Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

If you want to watch a MWC fixed game ...

On 10/31/2021 at 10:30 AM, ineptimusprime said:

Fun fact, this game was the closest game played between USU and Hawaii since USU joined the MW in 2013.

Three MW foes have never beaten USU in football since USU joined the conference. Can you name the other two without looking it up?

One of them is SJSU.  Hopefully we get over this year. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 10/31/2021 at 11:05 AM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

oh you guys had the crew with the female ref? yeah that crew is atrocious.

Worst crew I’ve ever seen in the MWC.  Incompetent 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

22 hours ago, Mano said:

I didn't watch the game, so have no opinion of the officiating quality.

That being said, I can't think of a reason for the MWC to try and fix a game for Utah State. For SDSU or Boise ( other years ) might have made sense. If you are accusing of a fix for gambling,  show some corroborating evidence, like unexpected money coming in late on the aggies,  big move in the line,  etc. If not, sounds like sour grapes.

The refs were definitely protecting SDSU @ SJSU.  It was obvious from the beginning when they called back the SJSU TD on a bogus face mask call on an O lineman.  Up to that point SDSU was undefeated and ranked. The MWC definitely protects the Top Dog. Watched it for years. Every league pretty much does that. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

14 hours ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii called for false start when it was obvious Utah St was line up off sides before the play. Then you see the ref tell the Utah St player, we saved you during that play. Then they hug.

Got to admit that Warbow has got something here. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

19 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

that's really bad lol.  Should absolutely have been offsetting, the hawaii RT definitely moves early but the USU player is lined up halfway across the LOS.

33 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Like I said, it wasn't all the bad calls against Hawaii that left a bad taste in my mouth, it was the timing of the bad calls that made it suspicious to me. Utah St. probably would have won this game straight up but the timing of the bad calls and how the refs were "chummy" with the Utah St players thru out the game put the spot light of them.

A referee hugging a player during the game is inexcusable. He just opened him self for favoritism for the whole game. Every call he makes from then on out will be looked at really hard. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

27 minutes ago, cosinama said:

Yep. USU is the MW’s top dog. Everyone knows that. 

Like I said, it's not good for the image of the MWC to have a divisional champion with 3 losses. Utah St has never been and never will be a top dog, I agree. Yes, everyone knows that. Bad year for the Mountain Division, they have to make someone look respectable for the MWC championship game.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

22 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Like I said, it's not good for the image of the MWC to have a divisional champion with 3 losses. Utah St has never been and never will be a top dog, I agree. Yes, everyone knows that. Bad year for the Mountain Division, they have to make someone look respectable for the MWC championship game.

You’re killin’ me Smalls!

I thought the worst call of the game was the "targeting" call on Cordeiro that got reversed and erased another 7 points off the board for USU. It was an absolute brutal tackle but the defender never lowered his helmet and ran through the tackle with his facemask directly in CC's chest. I think the refs just felt so bad at that point for him and UH that they reversed it.

No worries though, because Schager promptly threw an INT on the very next play. Ball don't lie as they say in hoops.

FYI for the game, Hawaii had 89 yards in penalties - USU had 80 yards in penalties. Some crazy favoritism going on right there.

16 hours ago, Warbow said:

I normally do. I always give credit to the winning team for being the better team after a loss. This game is a little different, I do not think the better team won in this case mainly to to poor officiating AND coaching. All you had was one weapon on offense in that receiver Thompkins I believe his name was. But you scored over 50 points. That tells you something right there. 

Yes, somehow the 15th ranked Offense in the country eeked out 51 points - even after calling off the dogs mid-way through the 3rd qtr. by putting in the backup QB. By doing so the Aggies went ahead and scored half of UH's points for them too. Peasley entered in the 3rd qtr. and went 2 plays for -16 yards and a fumble on his first drive which left UH a short field to score. Then followed that up by throwing a backward pass to absolutely no one on his second drive which Ford scooped and scored. 15 of your 31 points gifted by our backup QB.

2 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

The refs were definitely protecting SDSU @ SJSU.  It was obvious from the beginning when they called back the SJSU TD on a bogus face mask call on an O lineman.  Up to that point SDSU was undefeated and ranked. The MWC definitely protects the Top Dog. Watched it for years. Every league pretty much does that. 

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

I watched Oregon lose to Stanford this year, getting hosed on a couple of calls down the stretch, effectively eliminating the Pac's best chance at the CFP. There was no fix in, the refs just made some bad calls because they aren't very good.

I doubt there was a fix in against SJSU, although that at least would make some sense. I never hear a fanbase after a game saying they would have lost were it not for blown calls, only when the calls go against them. Actual fixing of games or refs on the take is exceedingly rare, and almost always exposed by shifting lines and unexplained action, as human avarice would not allow it to remain a secret or contained.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, Mano said:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

I watched Oregon lose to Stanford this year, getting hosed on a couple of calls down the stretch, effectively eliminating the Pac's best chance at the CFP. There was no fix in, the refs just made some bad calls because they aren't very good.

I doubt there was a fix in against SJSU, although that at least would make some sense. I never hear a fanbase after a game saying they would have lost were it not for blown calls, only when the calls go against them. Actual fixing of games or refs on the take is exceedingly rare, and almost always exposed by shifting lines and unexplained action, as human avarice would not allow it to remain a secret or contained.

Probably the Pac12’s problem they don’t get into the championship playoffs.  Lol. They should have protected Oregon a bit.

I’m not talking out right fixing. That would be super rare.  It’s always subtle. A call or two that could easily be ignored but are called to protect a favorite in a league that year.  Make sure they get into the big bowl game etc…Maybe I’m wrong but I think it happens in most leagues to try and protect that years cash cow a little bit.  Now if the cash cow just flat out sucks in a game, then that’s that. Can’t give them a call here or there to help them in that case. 

Watch the fourth quarter of SDSU @ SJSU.  There is a point when SJSU is driving and Nevins runs for a clear first down on third down. The refs spot the ball two yards back from the actual spot, making him a yard short of the first down. SJSU goes for it again on fourth down and gets a first down again, only for the refs to spot the ball short of the marker.  Aztecs ball after SJSU had the first down two times. 

Now that crew was the crew with the female ref, so maybe it was pure incompetence, but it sure looked like protecting the undefeated and Top 25 ranked Aztecs. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

5 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Yes, somehow the 15th ranked Offense in the country eeked out 51 points - even after calling off the dogs mid-way through the 3rd qtr. by putting in the backup QB. By doing so the Aggies went ahead and scored half of UH's points for them too. Peasley entered in the 3rd qtr. and went 2 plays for -16 yards and a fumble on his first drive which left UH a short field to score. Then followed that up by throwing a backward pass to absolutely no one on his second drive which Ford scooped and scored. 15 of your 31 points gifted by our backup QB.

Don't forget the refs were the ones that caused the HAW offense to run the ball for a net of 12 yards, that is hard to do.  HAW had been getting about 200 on the ground.  That was for sure on the refs.  How about the dropped balls by Mardner, that was on the refs because the Utah state player put his arm around the ref.  If Blake wanted to he could have kept Bonner in and the Aggies would have put up 60+ points.

The amount of screaming Blake Anderson directs at the officials during any given game has actually had a visible impact after blown calls. Dude has broken at least 3 headsets that I've seen. Human emotion is a variable, but it's not a variable that offsets a 30 point gap. Hawaii will be a good team again as soon as they stop with the COVID stuff. It has an effect on game prep and practice.