Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

In-n-Out fights back against San Francisco

1 minute ago, 702Canary said:

The old school In N Outs were drive thru and outside dining only.  It is a lifestyle habit that developed over time.  Same thing with the original Tommy's locations.  The newer ones have dining rooms.  The only place I have ever eaten inside at an In N Out is at Barstow, which was a complete freak show of humanity.

yah...but "old skool" doesn't mean "now". they all now have dining rooms...lol

1 minute ago, NMpackalum said:

I ate inside at in and out a couple of weeks ago in Salt lake. Still not as good as 5 guys. 

I keep hearing 5 guys is good but I have never had a good experience there. From crazy waits to lost and incomplete orders, rude staff and mediocre food. Maybe the ones in SD just suck?

Just now, Los_Aztecas said:

I keep hearing 5 guys is good but I have never had a good experience there. From crazy waits to lost and incomplete orders, rude staff and mediocre food. Maybe the ones in SD just suck?

I love using their app and it being ready to go when I get there. Make sure you check in a few minutes before you get there because they wait for you to get there before cooking the fries to keep them hot. It’s probably tough to keep employees at the fast food places these days so customer service probably suffers but my local 5 guys is almost as good as chik fil a and In&Out. 

20 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I ate inside at in and out a couple of weeks ago in Salt lake. Still not as good as 5 guys. 

I would disagree, 5 guys patties are gross.

110926run_defense710.jpg

52 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Just last week in Washington, the gov't forced all businesses to charge $0.08 per plastic or paper bag (like for groceries).

Shit, Chicago enforced that long ago.  Then during covid banned reusable bags.  

Now they’re trying to pass traffic cameras giving tickets for going 6 over, fck that liberal shit hole.  

I like The Habit better than In-n-Out because of the charbroil, but In-n-Out knocks it out of the park for value.  I like the reasonable pricing across the entire menu, not pricing the hamburger outrageous and requiring a meal purchase to feel like you got a deal.  I have been trying to skip the fries and soda.  

For those unaware, you can add pickles to In-n-Out burgers, it isn't standard and I don't think it is on the menu.  I wish they would add a bacon option.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

The majority of In-N-Outs are drive-thru mainly with a few table outside. I have been to couple of restaurant styles locations and those are not not very common. This SFO location must be one of those, but as I said most are drive-thru based. At this point, it's up to the customer at In-N-Out if they want to sit inside. And yes, the business should not be forced to play vaccine police. 

The SF location doesn't have a drive thru at all. 

I was glad In-n-Out came to Texas.  Never had before then but it beats the hell outta Whataburger...which is an unpopular opinion here.  :D

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

I was glad In-n-Out came to Texas.  Never had before then but it beats the hell outta Whataburger...which is an unpopular opinion here.  :D

Whataburger isn't good.

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Whataburger isn't good.

I've always described it as 'meh'.  It's a fast food burger.  I always tell friends that the key to knowing that is that Whataburger never markets their burger...they always market what goes ON the burger.  To cover up the 'meh'ness.  In-n-Out I can order it plain and it'll still taste good....or at least better than 'meh'.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I like The Habit better than In-n-Out because of the charbroil, but In-n-Out knocks it out of the park for value.  I like the reasonable pricing across the entire menu, not pricing the hamburger outrageous and requiring a meal purchase to feel like you got a deal.  I have been trying to skip the fries and soda.  

For those unaware, you can add pickles to In-n-Out burgers, it isn't standard and I don't think it is on the menu.  I wish they would add a bacon option.

The Habit is legit. Good burgers, plus other options like chicken sandwiches or salads. Plus more sides options too. 

Had In-N-Out a week ago in Vegas. It was good, but I think nostalgia plays a part since I was born in SoCal. My wife who grew up in Wyoming doesn't get the hype for it.

5 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

The Habit is legit. Good burgers, plus other options like chicken sandwiches or salads. Plus more sides options too. 

Had In-N-Out a week ago in Vegas. It was good, but I think nostalgia plays a part since I was born in SoCal. My wife who grew up in Wyoming doesn't get the hype for it.

The Habit started in Goleta.

110926run_defense710.jpg

7 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Don't forget Tri-Tip sandwich.

110926run_defense710.jpg

The Whataburgers in Cali were their one and so far only attempt to franchise.  Given that Whataburger was just bought out, that is about to change.  Pat Mahomes is part of a group that will opening franchises in and around KC.

9 minutes ago, RSF said:

Different restaurant.  The 'Iconic' Texas chain has never had a store in California.

You would be wrong, they had at least two locations in Ventura and Oxnard.  I ate at the Ventura location several times in the 1970's.  

Here is the proof of Oxnard location, still there, just renamed to "A-burger" when What-a-Burger pulled out.  Look at the current sign at the Oxnard location, it is obvious. Same mediocre food according to Yelp reviews.

A Burger

https://yelp.to/Vvj6NyX3vkb

Screenshot_20211020-135953.png

110926run_defense710.jpg