Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Coaches Poll today San Diego State up one to #20

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Indeed I did and among my reasons is that service academies are typically so disciplined they don't beat themselves and that was in evidence by the fact AFA had been averaging a paltry 0.5 turnovers per game. That wasn't so on Saturday as two AFA turnovers in their own territory led to 10 SDSU points.

Kudos to the Aztec defense for creating them of course.

You should have realized how many times we've been beating them recently, thanks to Rocky's 3-3-5 defense.  Calhoun has been there for awhile and leopards don't change their spots.  He's gotten better athletes this year so that's the main difference.

7 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I don’t see SUDS going undefeated.  

I totally agree.  Any team with a bona fide passing game will give them fits unless Greg Bell regains his form.

SDSU Alum

12 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

No Respect I tell you, ..........No Respect

Tie No Respect GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

#20 is where I would have ranked you last week after the SAN game.  #18 would have been the spot this week, but that's me.

Enjoy it while it lasts Fellow Aztec fans most likely this week ending Saturday night.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

12 hours ago, steveem said:

Enjoy it while it lasts Fellow Aztec fans most likely this week ending Saturday night.

If our defense scares the poop out of Haener and/or knocks the poop out of him, I think we will win. By something like 13-10.

Call me crazy but I also think that if we're behind by two TDs at the half as I think is quite possible and Hokelinski have the nads to put Haskill in and let him go straight RPO, we could also win because the kid is so athletic and Fresno won't have prepared for that. (It's much more likely, of course, that Hokelinski will put Haskell in with three minutes left and us down by three TDs.)

38 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

If our defense scares the poop out of Haener and/or knocks the poop out of him, I think we will win. By something like 13-10.

Call me crazy but I also think that if we're behind by two TDs at the half as I think is quite possible and Hokelinski have the nads to put Haskill in and let him go straight RPO, we could also win because the kid is so athletic and Fresno won't have prepared for that. (It's much more likely, of course, that Hokelinski will put Haskell in with three minutes left and us down by three TDs.)

So are you saying that Haskell is our best option and H&H are choosing not to play him? I would find that a bit puzzling. I'm more  concerned that Haskell hasn't clearly won the job given the limitations of Brookshire and Johnson.

We probably shouldn't even bother to show up given the unstoppable force of Fresno State University and our meek, weakling, hapless squad.

TRUE AZTEC FANS BE LIKE

Image of Jo, we're gonna lose, and we're gonna lose huge.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

I feel like all SDSU has ever had to do to be undefeated was avoid that awful OOC loss, now that they've done it, their biggest threat is going to be like UNLV.

They'll be up for Fresno (who will also be up for them) this weekend.

Absolutely correct- unfortunately. 

We always play up and down to the level of competition and always lose at least 1 we have no business losing.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:53 PM, NorCalCoug said:

BYU to MEDIOCRE PAC12…

375BB82E-FC4F-4D24-B3FD-E030C10DF171.gif

BYU vs Mediocre Boise Squad:

nba falling GIF by Philadelphia 76ers

On 10/24/2021 at 12:53 PM, NorCalCoug said:

FIFY

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/24/2021 at 12:13 PM, Coog kev said:

The sportswriters are now IN.   Aztecs up one.   BYU is #25. 

Here

Others receiving votes:

Arkansas 36, Louisiana-Lafayette 32, North Carolina State 28, Houston 12, Virginia 9, Oregon State 7, Arizona State 7, Texas 6, Appalachian State 5, Florida 3, Minnesota 1, UCLA 1

The fact that Texas and UCLA got votes surprised me. That's some mediocre football being played at both schools.

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Absolutely correct- unfortunately. 

We always play up and down to the level of competition and always lose at least 1 we have no business losing.

STFU

You're phucking with my positive mojo about this edition of the Oil Can !

:foottap:

Americans Mayor

Congrats Aztecs.  Still pissed that Brennan cramped up the last minute of regulation.  Sparty dominated you biatches in the second half. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 10/25/2021 at 12:30 PM, WAC_FAN said:

I feel like all SDSU has ever had to do to be undefeated was avoid that awful OOC loss, now that they've done it, their biggest threat is going to be like UNLV.

They'll be up for Fresno (who will also be up for them) this weekend.

They've done really well OOC lately; it's the MWC games that have been tripping them up.

See 2019: 
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/21/season/2019

5 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Congrats Aztecs.  Still pissed that Brennan cramped up the last minute of regulation.  Sparty dominated you biatches in the second half. 

It happens. Now please go beat up Nevada and Fresno State.

5 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

They've done really well OOC lately; it's the MWC games that have been tripping them up.

See 2019: 
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/21/season/2019

The Aztecs were a paper tiger that season. Their only wins against winning teams came against Why-O-Why-oming at 8-5 and Central Michigan at 8-6.

That was probably the lamest 10 win squad i have seen since the 96 Wyoming team.

Americans Mayor

Difference between this years team and teams prior is quality of depth (and ST Play which is absolutely OUTSTANDING)

Most here have no clue we started 4-5 replacements last week for their first time starting.

Looks like Rivers is out (hope so anyway) and we will handle the #2. Now "Mr. Haney" to the "Crapper" that is a challenge, as is the TE and supporting cast.

FresTuckie will come to play- this always reminds me of the "Rivalry" between the Giants (see Napoléon Complex) versus the Dodgers. Giant Fan is all cranked up about the team south-Dodger fan barely acknowledges the NoCal's existence...

Nevada is the real challenge.

Mr Haney.JPG

10 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

The Aztecs were a paper tiger that season. Their only wins against winning teams came against Why-O-Why-oming at 8-5 and Central Michigan at 8-6.

That was probably the lamest 10 win squad i have seen since the 96 Wyoming team.

And BYU. Great defense though. The team has been on a 3 year run of historically great defenses.

Here's 2017: https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/21/season/2017 

Same deal. 

Here's 2018:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/21/season/2018

One loss out of conference, 4 losses in conference.