Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

....and apparently Nick Rolovich is now available for any MWC coaching job.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

Not sure what the voting patterns of us dirty Papists have to do with the Covid vaccine, but then hijacking threads is a Internet tradition....

Because it is an easy way to show that views vary wildly among members of a religion based on the race of the adherents.

Just now, Rofl_copter_dos said:

if you wanted me to put numbers to it without looking at any crosstabs i would ballpark it at like 15%.  20%.

this is the OT board anyways thread hijacking is part and parcel of daily operatinos 

Some of the charm of this board is that we can start a conversation about covid and somehow end up on sexy hedgehogs.

Not sure whether to laugh or facepalm rofl's last post....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

if you wanted me to put numbers to it without looking at any crosstabs i would ballpark it at like 15%.  20%.

this is the OT board anyways thread hijacking is part and parcel of daily operatinos 

15% seems way too high to me as a Catholic in maybe the most retarded far right state in the country.

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

Because it is an easy way to show that views vary wildly among members of a religion based on the race of the adherents.

Same with this one....

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

15% seems way too high to me as a Catholic in maybe the most retarded far right state in the country.

I could be overestimating it but i wasn't kidding about my entire family basically going trump-as-catholic-godhead* , so personal experience may be coloring things here.

*except the cousin with a phd who spends most of his time digging up old bug fossils.  he's as sane as anyone who likes spending time in africa and china could possibly be. 

Just now, RSF said:

Funny...dont remember denying anything.  Suggested that there's more than one reason for it.  Much like a lot of things.

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

O, sorry, let me be EXTREMELY specific:

So, do you acknowledge the validity of my claim that views among Catholics vary significantly based on the race of those Catholics? A simple yes or no would do. A non-answer will be interpreted as a no. 

Quick, everybody hide....Bob's here....

2 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I could be overestimating it but i wasn't kidding about my entire family basically going trump-as-catholic-godhead* , so personal experience may be coloring things here.

*except the cousin with a phd who spends most of his time digging up old bug fossils.  he's as sane as anyone who likes spending time in africa and china could possibly be. 

I’ve noticed a similar trend. It just makes people uncomfortable to admit, for some weird reason. Like, look at the difference of views among black and white Protestants in the U.S. Is it SO crazy to suggest a similar divide is developing among Catholics?

8 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I may be a bit perception biased as well, come to think of it as my Church is in the North End of Boise, which is like 80% democrat.  I just have never encountered that type of Catholic at my Church or social media groups.  I probably would in the most deep red counties I imagine, though.  

And the Pope is popular with millennials in general, not just Catholic ones.  Pope is dope.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You got the idiot reactions too?  Glad I'm in good company.

Not yet, but I'm sure they are coming.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

He was a star quarterback at Marin Catholic. It wasn't that hard to figure out.

I know three families that send their kids to Bishop Manogue. Zero of them are catholic. My wife is catholic. Our kid is at Mcq. I’m not paying for Bishop Manogue!

9 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I know three families that send their kids to Bishop Manogue. Zero of them are catholic. My wife is catholic. Our kid is at Mcq. I’m not paying for Bishop Manogue!

yeah, beat me to it.