Jump to content
TheSanDiegan

Hospital Rant. Working title: f*cking millennials

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

One of my best friends from when we were 10 years old has turned into the modern day Marv Marinovich with his kid.  I'm like bro, I met you at the same age smoking cigarettes behind 7-11 and we drank 40s before our HS varsity Bball games.  Chill on your kid. 

Oh man one of my millennial friends was losing his shit over his fiancée's teenage son having gotten busted at school with a vape pen and having reportedly taken a pocketknife with him to school one day. The poor kid ended up in a 72 hour psych eval. :mellow: I told my friend he was excessively redlining... ffs we would go smoke grits on the baseball field or on the other side of the school fence during lunch. Teenage boys gonna teenage boy. :shrug:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Same boat.  I rode my Bike all over Cheyenne at age 10 by myself.  Blew up stuff with fireworks, started small fires to burn ant hills, all sorts of random stuff.  I wouldn't let my daughters do that, but alot of that is Metro Denver is different than Cheyenne in the 80's and 90's, and fear porn has convinced me that there are child pedophiles around every corner waiting to steal my children.

One time my dad caught me tying up cats and dragging them around on my bike. So my dad did what any dad in the 80's would have done, he tied me up and drug me around the yard!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Same boat.  I rode my Bike all over Cheyenne at age 10 by myself.  Blew up stuff with fireworks, started small fires to burn ant hills, all sorts of random stuff.  I wouldn't let my daughters do that, but alot of that is Metro Denver is different than Cheyenne in the 80's and 90's, and fear porn has convinced me that there are child pedophiles around every corner waiting to steal my children.

I walked ~ 1 mile home from school in Denver at 10 :shrug:

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Think about weird shit that was commonplace for Gen X that would horrify the younger generations. 

I remember riding around in the car with my dad standing up in the front seat while he drove around. I was like 5 years old. 

In my elementary school years our bus driver was a gruff retired guy named Sarge, that chain smoked Marlboro's with a bus full of first second and third graders. The parents didn't care either. 

 

Or what about riding down the freeway in the bed of a truck? :D That was the only way my friend and I would go places with his dad when we were little. And no seats either - we just sat our ass on the bed sans liner and loved every f*cking mile.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize in advance to any board members that work in a pharmacy…

I have a Xanax prescription for flying and while refilling in the drive thru the attendant asked me if I could confirm my address.  
 

I lost it for a second and responded, “you’re holding my fcking drivers license.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From pre-op this morning:

IMG-5837.jpg

That was 4ish hours ago and I'm already walking around more normally than I have been for the last two months. Of course, the combination of coffee, Percocet, and a bacon-maple bar - or as I like to call it, the Breakfast of Champions - isn't hurting the cause either.

 

And @Bob, re: the vaginoplasty I asked the surgeon to make it nice and tight so I can feel your microdick next time. :cheers:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Form pre-op this morning:

IMG-5837.jpg

That was 4ish hours ago and I'm already walking around more normally than I have been for the last two months. Of course, the combination of coffee, Percocet, and a bacon-maple bar - or as I like to call it, the Breakfast of Champions - isn't hurting the cause either.

 

And @Bob, re: the vaginoplasty I asked the surgeon to make it nice and tight so I can feel your microdick next time. :cheers:

May I ask what knee condition you suffer(ed) from that enfeebled you to the point of requiring your wife to carry your cigar and peated Scotch out to the porch because you needed your hands to make that crawl? And it already feels better two hrs post-op? Did she break off a sewing needle in your meniscus?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Or what about riding down the freeway in the bed of a truck? :D That was the only way my friend and I would go places with his dad when we were little. And no seats either - we just sat our ass on the bed sans liner and loved every f*cking mile.

I did that too!

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

May I ask what knee condition you suffer(ed) from that enfeebled you to the point of requiring your wife to carry your cigar and peated Scotch out to the porch because you needed your hands to make that crawl? And it already feels better two hrs post-op? Did she break off a sewing needle in your meniscus?

Tear through my meniscus, anterior side. Likely from sparring or minor mountain biking spill, though tbh I don't recall any particular incident that left my knee in pain. :shrug:

But I've been in pain the last 2 1/2months and rocking a pimp cain the last three weeks because if I didn't I was guaranteed to be up half the night in pain. 

As far as my mobility so soon after surgery? I'm chalking that up to the anesthesia and Percocet. And my headspace that I'm going to f*cking crush my PT. I'm guessing as the former wears off I'll be regretting the short-term enthusiasm I'm filled with at present.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I often reflect on how lucky we were to have grown up during the time we did. :)

Hell yeah!  Even though I'm technically a millennial by 4 years growing up in Wyoming in the 80s and 90s was the same as the 70s.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Tear through my meniscus, anterior side. Likely from sparring or minor mountain biking spill, though tbh I don't recall any particular incident that left my knee in pain. :shrug:

But I've been in pain the last 2 1/2months and rocking a pimp cain the last three weeks because if I didn't I was guaranteed to be up half the night in pain. 

As far as my mobility so soon after surgery? I'm chalking that up to the anesthesia and Percocet. And my headspace that I'm going to f*cking crush my PT. I'm guessing as the former wears off I'll be regretting the short-term enthusiasm I'm filled with at present.

If I remember correctly @RogueStoutis the king of "mountain biking spills" and has a knee surgeon on speed dial.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Hell yeah!  Even though I'm technically a millennial by 4 years growing up in Wyoming in the 80s and 90s was the same as the 70s.

It's all relative, right? Through probably 2004-2005ish I would see kids in India in the street playing pickup games of cricket and I think that just until recently, their analog childhood in the early 21st century was far more similar to ours in the mid-late 20th century than it was different.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

If I remember correctly @RogueStoutis the king of "mountain biking spills" and has a knee surgeon on speed dial.

Yeah I quit downhilling a few years back after a really bad wreck. 

Honestly I ride road 80% of the time these days. Although I still dress like a mountain biker. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Or what about riding down the freeway in the bed of a truck? :D That was the only way my friend and I would go places with his dad when we were little. And no seats either - we just sat our ass on the bed sans liner and loved every f*cking mile.

When I got to UNLV in summer of 90, we used to be able to put a keg in the back of a pickup and drive down the Strip drinking in the back.  Used to be legal for passengers to drink in cars here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 702Canary said:

When I got to UNLV in summer of 90, we used to be able to put a keg in the back of a pickup and drive down the Strip drinking in the back.  Used to be legal for passengers to drink in cars here.

Not a brag, but rather a confession well beyond the statute of limitations...

It was not uncommon as a teenager to have a 12-pack of Coors Extra Gold as my copilot and I would eject empties out the sunroof. On the freeway. At 85mph. :ph34r:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Yeah I quit downhilling a few years back after a really bad wreck. 

Honestly I ride road 80% of the time these days. Although I still dress like a mountain biker. 

The Cyclists’ Style Guide states you’d better have knobbies on a gravel bike while on those road rides, or you’re breaking the 2nd Law of cycling fashion. Fashion maven, @Slapdad—who still wears sweaters draped across his shoulders to fall season soirées and dad jeans everywhere else except those rare occasions when he breaks all accepted fashion trends and clumps around in Uggs with his knee length summer dresses—will need to see photos of you in your road kit to determine if a fine or jail time is warranted. 

  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Not a brag, but rather a confession well beyond the statue of limitations...

It was not uncommon as a teenager to have a 12-pack of Coors Extra Gold as my copilot and I would eject empties out the sunroof. On the freeway. At 85mph. :ph34r:

Yeah we used to measure long rides by how many beers were needed in said trip.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...