Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada at Fresno State

6 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Stop. He had Nevada competing shortly after hot dog guy. Nevada is a good team and Norvell is a good coach. Just came up a bit short to a Fresno team that is also good. 

Ok

Hey guys, I was doing dad shit and only got to see the second quarter.  I followed on that maddening ESPN game cast feature in the second half.

can somebody please recap the 4th quarter for me?  How did the dogs cough up the lead late?  I assume it was  turnovers?  And what was the two point conversion play?

8 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Hey guys, I was doing dad shit and only got to see the second quarter.  I followed on that maddening ESPN game cast feature in the second half.

can somebody please recap the 4th quarter for me?  How did the dogs cough up the lead late?  I assume it was  turnovers?  And what was the two point conversion play?

Prevent defense and inability to cover turner in the seam, plus a sketchy first down from nevada on the final drive (dude's entire body was OOB).

I knew we were turtling as soon as we got the lead.

5 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Prevent defense and inability to cover turner in the seam, plus a sketchy first down from nevada on the final drive (dude's entire body was OOB).

What was the rivers injury?

22 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Except this team can't even turtle correctly. Why were they hiking the ball with 15+ seconds still left on the clock each snap? Very frustrating. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

33 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

High ankle sprain, he'll be back in a few weeks.  

Expect the most important (ie losable games) are the next two weeks @SDSU and vs BSU. Oh Well. Knock on wood but Fresno has been pretty lucky with injuries this year. 

1 hour ago, Super six said:

Never get conservative at the end of the game.Go for a first down to end it

I do agree but it in this case it actually worked out for Fresno lol. I mean if there was even 5 seconds left at the end of the game (before last kick) Nevada then gets to kick a fg at the end to try to win the game. If we go for it on 4th and don't make it then Nevada probably has 22 seconds left when they kick the onside kick (could be off but by my estimation it took Nevada about 20 seconds of clock to get to the yardage line of the potential 4th down pay).