Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Boise State @ CSU game thread.

7 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

This is the first time in over 20 years where Boise State struggled to beat a bad team and none of their fans are upset about it. In fact, they're sorta pumped. 

I said this before the game, right now it’s all about how the team plays knowing they’re out of conference championship contention with a new coach. It sets up everything for next season.  

Just now, spc_ops said:

least talented O-line and D. I'd say we have some pretty good wide-outs and good running backs. I like the uptempo stuff that we did at the beggining of the year, but I hate the whole, let's look at the sideline stuff.

Our skill dudes on offense are studs when everybody is healthy.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Our skill dudes on offense are studs when everybody is healthy.

yep. So did Harsin leave the cupboard bare, or are players just having a hard time adjusting to the new systems?

1 minute ago, spc_ops said:

yep. So did Harsin leave the cupboard bare, or are players just having a hard time adjusting to the new systems?

IMO we had some major recruiting misses.  Transfer, guys leaving the team or not panning out.

But the major problem was lack of physical development under our antiquated strength and conditioning program.

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yup.

It was all guts.  This is our least talented roster in years.  I trust Andy to rectify that.  Not at all sold in Plough still though.  

I've been saying all along, the #1 problem is the offensive scheme. It needs to go at the end of the season, and by extension so does Plough. Even if we see improvement towards the end of the season, I don't see it being sustainably successful against the better defenses in the league, let alone against the big boys. If we don't win or break even with the turnover margin, we lose the game.

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

I've been saying all along, the #1 problem is the offensive scheme. It needs to go at the end of the season, and by extension so does Plough. Even if we see improvement towards the end of the season, I don't see it being sustainably successful against the better defenses in the league, let alone against the big boys. If we don't win the turnover margin, we lose the game.

Agreed.  When we ran the Pistol against BYU good thing happened.  

7 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

I've been saying all along, the #1 problem is the offensive scheme. It needs to go at the end of the season, and by extension so does Plough. Even if we see improvement towards the end of the season, I don't see it being sustainably successful against the better defenses in the league, let alone against the big boys. If we don't win or break even with the turnover margin, we lose the game.

Hank stays, for as long as he wants.  

11 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

We’ll beat either Fresno or SUDS, guaranteed.  

Hold your horses. We just struggled to beat a team whose best win is San Jose State. I think we have a good shot of beating one. I hope we put it all together, but guaranteed? Nothing is guaranteed with this team. Turn the ball over and we could get beat by New Mexico or Wyoming.

4 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Hold your horses. We just struggled to beat a team whose best win is San Jose State. I think we have a good shot of beating one. I hope we put it all together, but guaranteed? Nothing is guaranteed with this team. Turn the ball over and we could get beat by New Mexico or Wyoming.

Sure, but we just did something we haven’t done all season - come from behind (I believe that’s @Wyogunsspecialty).

I feel it, deep down in my loins - this team is turning a corner.  Backs against the wall, nothing to play for other than a Potato Bowl.  This is when we see the true character of AA’s coaching and the players playing.   Give me a big “bro hug,” and let’s chant - “we’re going to win out, we’re going to win out, we’re going to win out…”

31 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Bottom Line from my perspective tonight:

NO BOWL for CSU

But you’ll keep the Boot. 

:shots:

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

Sure, but we just did something we haven’t done all season - come from behind (I believe that’s @Wyogunsspecialty).

I feel it, deep down in my loins - this team is turning a corner.  Backs against the wall, nothing to play for other than a Potato Bowl.  This is when we see the true character of AA’s coaching and the players playing.   Give me a big “bro hug,” and let’s chant - “we’re going to win out, we’re going to win out, we’re going to win out…”

You didn't feel that way after the BYU game?

This team's longest winning streak all season is one game with a trip to Fresno on deck. They played mistake free football and struggled to beat the second worst team on the schedule so far by making them settle for 4 field goals in the red zone. I really hope they pull it off. I certainly wouldn't be surprised, but my optimism is a lot more tempered than yours. 

5 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

It also really helped that Colorado State is almost as bad of a second half team as we are.

23 minutes ago, Subcanis said:

But you’ll keep the Boot. 

:shots:

TRUE...and The USAFA & UNR will expose us just like boise cc did tonight.

50 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I said this before the game, right now it’s all about how the team plays knowing they’re out of conference championship contention with a new coach. It sets up everything for next season.  

Hardly out of contention. Highly unlikely USU wins out (even with cupcake skedge).

I mean, it’s unlikely Boise wins out too, but if they do they’ll likely be in the MWCCG.