Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Ruggs and data from crash

When I was a young adult, I was working in a dead end job before deciding to get serious about an education.  A co-worker of mine quit and went off to college, a few months later he was riding shotgun in a car going over a hundred miles an hour in a 40 mile an hour zone City Street. As I recall, the paper said the skid marks we're 540 ft long, tragically lost his life. As I recall he was 20 or 21 years old and drinking was involved.  That was back in the late 1970s, probably a large Impala, Buick, or oldsmobile.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Apparently some or all of the new C8 Corvettes have sophisticated data and video systems.  Some owners have caught dealership mechanics / personnel taking vehicles for high-speed joy rides.  If dealership personnel get in serious accident with owners car, it could become an insurance / litigation nightmare.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, 702Canary said:

So I guess he was being a total a-hole after the crash yelling at cops and hospital staff.  And he killed a dog!!!!

This guy.  Wow.

He was in the belligerent drunk phase. It might be in his best interest to settle and give family most everything, fall on his sword in the criminal matters, do his time, express regret, and maybe he can get a new start in a few years.  Although horrific and inexcusable, I don't think lifetime punishment is the correct answer.  Wishing he could relive those few minutes of his life and make a better choice will haunt him for the rest of his life. Hopefully there is a path for redemption.

110926run_defense710.jpg

52 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

He was in the belligerent drunk phase. It might be in his best interest to settle and give family most everything, fall on his sword in the criminal matters, do his time, express regret, and maybe he can get a new start in a few years.  Although horrific and inexcusable, I don't think lifetime punishment is the correct answer.  Wishing he could relive those few minutes of his life and make a better choice will haunt him for the rest of his life. Hopefully there is a path for redemption.

We all make bad decisions.  Like being a UNLV fan

2 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Unfortunately, that usually has lifetime consequences.

Bad decisions have consequences.  Getting wrecked at TopGolf and driving 156mph down a city street is one.   The video of hin and his girl all involved with their situation while not even trying to do shit about the girl who is burning alive.  +++++ that guy and +++++ his GF.

3 hours ago, 702Canary said:

Bad decisions have consequences.  Getting wrecked at TopGolf and driving 156mph down a city street is one.   The video of hin and his girl all involved with their situation while not even trying to do shit about the girl who is burning alive.  +++++ that guy and +++++ his GF.

Sorry, I was referring to UNLV :-)

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 hours ago, 702Canary said:

LOL.  watching 30 years of suck makes one a little salty at my alma mater.  Most of the dudes I lived in the dorms with back in 1990 have already had a divorce from UNLV.

As unlv fans, we all have to have a little bit of masochism in us. :)

On 11/3/2021 at 1:10 PM, tailingpermit said:

Says they’re looking at pressing firearm charges as well as another DUI charge due to his passengers injury.  

It doesn’t really make sense to me how they can press a DUI charge for injuring a passenger when they knew the driver was drunk.