Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Ford has unveiled a retro '70s concept electric pickup

QD2ATFE.png

Based on Ford's 1978 F-100 pickup, the all-electric all-wheel drive F-100 Eluminator has 480 horsepower and features Ford Performance Parts' Eluminator electric crate motor. Unfortunately it's just a concept vehicle for now, so rushing to your local Ford dealer will only net you disappointment. Even so, the F-100 Eluminator is a great example of how the aesthetics of electric vehicles are being pushed forward — or technically pushed back.

https://mashable.com/article/ford-electric-truck-pickup-vintage

Kind of torn tbh. I really dig on the retro look, and the OG trucks posted upthread make me spill my milkshake a little. But ffs it even brings with it all the old school unnecessary cheat lines and angles that make me think of this as lazy design as much as anything else. :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

7 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

My wife bought this for me last year. Barely does 70mph but I mainly use it to drive down the gravel road to the local bar.

20210526_185109.jpg

My dad passed away last year and I inherited his 76 Ford.  He bought it brand new in the same year.  It gets single digits gas mileage so looking forward to the electric one.

I drive a Ford F-150 and look forward to buying an electric/hybrid truck in a few years. I'll be retired by then and might get the Maverick. It's small but I won't be towing anything. I'll use the bed for plants and mulch and other things I'll need to keep me busy puttering around the yard. I'd like to get a 70's retro electric but it'll cost a lot. My wife and I like to travel overseas so that's where most of our money will go when we retire. I'll settle for a poster of that retro truck to put up in my garage. B)

11 hours ago, crixus said:

I drive a Ford F-150 and look forward to buying an electric/hybrid truck in a few years. I'll be retired by then and might get the Maverick. It's small but I won't be towing anything. I'll use the bed for plants and mulch and other things I'll need to keep me busy puttering around the yard. I'd like to get a 70's retro electric but it'll cost a lot. My wife and I like to travel overseas so that's where most of our money will go when we retire. I'll settle for a poster of that retro truck to put up in my garage. B)

A friend on mine ordered one. He's not sure when he'll be getting it. I'd love to have one myself.

People, not a fan.