Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Coaching Carousel

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

How long have you been following college football? From 2012-2018, Cutcliffe took a school which had been to just 3 bowl games in 50 years under other coaches to 6 of them.

Yeah, I was really shocked that Duke would push him out the door. Has Duke's current admin forgotten that Duke was probably the worst football program in the country before Cutcliffe got there? I think this may be one of those cases where it truly was a mutual agreement. Cutcliffe is old and I had read that he was thinking about retirement. Duke may have agreed to pay him a reduced buyout to let him retire early.

1 minute ago, StanfordAggie said:

Yeah, I was really shocked that Duke would push him out the door. Has Duke's current admin forgotten that Duke was probably the worst football program in the country before Cutcliffe got there? I think this may be one of those cases where it truly was a mutual agreement. Cutcliffe is old and I had read that he was thinking about retirement. Duke may have agreed to pay him a reduced buyout to let him retire early.

He has only had five winning seasons since he has been at Duke finished higher than fourth only twice I mean he wasn't exactly a world beater there but they do say it was mutually agreed to

6 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

^^^ did Arizona regular finally make a change?  If so, I missed it.  Our buddy greg needs some real help in Tucson. 

This was Jedd Fisch's first year. We are in the hunt for a new DC though.

People, not a fan.

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think my co-worker's son raced there once when he was thinking of becoming a racer, they had a little thing special event there for some up and comers

Back in the day they held an annual big street stock / modified race. Guys from all over the southwest and midwest would show up.

People, not a fan.

2 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Even after recovering from surgery, I would think that Tedford would want to live out his days at Fresno State and retire as a legend than go through the stress of being at a PAC12 school where he had a position for less than a year.

I just don’t see Jeff coming back as an assistant…especially to his former subordinate. These guys have egos. 

Just now, azgreg said:

Back in the day they held an annual big street stock / modified race. Guys from all over the southwest and midwest would show up.

I remember when he told me when his son finished like 7th in three races he was like I don't think I am ready for this

Just now, JohnJayJay said:

I just don’t see Jeff coming back as an assistant…especially to his former subordinate. These guys have egos. 

I could especially if he feels his health isn't up to head coaching. I mean as a coordinator you help with recruiting a bit but you really just worry about your little world and not everything else which can take a lot of pressure off. And some people actually after being a coordinator then coach, will pick coordinator if they get offered a job again