Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Jobs

15 hours ago, Bob said:

Inflation is outstripping wages.

Inflation matches 13-year-high in September, outpacing workers’ pay gain

https://fortune.com/2021/10/13/inflation-matches-13-year-high-september-outpacing-workers-pay-gain/

The labor force participation rate is still dog shit who cares about unemployment rate

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-labor-force-participation-rate.htm

image.png.8bc537cf5aee44d33cc257c9a2dc848b.png

Everything is scarce and expensive. Housing is through the roof. Gasoline is expensive. The deficit is fattening and the dems want to add 5 trillion to that. People feel the economic hardship. It's real. LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!

Bob you live in Wyoming expensive gas is a good thing

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

And equally predictable, that solitary Democrat is personally and wholly responsible for those #’s, right?

Huh? Not at all. The economy is a very complicated thing that the president has some effect on through both active(policy) means and passive(giving confidence to business) but they don't have much effect. But they do get credit and blame for the numbers. 

I was referencing, which I'm sure you know, how the right accused the u employment numbers under Obama to be fake then as soon as they were Trump's numbers they were real. Trump even admitted it was BS and that they were real now that he was in office. Now that Biden is in office the numbers don't mean anything again predictably. 

7 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Huh? Not at all. The economy is a very complicated thing that the president has some effect on through both active(policy) means and passive(giving confidence to business) but they don't have much effect. But they do get credit and blame for the numbers. 

I was referencing, which I'm sure you know, how the right accused the u employment numbers under Obama to be fake then as soon as they were Trump's numbers they were real. Trump even admitted it was BS and that they were real now that he was in office. Now that Biden is in office the numbers don't mean anything again predictably. 

So you were pointing out “politics as usual”?  That’s not surprising to most.  The president gets too much blame or credit for economy, regardless of party in power.  It’s just silly.

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

So you were pointing out “politics as usual”?  That’s not surprising to most.  The president gets too much blame or credit for economy, regardless of party in power.  It’s just silly.

Absolutely. That was a large part of the sentiment of original post. 

3 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Most everything about politics as usual is silly.  And that is what the problem is.  

Fortunately congress finally passed an infrastructure bill... it's not like the US and all of the people in it couldn't use better infrastructure.

Unfortunately, congress (note I say congress, which includes Ds & Rs) will go back to complete inaction on anything else... which is exactly what this country doesn't need but, hey, they all have to get re-elected and keep that power & money switch on.