Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Coaching Carousel

I was watching something last night that said LSU was the #1 coaching job in the country and I started laughing because if it was people would be slamming down their door to be their coach and they aren't. I think LSU is getting desperate

Just now, wolfpack1 said:

I was watching something last night that said LSU was the #1 coaching job in the country and I started laughing because if it was people would be slamming down their door to be their coach and they aren't. I think LSU is getting desperate

It's a better job than people think. The infrastructure and talent pool is enough to give even the most dull coach a team of the century every 5 or 10 years and make a natty run.

The Athletic is reporting that Kelly turned down LSU earlier.  But they are trying again after the Riley deal (and after getting Jimbo Fisher failed).  Article is also suggesting Kelly is using LSU to squeeze some facility dollars out of ND.  LSU is running out of home run hires. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

It's a better job than people think. The infrastructure and talent pool is enough to give even the most dull coach a team of the century every 5 or 10 years and make a natty run.

People see how they treat their coaches though and that turns a lot of people off and I don't think its the #1 job in the country

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

I think that is a terrible way to view it.  An AD should not worry about how it looks, they should find the right coach for their culture and someone who has a good vision for their team.  Washington will never compete with USC on the flashy side.

SC hiring Riley upps the ante for everyone else in the P12 to win and specifically increases the pressure on the UW AD to make a fantastic hire. When my ass is already on the hot seat, like it is for Cohn… with what happened with Lake, and Hopkins on the bball side of things… you bet that I want to make the donors and fan base happy.

Agree completely that UW isn’t one of the blue bloods like SC and can’t compete with them, but their fans don’t have that mindset.. they’re still thinking they’re still within reach of the glory years of the early 90’s.

54 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

LSU is definitely up there. Louisiana is a great recruiting state and LSU doesn't have a real in-state rival to compete with for those guys. Their ongoing Title IX issues are probably what's holding things up.

0mK6pGK.png

4 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

LSU is definitely up there. Louisiana is a great recruiting state and LSU doesn't have a real in-state rival to compete with for those guys. Their ongoing Title IX issues are probably what's holding things up.

They play in the premier conference, they can easily recruit Texas and other kids from the South.  A lot of advantages to LSU.  

1 hour ago, RSF said:

The Athletic is reporting that Kelly turned down LSU earlier.  But they are trying again after the Riley deal (and after getting Jimbo Fisher failed).  Article is also suggesting Kelly is using LSU to squeeze some facility dollars out of ND.  LSU is running out of home run hires. 

IF Kelly goes, I would think ND would pursue Fickell hard.

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

People see how they treat their coaches though and that turns a lot of people off and I don't think its the #1 job in the country

Not the #1 job, but their last three coaches all won a natty there. Can’t think of any other school where that’s true.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.