball. Riverside is a pretty good squad that extended their defense and put a premium on shutting down the three so many of our possessions ended up with dribble penetration. Lots of fouls at the rim. If we made our foil shots the score wouldn't have been as close. 

BYU on Friday in Provo followed by Az State at home. Not exactly a soft opening.

We struggle against Cleveland St

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

It's one game.  They looked out of sync on offense, not really sharing the ball.

Riverside is a well coached, pretty good squad that extended their defense and put a premium on shutting down the three so many of our possessions ended up with dribble penetration.

Lots of fouls at the rim. If we made our foul shots the score wouldn't have been as close. 

Solid win for SDSU. UC-Riverside is a very undervalued team.

On 11/9/2021 at 2:07 AM, jdgaucho said:

MW could very well (and should) open the year 5-0.

Make that 4-1.

Not only did the UTags fail to cover the Spread, they lost at home to a Big West team.

Embarrassed Mikey Day GIF by Saturday Night Live

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, SpaceForced said:

CSU is legit.  They are going to be the one to beat in this conference.  ORU has a good team but CSU running away in the second half. 

You gotta go through the UTags and Aztecs before you get to make that post.

You gotta earn it on this Board before you get to talk smack. The Lambs ain't earned squat yet.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor