Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HR_Poke

Taxing unrealized gains

I guess that most commenters on this idea were watching the yellow journalism of fox news or various other right wing media.  But they and Republicans are LYING about the actual proposal.   The proposal I have heard only impacts less than 100 billionaires who will have to mark to market and get taxed on unrealized gains.  However, lying Tim Scott says"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tim-scott-warns-dems-plan-to-tax-unrealized-gains-risks-wrecking-the-entire-us-system

"[E]very American who sells a house or sells a business that is a once in a lifetime transaction. To be double taxed on that is wrong," he said. 

So he is trying to lie to "grandma right wing" that the IRS is going to send a her tax bill every year on the appreciation in her house!  How is taxing unrealized gains double taxed?  They won't get taxed in the future when they are sold if they are taxed on the appreciation when it is held!  Shameless.  Timmy, one of the reasons you were so successful in the USA is that you are willing to lie and completely sell out for the right wing.  We don't need any folksy bullshit to see through what you are doing! 

Posted Image

20 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Well you guys should run on that in 2022....don't do popular things.  We are the party of:

• Anti-Vaxxers
  • White Supremacists
  • Billionaire Tax Repealers

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

37 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Debatable. I got audited over an hsa account, and won.

Seriously?  That’s stupid. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

37 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If taxes are going to be increased even if it’s only on the wealthy, that money should go toward balancing the budget or reducing debt, and not to new programs. But as we all know, that isn’t what will happen. For every new dollar government will collect they’ll spend two dollars for some new program we can’t do without. 

Like the farm bill. 

24 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Well you guys should run on that in 2022....don't do popular things.  We are the party of:

• Anti-Vaxxers
  • White Supremacists
  • Billionaire Tax Repealers

Unfortunately, they don't need to. They'll probably run on some culture war BS and throw in some complaints about gas prices, inflation, and government spending w/out mentioning anything substantial that should be cut. Hell, maybe they'll throw is a few references to something ridiculous like Dr. Seuss for giggles. The worst part is they'll crush the election all because it's a midterm. Their structural advantages within the election system will only make that worse too.

2 minutes ago, Maji said:

Unfortunately, they don't need to. They'll probably run on some culture war BS and throw in some complaints about gas prices, inflation, and government spending w/out mentioning anything substantial that should be cut. Hell, maybe they'll throw is a few references to something ridiculous like Dr. Seuss for giggles. The worst part is they'll crush the election all because it's a midterm. Their structural advantages within the election system will only make that worse too.

The main one being Democrats being in unified control of government and what we get is...

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

24 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Lmfao!  Eff their wives and suck there blood!

I truly hope he has that verse as a ringtone and has a minion call him whenever he’s around Zuckerberg.

8 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Repealing the Trump tax cuts would have been much more simple, and would be easier to message.

Most of it expires in 2025 anyway.  Well the personal tax part does.  I think the corporate was permanent.

12 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Repealing the Trump tax cuts would have been much more simple, and would be easier to message.

Why do you want to raise taxes on most Americans. That’s what you would do by repealing the Trump  tax cut. Most clients that I saw that has a tax increase were wealthy clients who lost deductions that hit eliminated. 

44 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Not when you’ve been hammering that you wouldn’t raise taxes on those making less than $400,000. 

bushsrthumb.jpg

4 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Why do we need to move away from taxing income?

I would prefer we tax consumption more and income less.  But the politics are hard on that

But the progressives are having fever dreams of taxing wealth, although not their own or their friends wealth, the other rich guys.  Kind of like don't go to mass gatherings, unless it's Obamas birthday, or a chance for AOC to go to a gala at the Met.  Keep kids home because of Covid, unless it's their kids, and on and on.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Not when you’ve been hammering that you wouldn’t raise taxes on those making less than $400,000. 

bushsrthumb.jpg

I just finished my 2020 taxes a couple weeks ago.  The Trump "tax cuts" phucked me.  But it does seem like taxes are a lot easier to do than they were before Ryan's tax reform passed, at least for me.