Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

In-n-Out fights back against San Francisco

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I was seeing this girl who lived in those rundown apartments near the produce stand on Broadway and would dip into Suds and the Broadway bar on occasion.  I preferred Jim's Alibi though as it was literally across the street.

Shit, it was Jim’s Alibi. 

I wish I could remember her name, she was originally from Illinois.  

23 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I just remember driving down the street one day and going, holy fck - Boise has a Sizzler.  Now I believe you have 2. 

Hadn’t seen one of those since the late eighties.  

Sizzler still exists?

So we got an in and out burger in Lone Tree, went there the other day coming back from the job site.  I was underwhelmed.  The fries tasted like they were stale. The burger tastes the same as pretty much any other fast food burger.  We have a bunch of CA transplants that were all excited for it.  I think its more a nostalgia thing than actually thinking it's an amazing burger.

17 minutes ago, SAMO said:

nah they arent...lol

eat shit u gimp...lol

Are you saying there aren't many or not any?  Because I don't recall many, but there is still one in the Anaheim area that you ordered at the window, there was no indoor eating.  Seems like this is a fairly immaterial discussion in the end, but I have eaten at one.  Fries are trash though, so not a place I would frequent when I lived in southern California

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

Are you saying there aren't many or not any?  Because I don't recall many, but there is still one in the Anaheim area that you ordered at the window, there was no indoor eating.  Seems like this is a fairly immaterial discussion in the end, but I have eaten at one.  Fries are trash though, so not a place I would frequent when I lived in southern California

the SJ person said most didn't have indoor seating...lol. and took umbrance when i disagreed.

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

Ah, I only recalled the one, but again, I have maybe had that place a handful of times.  Just point me to a taco stand instead.  :rock:

most do have indoor seating. there may be a taco bell or two left in the old mission style too, but that doesnt mean 'most' are...lol

ill take the taco stands too

In-N-Out is good, will always enjoy it, but have been have been enjoying The Habit more, as of recent. I like that I can also order a tri-tip or pastrami there. Also, I do enjoy onion rings and they are a side option there. 

51 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I just remember driving down the street one day and going, holy fck - Boise has a Sizzler.  Now I believe you have 2. 

Hadn’t seen one of those since the late eighties.  

28 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Sizzler still exists?

There were a handful holding on in SoCal. I last ate one around '09.  The last one I remember seeing was in the Valley. I think I saw on social media it closed during this pandemic. 

33 minutes ago, SAMO said:

most do have indoor seating. there may be a taco bell or two left in the old mission style too, but that doesnt mean 'most' are...lol

ill take the taco stands too

Downtown Goleta, just a few blocks from the original The Habit Burger. Close to Santa Barbara Airport.

Taco Bell

https://yelp.to/jQOp7jqhwkb

Screenshot_20211020-172913.png

110926run_defense710.jpg

50 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

No strippers in Ventura.  We had to go to Oxnard.

I think of pizza when thinking of fastfood in Ventura. Pizza Man Dan, Toppers and Tony's. Good stuff. 

32 minutes ago, SAMO said:

the SJ person said most didn't have indoor seating...lol. and took umbrance when i disagreed.

Incorrect. No resentment was built. Check the thread. I specified SoCal, which is true, and in your quest of absolutes, began name calling. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Incorrect. No resentment was built. Check the thread. I specified SoCal, which is true, and in your quest of absolutes, began name calling. 

ur so triggered, clod, ur still responding...lol

u and the vegas gimp should get a room...lol

Jay's Jayburgers in the 70' when the black dude operated from a stand not much bigger than a hot dog cart in or near Hollywood, not the last larger location.  Best damn chili cheeseburger ever.

There was a Yanikies (sp) near Azusa as I recall. In 1975, $0.99 for a hamburger, fries, coke special that was pretty damn good, couldn't complain on price.

110926run_defense710.jpg

19 minutes ago, SAMO said:

ur so triggered, clod, ur still responding...lol

u and the vegas gimp should get a room...lol

You did reference me. Hence the response. Not triggered at all.