Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Final California recall count shows Newsom with tally identical to 2018

California elections officials have tallied the final ballots in the recall election that targeted Gov. Gavin Newsom (D), affirming voters’ decision to keep the first-term Democrat in office by a wide margin.

With no more ballots left to count, elections officials and analysts might be forgiven if they feel a sense of deja vu: 61.9 percent of voters voted against recalling Newsom from office, exactly the same share of the vote as Newsom won when he claimed office in 2018.

The share of those who voted for the recall, 38.1 percent, mirrored the share claimed three years ago by businessman John Cox, Newsom’s Republican rival.

Days before the recall election, Joshua Spivak, a recall elections expert and senior fellow at the Hugh L. Carey Institute at Wagner College in New York, told The Hill that he expected the margin to be relatively close to the 2018 gubernatorial contest that sent Newsom to the governor’s mansion. After all, results from recent recall elections had closely mirrored the previous elections involving the candidate being recalled.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/577534-final-california-recall-count-shows-newsom-with-tally-identical-to-2018

So, that totally wasn't a waste of time and money. :rotflmfao:

32 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

That’s what I’m always thinking about you. 

Fixed that one for you there, chief. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's creepy, but I guess that's where we are. 

Meanwhile in Nevada....voter fraud was indeed found.........it was by the CFO of a local major GOP / trump donor (Ahern Rentals) 

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/prosecutors-clark-county-man-touted-in-republican-election-fraud-allegations-voted-his-dead-wifes-ballot

A man who described a ballot cast in his dead wife’s name as “sickening” and was cited by the Nevada GOP last November as evidence massive voter fraud swayed the results of the 2020 presidential election has been charged by prosecutors with voter fraud.

A man who once described a ballot being cast in his dead wife’s name as “sickening” and was cited by the Nevada Republican Party last November as evidence that massive voter fraud swayed the results of the 2020 presidential election has been charged by prosecutors with voter fraud.

According to a lawsuit filed in the Las Vegas Justice Court this month, the man, Donald Kirk Hartle, voted his deceased wife Rosemarie Hartle’s ballot. At a November press conference, Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, named Rosemarie Hartle as one example of the “hundreds of dead people" he said had voted in the election in Clark County. The Nevada Republican Party also cited Hartle’s interview with KLAS Channel 8 in their voter fraud allegations.

Hartle is the senior chief financial officer and treasurer for the Ahern Family of Companies, according to his LinkedIn page. The company’s owner, Don Ahern, is a major supporter of former President Donald Trump, whose rally the company hosted at one of their manufacturing facilities in September in violation of COVID-19 health and safety protocols.

Newsom bridled. Last summer, he said, “I believe in immunizations; I do not subscribe to their point of view broadly. I back immunizations. However, I do have concerns about a bureaucrat making a decision that is very personal … I think that’s just something we need to pause and think about.”

Thought this was a funny comment who mandated vaccines for school children.

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Newsom, lol. Californians and New Yorkers are the only ones I know that can get punched in the nuts and like it. 

Your governor leaving the state any time soon? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, HR_Poke said:

Newsom bridled. Last summer, he said, “I believe in immunizations; I do not subscribe to their point of view broadly. I back immunizations. However, I do have concerns about a bureaucrat making a decision that is very personal … I think that’s just something we need to pause and think about.”

Thought this was a funny comment who mandated vaccines for school children.

we have always mandated vaccines for school kids.  Seems consistent with past practice to me for kids.  Now adults are well a bit different.

17 minutes ago, Billings said:

we have always mandated vaccines for school kids.  Seems consistent with past practice to me for kids.  Now adults are well a bit different.

His comment was in reference to a law requiring a doctors signature on medical exemptions for existing mandated vaccines for children.

There were rumors that he and his wife are Jenny McCarthy style anti vaxers before covid.

4 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

His comment was in reference to a law requiring a doctors signature on medical exemptions for existing mandated vaccines for children.

There were rumors that he and his wife are Jenny McCarthy style anti vaxers before covid.

He made that comment when the Dem voters were not really paying attention to the recall and his numbers weren’t great. I figured he’d get more forceful once the recall was behind him…

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

7 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

He made that comment when the Dem voters were not really paying attention to the recall and his numbers weren’t great. I figured he’d get more forceful once the recall was behind him…

Typical politician.  Talking out of both sides of his mouth.

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Our governor is great. The Lt Gov is another authoritarian asshole like Newsom, just opposite party. She won’t get re-elected. 

Isn’t she running for governor now? Regardless, Idaho is as much or more a political shit show as any state, even if the shit is a different flavor. Newsom is a turd, but let’s not get too preachy about what Californians will put up with.

9 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Isn’t she running for governor now? Regardless, Idaho is as much or more a political shit show as any state, even if the shit is a different flavor. Newsom is a turd, but let’s not get too preachy about what Californians will put up with.

Idaho government in some cases is a little too far right for my taste, but it keeps the progressives from getting a toe hold. Extreme right people like Bundy and the Lt Gov are as narrow minded as the extreme left. You have to understand the background of Idaho government which for many years has been largely controlled by rural interests which tend to be conservative. Although some of its best leaders like Church and Andrus have been moderate Democrats. 

When we first moved here in the late 70s, as a civil engineer, I was amazed at the reduced amount of regulation as compared to California. It made building projects much easier and faster. I also found rural community leaders to be much less sophisticated and a lot more budget conscious. You had to educate and explain a lot more to them. 

On 10/21/2021 at 6:27 AM, retrofade said:

Some article mentioned this is a road map for the Democrats in 2022. Newsom tied his opponent to Trump and the Republicans made no gains. The article is probably a bunch of BS. But if Im the Democrats I want to make 2022 all about Trump and nothing about Biden’s accomplishments 

The Masters 5k road race All American.