Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Coaching Carousel

3 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

have we entered a new age where college coaches are hired without the previous coach being let go yet? A sleazy profession gets even more so.

Manny kind of screwed over Temple when he left before coaching a single game, so this seems more like karma biting him in the ass.

0mK6pGK.png

On 12/3/2021 at 10:48 PM, SAMO said:

hes going to miami...lol

miami just hired the clemson ad radakovich too...lol

its like the 80s all over again...lol

damn...almost like i got sauces or something...lol

SAMO©...4 the so called avant garde...lol

17 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Sounds like the interviewed for the HC job, making this announcement after Tedford has been reported as the HC again.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I didn't expect Harsin to last long at Auburn, but I assumed he'd get fired after a few years of mediocrity. Already plotting an exit strategy after one season isn't a good look for him.

Sooner or later, it will dawn on everyone that he's not a particularly great head coach, he just had one magical season with Pete's players. I wish our athletic department had realized that years ago instead of giving him the same ridiculous style of contract they gave Rice.

0mK6pGK.png

1 hour ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I’m so stoked Miami gets to play the villain role in CFB again. 

Honestly, as annoying as Miami and USC can be. I'd much rather see them at the top than Alabama, Georgia, or any other SEC school. 

The Miami glory years were before my time though. 

Just now, bigd said:

Honestly, as annoying as Miami and USC can be. I'd much rather see them at the top than Alabama, Georgia, or any other SEC school. 

The Miami glory years were before my time though. 

A strong Miami and USC would go a long way towards balancing the landscape in CFB again.

5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Funny how they tell you how much they love you while they are walking out the door. 

One time I’d like to just hear them say, “I got a better job. Thanks. Bye.”

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not just Grubb is announced to UW today.

DeBoer also now has Courtney Morgan coming from Michigan as Director of Player Personnel for UW.

Morgan was Fresno State's Director of Player Personnel in 2020 and San Jose's in 2019. He also had a stint at UCLA.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/12/06/michigan-football-loses-recruiting-head-courtney-morgan-washington/6410882001/

55 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

A strong Miami and USC would go a long way towards balancing the landscape in CFB again.

those tradition rich urban private schools are the ultimate counterweight to the sec hillbillies...lol

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

Not just Grubb is announced to UW today.

DeBoer also now has Courtney Morgan coming from Michigan as Director of Player Personnel for UW.

Morgan was Fresno State's Director of Player Personnel in 2020 and San Jose's in 2019. He also had a stint at UCLA.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/12/06/michigan-football-loses-recruiting-head-courtney-morgan-washington/6410882001/

We've gone through so many Player Personnel people the last few years it's crazy. Morgan's replacement lasted less than a year before he went to ASU. Hopefully the current guy stays on a bit longer, we need some continuity there.

2 hours ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

I didn't expect Harsin to last long at Auburn, but I assumed he'd get fired after a few years of mediocrity. Already plotting an exit strategy after one season isn't a good look for him.

Sooner or later, it will dawn on everyone that he's not a particularly great head coach, he just had one magical season with Pete's players. I wish our athletic department had realized that years ago instead of giving him the same ridiculous style of contract they gave Rice.

I don't think 12-2 is exactly a magical season. Just got some lucky breaks to get to the access bowl and drew a weak opponent.