Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Coaching Carousel

32 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

With the Sooners set to join the SEC in the future, there’s really no reason for Riley to consider a move to the Tigers. Fortunately for Oklahoma fans, there’s no validity to these rumors at this time.

https://thespun.com/big-12/oklahoma-sooners/college-football-world-reacts-to-the-lincoln-riley-rumors

That's much different than what was said during the LSU-A&M game. Rather, it was straight out said that Riley doesn't just want to challenge for NCs, he wants to win them and he's been dissatisfied with the paucity of local kids to recruit in Oklahoma. LSU is not only near a major city, N.O., it's situated between east Texas and Florida. Since nobody within 1,000 miles has the football history and recruiting ability that exists at USC, if what was said yesterday is accurate, I'd guess the move there is as much about that as it is about money. (And who the hell would want live in Norman anyway?)

58 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

USC   offered him an  UnGodly amount of money.

fify

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

59 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Just yesterday he denied he signed a deal with LSU to

He wasn't lying or using Coach Speak.

:shrug:

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

With the Sooners set to join the SEC in the future, there’s really no reason for Riley to consider a move to the Tigers. Fortunately for Oklahoma fans, there’s no validity to these rumors at this time.

https://thespun.com/big-12/oklahoma-sooners/college-football-world-reacts-to-the-lincoln-riley-rumors

That's much different than what was said during the LSU-A&M game. Rather, it was straight out said that Riley doesn't just want to challenge for NCs, he wants to win them and he's been dissatisfied with the paucity of local kids to recruit in Oklahoma. LSU is not only near a major city, N.O., it's situated between east Texas and Florida. Since nobody within 1,000 miles has the football history and recruiting ability that exists at USC, if what was said yesterday is accurate, I'd guess the move there is as much about that as it is about money. (And who the hell would want live in Norman anyway?)

Dominate the West Coast in recruiting with Cristobal then compete in the Midlands/South with Saban, Kirby, Jimbo etc.. 

Related image

47 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Damn USC got Riley? Hell yea!

Will this make SC relevant again ?

NO.

Americans Mayor

18 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

man, I thought he had died years ago...I guess Duke thought the same and someone realized.

How long have you been following college football? From 2012-2018, Cutcliffe took a school which had been to just 3 bowl games in 50 years under other coaches to 6 of them.

LSU will go for a surprise pick.  Taking the page outa Arkansas' playbook.  Who?  This person is not known yet.  Neither is USC. There is perhaps potential fear for swiping or hiring 'storied' types and hoping for immediate success and change,

EXHIBIT A:  Texas with Sarky.  Texas' worst year since 1956.  Not even bowl eligible. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

5 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

How long have you been following college football? From 2012-2018, Cutcliffe took a school which had been to just 3 bowl games in 50 years under other coaches to 6 of them.

we're just simple folk here in Memphis...we don't hear much about the national power that is Duke football out this way.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Not sure if serious but suspect you could be.

yes, I knew he was at Duke (we played them in 2013) but I thought I read that he had died last year...must have been someone else.

I mean, a lotta folks kicked the bucket in the last 18 months or so.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Who knows.  Maybe LSU fetches up Tom Herman enjoying his cool several, several million payoff early exit outa Austin.  That certain H-town takeover worked well for Herman.  It didn't parlay well enough in Austin despite his winning record.  Houston and south Louisiana have more in common than say Austin or Waco.  Tom Herman can do SEC. 

41 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Who wants to live in Lubbock?

Lincoln Riley took USC.  Taking a page outta rehab Lane Kiffen world.  This is interesting, sorta re USC trying to find its way.  Again.  Lincoln Riley is probably more like Scott Frost than Kiffy.  Off to the hinterlands.

15 minutes ago, ThePhantom88 said:

https://twitter.com/RJRobbinsDahlin/status/1465085185351831555?s=20

Looks like DeBoer/Tedford package deal to UW, which would be pretty devastating for FS....

Even after recovering from surgery, I would think that Tedford would want to live out his days at Fresno State and retire as a legend than go through the stress of being at a PAC12 school where he had a position for less than a year.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg