Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise State to renovate Extra Mile Arena?

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

This is great! I want the Pack to run Donk basketball in a nicer setting! The current venue is booooorrrrinnggg. How many stiff, fat dudes can the Pack dunk on before it’s cliche? 😂

Nevada owns us soooo hard.  Kind of like how we owned you in football until you embarrassed us on  the blue.  Time to repay the favor on the hardwood!!

Just doubt that happens...

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

TBA is lifeless and boring as is right now, too.

It matches the newer architecture on campus.  I think it looks sick.  Different strokes for folks. 

"Newer architecture..." is for tech firm campuses.  Show me a P5 campus that has substianal modern arcitiecture.

In the context of a college campus/athletics, going ultra modern is bush league.  Less so than blu turf, however bush league none-the-less.

4 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

"Newer architecture..." is for tech firm campuses.  Show me a P5 campus that has substianal modern arcitiecture.

In the context of a college campus/athletics, going ultra modern is bush league.  Less so than blu turf, however bush league none-the-less.

Beats the ever living shit out of the gym you guys play in....Shit ours as it currently stands is far, far better.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nevada owns us soooo hard.  Kind of like how we owned you in football until you embarrassed us on  the blue.  Time to repay the favor on the hardwood!!

Just doubt that happens...

Thanks! Now you made me feel chitty for that reasoned and well mannered response. 😂

What comes around goes around. Boise has the talent. It just hasn’t put it all together.

BYW, I still have $300 of unused tickets from the late 90s when a tip back on a free throw sent Nevada packing from the WAC tourney in Reno. 

Hope they improve the interior flow as well.  During halftime of the NCAA tourney games you could hardly move. Only tried that once and then went to the john before or after half time.  Good thing our crowds are usually small enough it is not an issue for BSU games. 

21 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

I’ll never understand Nevada fans running smack on another team’s football stadium. Yes, Bronco a stadium is not all that attractive, but Mackay, while maybe looking a bit less thrown together, is not a pleasant stadium.

Unfortunately this. It’s a crap “stadium” in what could be an amazing setting. And I’m okay with that. We average 20k or less with the fing MWC 7:30pm night games. No need to waste $100s of millions with that in mind. 

4 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Thanks! Now you made me feel chitty for that reasoned and well mannered response. 😂

What comes around goes around. Boise has the talent. It just hasn’t put it all together.

BYW, I still have $300 of unused tickets from the late 90s when a tip back on a free throw sent Nevada packing from the WAC tourney in Reno. 

Boise State Basketball has broken my spirit.  We always are a "good" team under rice but there are points where we have looked, really good, only to have Nevada (and a few others but Nevada most prominently) rip our hearts out.

Bastards.

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Why don’t they use the money to fix that extremely odd looking stadium skybox that hangs over the edge with a vertical support? That’s looked unfinished forever.

True Story. Boise ran out of money when they figured out that they were actually an institution of higher learning and had to pay their faculty

1 hour ago, Posturedoc said:

I’ll never understand Nevada fans running smack on another team’s football stadium. Yes, Bronco a stadium is not all that attractive, but Mackay, while maybe looking a bit less thrown together, is not a pleasant stadium.

I’ll never understand fans that think there’s some sort of rule book where you can’t say certain things if there’s a perception that something you associate with is worse. 

And for the record, I don’t think Mackay is as bad as you do, and I don’t think Boise’s stadium is as nice as you do. So that might be part of it. It looks to me like a cold concrete blue Frankenstein patched together and unfinished between the goal posts. There’s nothing ‘natural feeling’ about any of it.  

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Beats the ever living shit out of the gym you guys play in....Shit ours as it currently stands is far, far better.

Does being picked #1 in the Conf Pre-Season “…beat…the ever living shit out of…” playing in your Juco Barn?

Want to make strides to change your brand to a real D-1A University…go w/stone, brick ‘n’ Ivy.

Want to persist w/y’all’s community college vibe…glass & steel is a great look for los blu burros’ revamped hoops gym.

2A026363-C79E-4CB8-B0B2-961FD28B3B53.jpeg

13 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Does being picked #1 in the Conf Pre-Season “…beat…the ever living shit out of…” playing in your Juco Barn?

Want to change your brand to a real D-1A University…go w/stone, brick ‘n’ Ivy.

Want to persist w/y’all’s Community College vibe…glass & steel is a great look for los blu burros’ revamped hoops gym.

image.jpeg

15 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Want to make strides to change your brand to a real D-1A University…go w/stone, brick ‘n’ Ivy.

Want to persist w/y’all’s community college vibe…glass & steel is a great look for los blu burros’ revamped hoops gym.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

image.jpeg

Just as I thought...you got NOTHING!

9 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

That was 05, wasn’t it?

2 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

It’s a dump. But it’s our dump!

55 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Just as I thought...you got NOTHING!

Just not sure what you are trying to convey.  Can you point or draw some figures in the sand  for me?  Clearly Moby is one of the worst facilities in the MWC, and ours as is, is a much better venue.  After it being renovated it will not be close, even if you think it has too many corners or whatever.  

Or were you making a point about preseason rankings?  Trust me, they are not worth much.  

It makes sense that Boise State is transitioning their focus to basketball. Updating the arena and offering more premium seats is the best way forward to increase revenue for the entire AD.

All the rowdy blue collar folks who used to support the football program have been pushed out to Marsing and Homedale with all the new money Californians moving in. The new Boiseans aren't the types to freeze their ass off watching football. They want to be courtside at a basketball game showing off their designer handbags and new boob jobs. Like Lakers games, sidelines of the Boise State basketball games will become the hottest spot in town. Boise State football is dead.

1 hour ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Between this, the talk of expanding Bronco Stadium, and the couple extra million in spending money that Dickey just secured from the ISBOE, I can't help but wonder if the athletic department heard some good news from the Big 12 behind the scenes. :hmmm:

Not likely.  We just have a president and a real AD that dont just hang onto the steering wheel as we drive off a cliff.  Vision and balls;   now we'll see if the execution of the vision is up to snuff.