Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Officiating this year.

Tell me I am not crazy and this year has seen exceedingly bad officiating across multiple conferences.

Boise gets an apology from the refs for removing a TD from the game today, and of course the refs removed the game winning TD against OSU.  Am I crazy or is the level of incompetence/inconsistency higher than it has been?

36 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Tell me I am not crazy and this year has seen exceedingly bad officiating across multiple conferences.

Boise gets an apology from the refs for removing a TD from the game today, and of course the refs removed the game winning TD against OSU.  Am I crazy or is the level of incompetence/inconsistency higher than it has been?

You're not crazy, the officiating is.

MW officials are getting worse every season.

We may think we are the P6, but the officiating is Bush League. I wish the Conference would tell them to let the kids play unless it is egregious or actually had an influence on the play.

:pullhair:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

You're not crazy, the officiating is.

MW officials are getting worse every season.

We may think we are the P6, but the officiating is Bush League. I wish the Conference would tell them to let the kids play unless it is egregious or actually had an influence on the play.

:pullhair:

It's not just the MWC refs though, I have seen so many egregious and game changing calls this year from crews across the country.

I swear this is the worst officiated year I can recall.  

Blake Anderson mentioned in his coaches show this week that the refs did apologize to him after the CSU game about the last sequence and FG attempt. They admitted to blowing the clock situation, they were disorganized as a crew and didn't get to their spots on the field in a timely manner, then should have held the Rams from snapping the ball after making so many substitutions, and then after all that they missed a false start before the snap. There would have been a 10 second run off and there should not have been a kick attempt.

Thankfully for them, their follies were swept under the rug by the missed FG. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How good is an apology if the refs aren't held responsible for making bad calls that change the game? Until these refs are penalized financially then they can take their apology and shove it. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

3 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

How good is an apology if the refs aren't held responsible for making bad calls that change the game? Until these refs are penalized financially then they can take their apology and shove it. 

It's not like points were removed for a questionable PI, holding or whatever.  Points were removed based on getting procedural shit wrong, one costing us the game winning play against Okie State, and Boise has been the beneficiary of a few blown calls, too.  And that's just Boise.  Similar egregious shit is happening to other teams as noted in this thread in the MWC and across the country.  Then there is the complete lack of consistency in how things are called or not called from game to game and even play to play.  

They need to be arrested and charged with GRAND THEFT and FRAUD.

Grand theft for STEALING a beautiful touchdown from Boise State because of what happened on the play BEFORE the touchdown scoring play - even tho the next play had already been executed.   In fact the officials didn't even begin to blow their whistles until AFTER the Boise State receiver had already caught the pass at the five yard line and was only 2 strides from scoring.  That is FRAUD and not allowable according to the rules.  Once the ball has been snapped the previous play is DONE.

Not to mention their fraudulent call against Boise State's leading tackler (Skinner) for "targeting" when that was absolutely NOT targeting at all.  It was about the weakest excuse for a targeting call I think I've ever seen.

Just accept the FACT that MWC officiating has been bad for a very long time and is currently horrible. It doesn’t matter the game or team they suck and even with that said yeah they do seem to pick winners and losers. Now BSU complaining about calls going against them is rich. Is this a change over the past decade? Will BS U finally be on the receiving end of bad calls? They definitely have been sucking on the sweet end of the stick for the past decade. Maybe it is all part of a plan of retribution to position BS U to have difficulty justifying that extra $1.8 million at the next tv contract negotiations.

2 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

They need to be arrested and charged with GRAND THEFT and FRAUD.

Grand theft for STEALING a beautiful touchdown from Boise State because of what happened on the play BEFORE the touchdown scoring play - even tho the next play had already been executed.   In fact the officials didn't even begin to blow their whistles until AFTER the Boise State receiver had already caught the pass at the five yard line and was only 2 strides from scoring.  That is FRAUD and not allowable according to the rules.  Once the ball has been snapped the previous play is DONE.

Not to mention their fraudulent call against Boise State's leading tackler (Skinner) for "targeting" when that was absolutely NOT targeting at all.  It was about the weakest excuse for a targeting call I think I've ever seen.

Ok boomer

I think, therefore I'm.

9 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

In nearly all sports leagues, referees are evaluated by the league, and only the crews with the best evaluations are invited to referee playoffs/championships. So there is a bit of a financial bite if your evaluations are poor, because you normally get paid for each match that you officiate. That's less of a penalty in college football, though, because it worst you miss out on a CCG and a bowl game. It works better for leagues with huge playoffs like MLB and the NBA.

3 hours ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Very true. PAC refs are legendary for how awful they are and there's one particular crew in the SEC who's been involved in several controversial calls/games this season.

I'd be surprised if PAC refs can find their way to the stadium on their own. I saw Nate Longshore throw the ball 10 yards behind the LOS and the refs called it an incomplete pass.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif