Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

In-n-Out fights back against San Francisco

1 minute ago, modestobulldog said:

You would be wrong, they had at least two locations in Ventura and Oxnard.  I ate at the Ventura location several times in the 1970's.  

Here is the proof of Oxnard location, still there, just renamed to "A-burger" when What-a-Burger pulled out.  Look at the current sign at the Oxnard location, it is obvious. Same mediocre food according to Yelp reviews.

A Burger

https://yelp.to/Vvj6NyX3vkb

Screenshot_20211020-135953.png

And you'll notice I edited my post....I just wasnt fast enough.  It was a franchise, though.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

And you'll notice I edited my post....I just wasnt fast enough.  It was a franchise, though.

In-n-Out crossed the Canejo grade and planted a drive-thru (no restaurant) location in Camarillo in1986 as I recall.  I wonder if that drove them out, never lived there so not sure when What-a-Burger went out.

110926run_defense710.jpg

I agree in principle this is an example of overreach, but I'm also not entirely sure how this is different from the masking mandates that were put into effect by county public health agencies last year? Not challenging anything said here, but would be interested to hear others' opinions.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, SAMO said:

wat planet do you live on...lol no they aren't...lol. they all have dining rooms...lol

SoCal. And no they don't. 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

The SF location doesn't have a drive thru at all. 

That is a rarity. Makes sense if it is in SFO proper.

3 minutes ago, SAMO said:

...lol yah they do.

i think i wud know...lol i have been to one before

Cool. I've been to many. Like modestobulldog referred to, in support of my statement, originally all locations were drive-thru or walk-up only. And many still are. 

1 minute ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Cool. I've been to many. Like modestobulldog referred to, in support of my statement, originally all locations were drive-thru or walk-up only. And many still are. 

no they arent...lol

you can admit yer wrong already...lol

Every one of you in here is dead ass wrong. The only fast food burger worth a damn in the entire country comes from this place, and until recently could only be found in God’s Country, also known as New Mexico. 

D27CD2AC-38C3-4C6A-9A36-FE5642BF9204.jpeg

Just now, sean327 said:

Everyone of you in here is dead ass wrong. The only fast food burger worth a damn in the entire country comes from this place, and until recently could only be found in God’s Country, also known as New Mexico. 

D27CD2AC-38C3-4C6A-9A36-FE5642BF9204.jpeg

Loved that place when I worked in Socorro.  Green Chili burger all day long!

7 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

All In-n-Out burger locations were drive-thu and walk-up into the 1980's.  I would guess the first 100 or more locations in the greater Los Angeles area were that way.  Just curious, are you saying some of those locations have survived and still do not have a restaurant dining room? That would be awesome. I would like to take the grandkids to one of those classi locations if they still exist.

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 minutes ago, SAMO said:

no they arent...lol

you can admit yer wrong already...lol

That's right, You've been to one

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

All In-n-Out burger locations were drive-thu and walk-up into the 1980's.  I would guess the first 100 or more locations in the greater Los Angeles area were that way.  Just curious, are you saying some of those locations have survived and still do not have a restaurant dining room? That would be awesome. I would like to take the grandkids to one of those classi locations if they still exist.

All of 'em that I am aware of. There are at least 4 in proximity to me. All are drive-thru/walkup only. Almost always they have long drive-thru lines.