Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClevelandBrown

DUNE

11 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I thought the series got weird a couple books in.  It was OK, just not great.

Yea. I highly recommend Dune but the later books went off the rails for me. Children of dune lost my interest and I didn’t finish it.

16 minutes ago, Billings said:

Yea. I highly recommend Dune but the later books went off the rails for me. Children of dune lost my interest and I didn’t finish it.

Ah you didn't get into the weird battle with the female warriors, clones and AI robots...  it gets even more off the rails with the latest books.

22 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

so paul bangs a sandworm...?

which, uh, which book?  which page?

sorry to disappoint, it's like some sort of a-sexual BS...  I wanted real filth too!  Damn sci-fi prudes...

On 10/24/2021 at 4:34 AM, NorCalCoug said:

I thought the series got weird a couple books in.  It was OK, just not great.

Book 2, paul gauges his own eyes out and walks as shaman from desert siech to siech. 

Book 4, Paul's son becomes one with the worm

Book 5 and On, ...the future of humankind is Duncan Idaho...

It's so weird I can't believe they're actually making more of these.

Finished it finally. I liked it, thought it was well done.  I liked that they cut the spacing guild and most of the politics from the beginning, and mentioned them as Paul figured everything out.  Made the movie flow better.  Also enjoyed the vision cut scenes in place of some of the internal dialog the 80s version did.

11 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

They will start filming in about a year, so a couple years out minimum I would guess. 

This is the date they have now, but I'm sure it will change as they start filming.

October 20, 2023

My wife and I watched it earlier this afternoon and we loved it. My wife enjoyed it a lot more than she thought she would and now wants to tackle the books. We have Dolby Atmos. in our living room and I damn near had an eargasm with the sound design in this film. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg