Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Coaching Carousel

I'm surprised by Kalani Sitake.

I have heard nothing from Utah Soorts Talk that would indicate he is looking.

One would think a step up to the New12 would be a big enough challenge and ego boost.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

One would think a step up to the New12 would be a big enough challenge and ego boost.

Back in 2019 read a few things that he was possibly looking elsewhere with regards to BYU, so that has been out there for a bit with him. BYU Athletic Department and him haven't exactly seen eye to eye on a few things as he has been coach but he has been winning so that makes it easier to look away. But this is also the thing though by the time BYU arrives in the Big 12 who knows where if he takes Washington it would be a move up now but also he would have some handcuffs taken off as well if he moved onto Washington. 

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

This. DeBoer's a damn good coach.

Of course, THE FSU located in the heart of Devin Nunes country is capable of luring Nick Sabin . . .

Is it the silly number of penalties, the horrid special teams errors, or Haener’s inconsitent decision making that makes you feel like DeBoer is ‘damn good’?  Its the consistency of all of the above throughout the last half of the season, isnt it?

imho, there are some truly bad coaches under DeBoer.  He hired and keeps them.  If he were ‘damn good’ wouldnt at least some of them be corrected?  The team only did halfway decent because its an incredibly talented bunch. 

if he lets his OC, OL, and ST coaches go after the season, then he is redeemable.  Otherwise, good riddance. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

5 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Sean O’Connell, a sports talk pundit based out of Salt Lake, just said on Cofield & Co. in Vegas that he thinks Sitake is going to UW and if/when they offer he’s gone.

Also said that if Utah wins the P12 he thinks Whittingham will want to end his tenure on a high note with a title and a Rose Bowl and ride off into retirement, so there could potentially be another opening in the P12.

21 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

Sean O’Connell, a sports talk pundit based out of Salt Lake, just said on Cofield & Co. in Vegas that he thinks Sitake is going to UW and if/when they offer he’s gone.

Also said that if Utah wins the P12 he thinks Whittingham will want to end his tenure on a high note with a title and a Rose Bowl and ride off into retirement, so there could potentially be another opening in the P12.

I think Utah has a coach in waiting though

At some point, the less financially endowed are going to find their FB programs are underwater due to buyouts and facilities expansion.

Then what ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor