Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

San Jose State at UNLV

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

This loss is not on the freshman quarterback.

He isn’t blaming it all on him, either. Enough of that to go around the entire team. 

I’m absolutely befuddled in the total lack of urgency shown by D1 caliber players at the end of a game. Friel was sacked with 12 seconds left and the whistle blows. 12 seconds is more than enough time to hurry your ass back to the line to get another play off but they didn’t do that. In fact, some of the players were still 5-10 yards away from the LOS when the clock hit zeros. Just mind blowing.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv-football/unlv-collapses-late-in-game-again-falls-to-san-jose-state-2464212/

Even so, the Rebels had a chance to tie the game with 7:06 to play.

They ran 19 plays and marched 72 yards. Friel converted four third-and-longs and a fourth down.

But UNLV didn’t have enough urgency on its final possession and ran out of time in the red zone. Friel was sacked for the fifth time, by Kyle Harmon, who ran free amid a botched protection scheme to level the freshman on the final play.

Yeah, I don't think this loss is on the freshman qb.

6 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

Had arroyo just elected to kick a fg at the end of halftime, no fumble. Also 4th and 1 at the 23. But nooo, “I have to kick a fg, can’t risk not converting on 4th down and going 0-7 on the season and 0-13 overall.” 

And having the ball for the last 7:14 with 2 timeouts and running out of time. Poor clock management. 

Arroyo is trash and should be fired with the buyout money from Otzleberger. 

That pretty much sums it up.  He is a new coach, but his decision making at times was poor.

4 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

The sports journalism in Vegas is pretty sad. Just being lazy by doing sensationalism. 

I agree with this, especially Bischoff. I haven’t followed him enough to know why he holds so much vitriol towards Arroyo, but it certainly effects his ability to be impartial (which a member of the media should obviously be no matter what their personal feelings are towards a coach). 

22 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv-football/unlv-collapses-late-in-game-again-falls-to-san-jose-state-2464212/

They ran 19 plays and marched 72 yards. Friel converted four third-and-longs and a fourth down.

But UNLV didn’t have enough urgency on its final possession and ran out of time in the red zone. Friel was sacked for the fifth time, by Kyle Harmon, who ran free amid a botched protection scheme to level the freshman on the final play.

I thought Friel was really solid, throughout the game he was smart with his throws and not forcing things.  He has potential to be a really solid QB.

26 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

All this opportunity and Hasbro has yet to create "The Blame Game."

20 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Yeah, you're dumb as fck.

Don't @ me again.

Well, that wasn't intended to trigger you, but ok. Simply stating that there are some players who would opt for an education at Yale rather than playing at another school, including Boise. I know a kid that did that. And he'll be making $$$ long after a football player will.

No disrespect intended.

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Well, that wasn't intended to trigger you, but ok. Simply stating that there are some players who would opt for an education at Yale rather than playing at another school, including Boise. I know a kid that did that. And he'll be making $$$ long after a football player will.

No disrespect intended.

Oh, you're too kind.

I apologize for the harsh words.

I believe (and others) that undergraduate degrees hold little merit to football players.  Shit, sometimes I wonder why 5 star recruits go to the P5 when if they're that good they can go the Josh (what's his name?) route.

Also, Ivy undergrad degrees aren't that attention grabbing unless in a specific major.  

I kinda dig Friel. He left everything he had on the field. That last play was unorganized as shit. Receivers running all over. It shouldnt have come to that. There should have been plenty of time.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

29 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

I kinda dig Friel. He left everything he had on the field. That last play was unorganized as shit. Receivers running all over. It shouldnt have come to that. There should have been plenty of time.

The last play was such a fckn shambles it borders on absurdity.  Then nobody with a clue on lining back up for another snap.  Running out of time with 7+ mins left.  Wut? Then again we are talking about the same coach who rolls out of halftime having to take TOs bc nobody knows what they are doing after preparing all half.  The sad part is that this is probably as talented as UNLV has been in a long time. 

It was an entertaining game, a good show that was way too late for any east coaster to watch, but entertaining.  Man, UNLV is in need of finding someone who knows how to close the show.  They are so close, so often, it even frustrates me.  Good rally by the Spartans, they executed when it mattered.  

3 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I’m sorry for being mean, I just have to. 

Yale football is shit, they get the leftovers that any FBS recruits.  

It was meant as a joke based on the regular claims of Boise fan that their guys get a lot of Ivy League offers.

34 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Shouldn't Arizona be #1? Or is constantly loosing when you had the lead worse?

Stop playing fast and loose with your words or the grammar police will be coming for you.

I'm guessing most believe Arizona would beat UNLV head to head.