Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Opening Night in MWC Hoops - WHO YA’ GOT?

If you know me, you know I like to make only one or two bets and preferably get them done in the first half so that I can enjoy the second half a little more.

All MWC teams are at home and all favored by double digits doesn't seem to leave much value out there. The worst match-up is an Eastern Washington squad that basically lost their coach and all of their players to the transfer portal. Nevada is obviously very good and I’m tempted to take the Pack but I think I’ll pass.

I never bet CSU and I have to wait and see on Utah State. Boise at -15 seems pretty spot on.  Which leaves me San Diego State.

Here’s the deal. UC-Riverside is tremendously undervalued by the computers to start the season. They finished last season as nearly a Top 100 team and they were Top 50 defensively. The Highlanders smoked Washington and took USC to OT last season during their non-conference schedule.  We know San Diego State can defend. We dont know yet how well they will score.

So I’m taking the First Half Under of 62.5.

5B65096C-DC5F-427E-8C24-26F6E1529916.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Utah Valley @ Boise State (-15)

UC-Davis @ Utah State (-11.5)

Oral Roberts @ Colorado State (-12.5)

Eastern Washington @ Nevada (-19.5)

UC-Riverside @ San Diego State (-13.5)

Take all the dogs with the points. First game who knows who plays and how long....lots of 'feeling things out' gonna happen.

50 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Utah Valley @ Boise State (-15)

UC-Davis @ Utah State (-11.5)

Oral Roberts @ Colorado State (-12.5)

Eastern Washington @ Nevada (-19.5)

UC-Riverside @ San Diego State (-13.5)

MW giving the points in every game.

Book It.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

43 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

If you know me, you know I like to make only one or two bets and preferably get them done in the first half so that I can enjoy the second half a little more.

All MWC teams are at home and all favored by double digits doesn't seem to leave much value out there. The worst match-up is an Eastern Washington squad that basically lost their coach and all of their players to the transfer portal. Nevada is obviously very good and I’m tempted to take the Pack but I think I’ll pass.

I never bet CSU and I have to wait and see on Utah State. Boise at -15 seems pretty spot on.  Which leaves me San Diego State.

Here’s the deal. UC-Riverside is tremendously undervalued by the computers to start the season. They finished last season as nearly a Top 100 team and they were Top 50 defensively. The Highlanders smoked Washington and took USC to OT last season during their non-conference schedule.  We know San Diego State can defend. We dont know yet how well they will score.

So I’m taking the First Half Under of 62.5.

5B65096C-DC5F-427E-8C24-26F6E1529916.jpeg

I like that reasoning. Especially with it being the first game. Rust and all.

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Utah Valley and UC Riverside return most of their players that were decent last year. Oral Roberts did well in the Dance. I’ll take all the underdogs to cover and Nevada to cover. 

Best pick: Utah Valley to cover @ Boise State

https://gouvu.com/documents/2021/11/7/Game_1_Boise_State.pdf

Former Runnin’ Rebel Trey Woodbury is the Wolverine’s leading returning scorer. When I saw him play in Fort Collins two seasons ago, he showed his offensive prowess but seemed to lack the requisite quickness/athleticism to really compete at the MWC level.

23 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Former Runnin’ Rebel Trey Woodbury is the Wolverine’s leading returning scorer. When I saw him play in Fort Collins two seasons ago, he showed his offensive prowess but seemed to lack the requisite quickness/athleticism to really compete at the MWC level.

And Jahylon Martinez (who never once saw the court at UNLV) is playing for Riverside.

17 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Utah Valley and UC Riverside return most of their players that were decent last year. Oral Roberts did well in the Dance. I’ll take all the underdogs to cover and Nevada to cover. 

Best pick: Utah Valley to cover @ Boise State

https://gouvu.com/documents/2021/11/7/Game_1_Boise_State.pdf

Fardaws Amaiq (WAC POY and DPOY) vs. Mladen Armus will be fun to watch inside the paint. 

I think the Wolverines will struggle offensively and defensively against the bigger and more athletic perimeter players for Boise. But Boise could be in trouble if Armus gets in foul trouble early. Amaiq is a 15/15 type of guy that has 30 point potential if Armus isn't banging him around (unless there's been massive defensive improvement from Milner).