Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USU78

Aloha Nui Week

Hawaii visits Logan, having lost five in a row, four in the MWC, to the Ags.

Sagarin thinks the Ags oughta win by 8, Vegas by 5.5 at present, and I think by 2.

In any case you should expect a one possession game decided deep in the 4th quarter.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

31 minutes ago, USU78 said:

Hawaii visits Logan, having lost five in a row, four in the MWC, to the Ags.

Sagarin thinks the Ags oughta win by 8, Vegas by 5.5 at present, and I think by 2.

In any case you should expect a one possession game decided deep in the 4th quarter.

Aggies win easily. Hawaii sucks on the mainland. 

My granddad spent three years on Maui and the Big Island right after WWI. Every once in a while he'd be sitting there in his chair with his eyes closed and say, "Havai'i Nei."

We thought he was thinking about how beautiful the islands were.

Found out a couple of years ago he was thinking about a girl.

Aloha Nui.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

1 hour ago, USU78 said:

My granddad spent three years on Maui and the Big Island right after WWI. Every once in a while he'd be sitting there in his chair with his eyes closed and say, "Havai'i Nei."

Aloha Nui.

My uncle is a USU grad (lives in Bountiful now) and I root for the Aggies except when UH is playing them.  Hope we can make it a game.

48 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

My uncle is a USU grad (lives in Bountiful now) and I root for the Aggies except when UH is playing them.  Hope we can make it a game.

No chance it won't be a game. Our guys can beat a lot of people, most everybody really. They could also drop one to nearly anyone with a pulse. Your kids definitely have a pulse.

9 hours ago, kalua pig said:

we are banged up. too many guys out.

That time of year. 🤪

We're down a coupla offensive linemen, best running back, starting safety, coupla defensive linemen. Some hurt more than others. Our starting center, running back and safety are the ones that really hurt.

Who've you lost that are a real problem?

On 10/28/2021 at 3:40 AM, USU78 said:

That time of year. 🤪

We're down a coupla offensive linemen, best running back, starting safety, coupla defensive linemen. Some hurt more than others. Our starting center, running back and safety are the ones that really hurt.

Who've you lost that are a real problem?

Shoots! I thought you were talking about our Hawaii team, but then I noticed you didn't include the starting Quarterback. 

On 10/27/2021 at 1:48 PM, USU78 said:

Aloha Nui.

Must have been an unforgettable experience!

4 hours ago, madeinhawaii said:

Shoots! I thought you were talking about our Hawaii team, but then I noticed you didn't include the starting Quarterback. 

Our starting QB is too jolly to run the ball, yet our man in the booth keeps calling plays where he has to. Consequently he keeps getting the crap kicked out of him such that he can't negotiate the pocket on pass plays.

4 hours ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Must have been an unforgettable experience!

He never did. His journal is quite the read. Oldtimey kahunas causing all kinds of people all kinds of grief. Farm boys from Cache Valley encountering the Hula Nui for the first time. Losing their cookies after eating at the Japanese joint in Lahaina, and going back for more every week, with the same result.

35 minutes ago, USU78 said:

He never did. His journal is quite the read. Oldtimey kahunas causing all kinds of people all kinds of grief. Farm boys from Cache Valley encountering the Hula Nui for the first time. Losing their cookies after eating at the Japanese joint in Lahaina, and going back for more every week, with the same result.

Interesting.  My dad and grandparents on his side were in Lahaina.  They lived in the foothills of West Maui mountains.  A sugar plantation village called Maruyama (circle mountain).  My grandpa was one of the (or was the) village spokesman. This was all prior to 1950’s.  

When I asked my oldest cousin (in his 70’s - I’m not 40 yet) what he thought about “old Hawaii” he said it was watching his dad fishing with the Native Hawaiians, which they had a village near the ocean.  We were Japanese.  

Interesting dynamic. 

Oddsshark has Hawaii beating us by 10, but to be fair they've had us losing every game this year (including to North Dakota), so.... their predictions on us suck, whereas a few years ago they had us beating LSU - KOOOKOO 

1 hour ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Interesting.  My dad and grandparents on his side were in Lahaina.  They lived in the foothills of West Maui mountains.  A sugar plantation village called Maruyama (circle mountain).  My grandpa was one of the (or was the) village spokesman. This was all prior to 1950’s.  

When I asked my oldest cousin (in his 70’s - I’m not 40 yet) what he thought about “old Hawaii” he said it was watching his dad fishing with the Native Hawaiians, which they had a village near the ocean.  We were Japanese.  

Interesting dynamic. 

Sounds fun actually. Can you imagine the early '20s?

Looks like Hawaii is mostly healthy again for the first time since @NMSU. Starting QB Cordeiro likely back as well as 1A RB DaeDae.

The issue this season has been offensive playcalling by a very green OC (Bo Graham). We will see if he repeats the style of the last game (run game heavy, play action quick passing routes) which worked well or if he retreats to the go route heavy Offense he has done in a couple games this year.