Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise State to renovate Extra Mile Arena?

The rendering is lifeless and boring.  Very typical of modern architecture to suck all the beauty out of a building under the guise of minimalism and LEED cert.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hell of a lot nicer looking than this...

Lawlor Events Center - Facilities - University of Nevada Athletics

Did I strike a nerve? Lawlor was built in 1983 and it is definitely lifeless and boring.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

10 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Did I strike a nerve? Lawlor was built in 1983 and it is definitely lifeless and boring.

TBA is lifeless and boring as is right now, too.

It matches the newer architecture on campus.  I think it looks sick.  Different strokes for folks. 

17 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

The rendering is lifeless and boring.  Very typical of modern architecture to suck all the beauty out of a building under the guise of minimalism and LEED cert.

It does look more like an insurance company headquarters than an athletic facility, but you'd really have to put it in the perspective of how it fits in with campus to judge.

35 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

It does look more like an insurance company headquarters than an athletic facility, but you'd really have to put it in the perspective of how it fits in with campus to judge.

My best guess is it will have to include some brick, as that's the flowing theme of campus buildings/facilities.

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

My best guess is it will have to include some brick, as that's the flowing theme of campus buildings/facilities.

All The newer buildings all kind of look like that, but with some brick accents.  I imagine that would be similar in the end.  

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

All The newer buildings all kind of look like that, but with some brick accents.  I imagine that would be similar in the end.  

Too many corners to look like an athletic venue I think.  You tend to expect a more rounded look.  Just tradition I guess.  Not knocking the project though.  Nothing would make me happier than if CSU were to rescue the scoreboard, the best floor in the conference, the light up uterus, and bring in some dynamite for a fresh start.  Good on BSU for taking the step.

Just now, Headbutt said:

Too many corners to look like an athletic venue I think.  You tend to expect a more rounded look.  Just tradition I guess.  Not knocking the project though.  Nothing would make me happier than if CSU were to rescue the scoreboard, the best floor in the conference, the light up uterus, and bring in some dynamite for a fresh start.  Good on BSU for taking the step.

Extra Mile right now is just soooo ugly.  Inside and out.  I kind of agree with you that it does not look like a traditional arena but it would be such an upgrade from what we have right now and it would ensure we can keep hosting NCAA Tournament games, which I think is the big thing.  

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Extra Mile right now is just soooo ugly.  Inside and out.  I kind of agree with you that it does not look like a traditional arena but it would be such an upgrade from what we have right now and it would ensure we can keep hosting NCAA Tournament games, which I think is the big thing.  

Why don’t they use the money to fix that extremely odd looking stadium skybox that hangs over the edge with a vertical support? That’s looked unfinished forever.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Why don’t they use the money to fix that extremely odd looking stadium skybox that hangs over the edge with a vertical support? That’s looked unfinished forever.

I’ll never understand Nevada fans running smack on another team’s football stadium. Yes, Bronco a stadium is not all that attractive, but Mackay, while maybe looking a bit less thrown together, is not a pleasant stadium.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Arena_Section-Looking-West-Line-w-fade-8

What an abortion

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.