Coog kev

The 9 Undefeeted Ones

A week ago we were at 11.  Coastal Carolina lost at Appy State.  Oklahoma State lost at Iowa State.  Let's run through the 9 remaining, in a certain order.  All of them are ranked.

• Michigan and Michigan State.  One of those goes next Saturday in East Lansing.  The other one goes when they both play down sked Ohio State and Penn State (8 OTs or not, oy).

• Cincinnati and SMU.  One of those goes on November 20 in Cincy.  Bye SMU.  Double bye bye for SMU in the CCG two weeks later, also in Cincinnati.  I do dig Pony success this year though.

• Wake Forest.  I thought the Deacons were just waiting to lose.  Perhaps not after yesterday's big battle at Army.  They have some tough ones remaining on the sked.  Pitt has a shot at it for the ACC CCG.  Prediction..not gonna make it.

• Oklahoma.  Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State remain for Boomer.  Prediction..probably not.  Boomer is too inconsistent.  They may lose 2 of those yet win the XII CCG. Who knows?  It's iconoclastic Boomer. 

• Georgia.  Runaway until the SEC CCG.  Runaway even then.  The cocktail party game is up next Saturday in Jacksonville and Florida will get booted into the Atlantic ocean.

• UTSA.  I really dig the roadrunners.  I am thrilled for them.  A perfect season through bowl match up is what I see.  UAB in SA remains of substance followed by the CCG win.

• San Diego State.  I have guarded optimism for Aztecs.  Notable Fresno, Nevada, and Boise remain (no offense Hawai'i, UNLV) and all three are in Carson if that matters to a degree.  I think it does.  Aztecs up for a perfect season through the LA Bowl.  The Mountain West CCG crown is a given. 

Come January college ball conclusion for 2021, I see both UTSA and San Diego State being perfect amongst all 9 remaining undefeeted ones.  Joined by either Georgia or Cincinnati. 

group thoughts.....??? chime in pls.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

A week ago we were at 11.  Coastal Carolina lost at Appy State.  Oklahoma State lost at Iowa State.  Let's run through the 9 remaining, in a certain order.  All of them are ranked.

• Michigan and Michigan State.  One of those goes next Saturday in East Lansing.  The other one goes when they both play down sked Ohio State and Penn State (8 OTs or not, oy).

• Cincinnati and SMU.  One of those goes on November 20 in Cincy.  Bye SMU.  Double bye bye for SMU in the CCG two weeks later, also in Cincinnati.  I do dig Pony success this year though.

• Wake Forest.  I thought the Deacons were just waiting to lose.  Perhaps not after yesterday's big battle at Army.  They have some tough ones remaining on the sked.  Pitt has a shot at it for the ACC CCG.  Prediction..not gonna make it.

• Oklahoma.  Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State remain for Boomer.  Prediction..probably not.  Boomer is too inconsistent.  They may lose 2 of those yet win the XII CCG. Who knows?  It's iconoclastic Boomer. 

• Georgia.  Runaway until the SEC CCG.  Runaway even then.  The cocktail party game is up next Saturday in Jacksonville and Florida will get booted into the Atlantic ocean.

• UTSA.  I really dig the roadrunners.  I am thrilled for them.  A perfect season through bowl match up is what I see.  UAB in SA remains of substance followed by the CCG win.

• San Diego State.  I have guarded optimism for Aztecs.  Notable Fresno, Nevada, and Boise remain (no offense Hawai'i, UNLV) and all three are in Carson if that matters to a degree.  I think it does.  Aztecs up for a perfect season through the LA Bowl.  The Mountain West CCG crown is a given. 

Come January college ball conclusion for 2021, I see both UTSA and San Diego State being perfect amongst all 9 remaining undefeeted ones.  Joined by either Georgia or Cincinnati. 

group thoughts.....??? chime in pls.

SMU has avoided any good teams (no one at .500 or above), but now hit the meat of their schedule.  Wake still has Tobacco Road to go through, and SDSU still has Fresno, Nevada and Boise.  UGA has already played their tough games, same with UTSA.  Cincy also has no speed bumps left, as SMU is a paper tiger, and the AAC doesn't have the depth it usually does.  Oklahoma is always good for a loss in unexpected fashion.  You already noted the Michigan schools foibles, but would love to see Michigan finally take out OSU, just for their mental health state, and to stamp Cincy as the clear best CFB program in Ohio this year.

1 hour ago, Coog kev said:

A week ago we were at 11. 

All Aztec games last year and this are Roadies. We are the Ultimate Road Warriors.

Would love to see the Aztecs match up against Coastal or UTSA in a Bowl. We already know they can whip up on the middle and bottom of the PAC.

Oklahoma has been playing w fire for most of the season. Have to believe Sooner or later it’s going to bite them in the butt.

Would love to see the Harbaughs somehow get past MSU and then get the Buckeyes off their backs. 

As for my beloved Aztecs, there’s only so much our D and P/k can do. At some point, our limitations on offense, if not resolved, will lead to the demise of our undefeated season. 

UTSA should get BYU in Shreveport for that bowl to which BYU is committed.  That will be a hoot.  SMU is no paper tiger.  They will steamroll Coogs next Saturday night in Houston.  IF per chance we manage to contain Pony, Coogs will lose a turd one down sked and get blasted by Cincinnati for the CCG by like 50 - 10.  And yes I know Aztecs 'home' games are 90 miles away while the new stadium is being built.  Good news re that.  The 2022 season opener, Stadium Debut, is Arizona (poor greg).  Bad news re temporary Carson...only about 10k show up.  For Now. 

Wake Forest is waiting to lose! I like cinderella stories, I do.  But this Year that's all about UTSA. 

• Haha 1

I am rooting for an undefeated season, but unless we get a more dynamic passing game I think it is unlikely.  I love our D and ST, but if we get behind in a game and have to throw it to come back that is an iffy proposition at best.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
21 hours ago, Coog kev said:

UTSA should get BYU in Shreveport for that bowl to which BYU is committed.  That will be a hoot.  SMU is no paper tiger.  They will steamroll Coogs next Saturday night in Houston.  IF per chance we manage to contain Pony, Coogs will lose a turd one down sked and get blasted by Cincinnati for the CCG by like 50 - 10.  And yes I know Aztecs 'home' games are 90 miles away while the new stadium is being built.  Good news re that.  The 2022 season opener, Stadium Debut, is Arizona (poor greg).  Bad news re temporary Carson...only about 10k show up.  For Now. 

Wake Forest is waiting to lose! I like cinderella stories, I do.  But this Year that's all about UTSA. 

Good stuff.

The Aztecs will roll through the rest of their schedule and play Cinci in the NY6 !

:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

As someone born and raised in Ohio, I follow both the Aztecs and the Buckeyes.  however, I would like to see the Bearcats break the glass ceiling and stomp a P5 team.