Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USU78

Rams @ Ags

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

The refs did not determine the outcome of this game, however for any USU fan to complain about the officiating is ridiculous.  They were certainly the beneficiary of the majority of terrible calls.  You won, try to do it with some class.

Pointing out that the clock should have started and it seemed like they waited to long to roll the clock is losing with class?  That was in response to someone else bringing up the issue.  That makes sense, I guess.  

Kudos to Coloradoan beat writer Kevin Lyle for telling it like it is. It will be interesting to see if CSU gives him the cold shoulder like they have in the past to others who have been tough on the program.

9 hours ago, Ram1554 said:

I hope USU takes care of business. Not the most talented team but there’s a ton of toughness. Rooting for you guys. 

Lammies now my 2nd favorite team. What effort! I wanna be like your kids when I grow up.

Lotta mistakes, sure, but all effort mistakes.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

2 minutes ago, WasatchAggie said:

With apologies in advance to the Rams but that last play set to Yakety Sax is funny.

<figure class="op-interactive"><iframe id="reddit-embed" src="https://www.redditmedia.com/r/CSURams/comments/qe4iqx/csus_final_sequence_set_to_yakety_sax/?ref_source=embed&amp;ref=share&amp;embed=true&amp;showmedia=false" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-same-origin allow-popups" style="border: none;" height="128" width="640" scrolling="no"></iframe></figure>

https://www.redditmedia.com/r/CSURams/comments/qe4iqx/csus_final_sequence_set_to_yakety_sax/

Your link seems to be broken, so I fixed it for you.

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Kudos to Coloradoan beat writer Kevin Lyle for telling it like it is. It will be interesting to see if CSU gives him the cold shoulder like they have in the past to others who have been tough on the program.

Is it too early to say I have checked out on Addazio.  Small time season ticket buyer and supporter but I have moved on.

1 hour ago, NevadaAllStar said:

What a clown. First he yells at his lineman of all people right after it happens and then he blames his players after the game? This debacle falls squarely on him and his coaches. 

Bingo. Dude's another Steve Fairchild. Not ever the worst coach in his conference but never close to the best either yet CSU is paying him as much as anybody in the MW not named Troy Calhoun.

And nothing like halfway accepting blame but still throwing his kicker under the bus by saying everyone was set so the FG should have been good when that wasn't the case.

13 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Bingo. Dude's another Steve Fairchild. Not ever the worst coach in his conference but never close to the best either yet CSU is paying him as much as anybody in the MW not named Troy Calhoun.

And nothing like halfway accepting blame but still throwing his kicker under the bus by saying everyone was set so the FG should have been good when that wasn't the case.

1 hour ago, Castle Ram said:

Is it too early to say I have checked out on Addazio.  Small time season ticket buyer and supporter but I have moved on.

Addazio is an old school football coach. Run the ball and play tough defense. He reminds me of Rocky Long and Pat Hill. Not sure you’ll ever win big in this era of more wide open football. 

20 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Addazio is an old school football coach. Run the ball and play tough defense. He reminds me of Pat Hill. Not sure that works in this era of more wide open football. 

Or he's a much higher paid Rocky Long who has always accomplished more than Addazio considering what he's had to work with.

And this shouldn't be overlooked. If I'm not mistaken, Adazzio has six BC transfers on his roster and they're all at least juniors in terms of eligibility and if Phil Steele's mag is correct, CSU is probably starting 10 seniors this season. So Addazio appears to be pretty much working with a veteran roster. And check how CSU is doing getting commitments for its 2022 class: https://247sports.com/college/colorado-state/Season/2022-Football/Commits/ All eight are rated lower by 247 than each of SDSU's 13 commits.

Considering how poor CSU's attendance has been in that great new stadium, how much CSU reportedly still owes to pay that place off and how much they still owe Addazio on his contract, it looks to me as though by 2023, the outlook for Rams football could be as dire as that of anybody in the conference.

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Or he's a much higher paid Rocky Long who has always accomplished less with what he's had to work with.

And this shouldn't be overlooked. If I'm not mistaken, Adazzio has six BC transfers on his roster and they're all at least juniors in terms of eligibility and if Phil Steele's mag is correct, CSU is probably starting 10 seniors this season. So Addazio appears to be pretty much working with a veteran roster. And check how CSU is doing getting commitments for its 2022 class: https://247sports.com/college/colorado-state/Season/2022-Football/Commits/ All eight are rated lower by 247 than each of SDSU's 13 commits.

Considering how poor CSU's attendance has been in that great new stadium, how much CSU reportedly still owes to pay that place off and how much they still owe Addazio on his contract, it looks to me as though by 2023, the outlook for Rams football could be as dire as that of anybody in the conference.

Wasn’t he recommended by Urban Meyer? 

27 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Addazio is an old school football coach. Run the ball and play tough defense. He reminds me of Rocky Long and Pat Hill. Not sure you’ll ever win big in this era of more wide open football. 

You can add Craig Bohl to that list.  I don't think you can win big like that anymore either.  Football has changed too much.  If Bohl doesn't change his offense, I think his ceiling at Wyoming is 8 wins.  Maybe 9 with a bowl win.

13 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Or he's a much higher paid Rocky Long who has always accomplished more than Addazio considering what he's had to work with.

Attendance this year has been fantastic.  CSU has the 3rd highest G5 attendance only trailing Cincinnati and Boise State. They had 34780 for San Jose State after two home losses to South Dakota State and Vandy.

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

Attendance this year has been fantastic.  CSU has the 3rd highest G5 attendance only trailing Cincinnati and Boise State. They had 34780 for San Jose State after two home losses to South Dakota State and Vandy.

I stand corrected about that. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I stand corrected about that. Thanks.

Your point is a good one though. Coaches get fired when they start losing home games and there isn’t a lot of confidence in Addazio being anything but an average coach. And when teams lose home games, attendance usually drops.

1 hour ago, Maynard Delecto said:

The refs blew the play too, kick probably shd have never even happened, right?

After CSewe made subs on offense, the umpire should have been standing over their center to give USU a chance to match up.

If the offense subs the defense is allowed to sub as well.  USU did not try and sub, but generally the ref stands over the ball while subs are taking place.  The whole play was just really bad.