Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Coaching Carousel

It's being reported that TT has fired Matt Wells.

As of now these are the open FBS coaching jobs:

-USC

-LSU

-Washington State

-Texas Tech

-Georgia Southern

-UConn

Off this list the most likely destination for any MWC coaches getting snagged are Texas Tech, USC and Washington State. I'm expecting Norvell for sure to be gone and DeBoer and Hoke potentially to be snagged, Longshot snag would be Brennan.

1 hour ago, utgrizfan said:

-USC

-LSU

-Washington State

-Texas Tech

-Georgia Southern

-UConn

Off this list the most likely destination for any MWC coaches getting snagged are Texas Tech, USC and Washington State. I'm expecting Norvell for sure to be gone and DeBoer and Hoke potentially to be snagged, Longshot snag would be Brennan.

Only way I see that happening is if he gets the Spartans to another bowl and they win it.

1 hour ago, utgrizfan said:

-USC

-LSU

-Washington State

-Texas Tech

-Georgia Southern

-UConn

Not a chance USC gets filled by a MW coach.  I think P5 programs should be very hesitant to hire Norvell as well.  

Rigjt now, there doesn't seem to be a good MW HC that is ready to make the jump to a P5 program.

My guess is LSU goes after Dave Aranda of Baylor first.  Tech will go hard after Sonny Dykes of SMU.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

My guess is LSU goes after Dave Aranda of Baylor first.  Tech will go hard after Sonny Dykes of SMU.

I agree on Dykes.  Could definitely see Aranda for LSU.  I could see LSU go after some bigger names first, not sure if they will get them.  Would they be willing to elevate Joe Brady to HC to bring back some of the national title magic?  It would be a big jump for him.  

3 hours ago, utgrizfan said:

Hoke already left SDSU once and as a result earned many millions from Michigan so his family is financially set forever. Also, Brady's wife loved SD and never wanted to leave in the first place. Those are the main reasons Hoke agreed to return to the SDSU staff to be nothing more than the defensive line coach for Rocky Long during which he earned a measly couple hundred grand a year. (Well, measly in SD, maybe not Montana.) So Hoke won't be leaving SDSU again unless he retires (he's already paid into CalPERS long enough that he has a vested pension) or is fired.

3 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Hoke already left SDSU once and as a result earned many millions from Michigan so his family is financially set forever. Also, Brady's wife loved SD and never wanted to leave in the first place. Those are the main reasons Hoke agreed to return to the SDSU staff to be nothing more than the defensive line coach for Rocky Long during which he earned a measly couple hundred grand a year. (Well, measly in SD, maybe not Montana.) So Hoke won't be leaving SDSU again unless he retires (he's already paid into CalPERS long enough that he has a vested pension) or is fired.

Makes alot of sense when put that way, thanks for the info!

2 hours ago, RSF said:

LSU is going after Kiffin and Mel Tucker. Aranda can coach, but they need more of a sure thing. The guy from ULL is going to be big time. I think he slides to One Miss if Kiffin leaves.

2 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I agree on Dykes.  Could definitely see Aranda for LSU.  I could see LSU go after some bigger names first, not sure if they will get them.  Would they be willing to elevate Joe Brady to HC to bring back some of the national title magic?  It would be a big jump for him.  

Isn’t Brady in the NFL? I thought he left after the natty.

4 hours ago, utgrizfan said:

-USC

-LSU

-Washington State

-Texas Tech

-Georgia Southern

-UConn

Why is it that Norvell seems to be mentioned more than DeBoer?  Is it because he may be more of a bargain or is it your opinion that he is a better fit for one of those jobs due to scheme or....?

1 hour ago, Wolfhomie said:

Why is it that Norvell seems to be mentioned more than DeBoer?  Is it because he may be more of a bargain or is it your opinion that he is a better fit for one of those jobs due to scheme or....?

Scheme for me, he'd plug right into USC, WSUs and Techs offenses well with the personnel they have there already.

41 minutes ago, Billings said:

Man this thread never started until almost the end of the season.  Times are changing.

It's crazy.  I feel like if schools are going to make these decisions then students shouldn't have to pay any fees for athletics.  

I know that a lot of times boosters cover these buyouts but the sport is just insane now.  

30 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It's crazy.  I feel like if schools are going to make these decisions then students shouldn't have to pay any fees for athletics.  

I know that a lot of times boosters cover these buyouts but the sport is just insane now.  

Might as well call is semi-pro at this point if not full on professional ball

2 hours ago, rebelcuff said:

LSU is going after Kiffin and Mel Tucker. Aranda can coach, but they need more of a sure thing. The guy from ULL is going to be big time. I think he slides to One Miss if Kiffin leaves.

Idk if Kiffin is ready for 2 programs to throw trash at him 

Related image