Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLVFan90

FAU, Charlotte, North Texas, UTSA, Rice and UAB to AAC

3 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Southern Miss and Marshall sound Sun Belt bound

Looks like Southern Miss is just breaking on twitter, if true. Where have you seen Marshall announced? Honestly starting to think the SBC is coming out of this situation pretty well. 

7 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

I cant say that I blame either of them. USM has a natural rival in USA. Plus, both schools are the proverbial rats jumping the sinking C-USA ship.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

I cant say that I blame either of them. USM has a natural rival in USA. Plus, both schools are the proverbial rats jumping the sinking C-USA ship.

Southern Miss has decent history. Check out their winsipedia http://www.winsipedia.com/southern-miss

IMO, if SBC lands USM and Marshall they will be a hell of a conference and probably compete with the MW and AAC for the first spot outside the A5. 

20 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Looks like Southern Miss is just breaking on twitter, if true. Where have you seen Marshall announced? Honestly starting to think the SBC is coming out of this situation pretty well. 

Same. I'm just making a logical pairing. LT did the same thing to ULM that USF did to UCF. We'll see if they can get a life raft too. Only other possibilities are WKU, MTSU, and FIU.

28 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Marshall weighing options from apparent C-USA shakeup

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/marshall_university/marshall-weighing-options-from-apparent-c-usa-shakeup/article_07499831-cacc-5901-935b-7bb4035e1eff.html

Americans Mayor

9 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Southern Miss has decent history. Check out their winsipedia http://www.winsipedia.com/southern-miss

IMO, if SBC lands USM and Marshall they will be a hell of a conference and probably compete with the MW and AAC for the first spot outside the A5. 

I completely agree. The Sun Belt will take the 2 best programs in C-USA, while the AAC will take the 6 with most "potential". I think the former is a much better move, and the AAC will definitely be in danger of getting passed by the Sun Belt. 

1 minute ago, bigd said:

I completely agree. The Sun Belt will take the 2 best programs in C-USA, while the AAC will take the 6 with most "potential". I think the former is a much better move, and the AAC will definitely be in danger of getting passed by the Sun Belt. 

One rumor is along with Marshal & So. Miss, GA St, GA Southern & JMU will also be joining the belt. 

If true, they will become the 7th best conference and some years they might be the 6th best conference.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

33 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

One rumor is along with Marshal & So. Miss, GA St, GA Southern & JMU will also be joining the belt. 

If true, they will become the 7th best conference and some years they might be the 6th best conference.

Does Louisiana Tech get left behind again? I kind of like their school.

5 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Yes, because they've never wanted to be in the Sun Belt or with ULL and ULM, so now they'll get ugly step sister'd out of the ball. And I like LT

In a perfect world Monroe and LaTech switch spots. 

55 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Georgia State and Georgia Southern are in the Sun Belt already.

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

In a perfect world Monroe and LaTech switch spots. 

From some things I've read, La Tech has done it to themselves with their insistence upon not being in a League with ULL or ULM.

I Haven't heard any back stories. But that has been out there. 

Americans Mayor

7 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Georgia State and Georgia Southern are in the Sun Belt already.

Well that shoots down that rumor. :D

Edit:  I read the tweet too fast and didn't pay close attention.

Anonymous sources close to decision makers say a move by JMU, Marshall, ODU, & So. Miss to the
@SunBelt is highly likely. Troy would move to the west and the Sun Belt East would be: JMU App State Marshall ODU Coastal Carolina Georgia Southern Georgia State

STACKED Conference

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

From some things I've read, La Tech has done it to themselves with their insistence upon not being in a League with ULL or ULM.

I Haven't heard any back stories. But that has been out there. 

I heard that too.  And something about some bad blood between them and the SB. 

Barack Obama

13 hours ago, SAMO said:

on wat planet...lol

I was wondering about this 'new math'. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

15 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Anonymous sources close to decision makers say a move by JMU, Marshall, ODU, & So. Miss to the
@SunBelt is highly likely. Troy would move to the west and the Sun Belt East would be: JMU App State Marshall ODU Coastal Carolina Georgia Southern Georgia State

STACKED Conference

UTEP is getting the raw end of the deal.  But maybe a smaller CUSA ends up being better for the remaining members in the future.  

9 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

STACKED Conference

That would be absolutely brutal for C-USA. If the Sun Belt only added Southern Miss and Marshall, then JMU and Liberty likely would've been their main targets for backfill. 

If that rumor is true then all C-USA has left is:

FIU
Louisiana Tech
Middle Tennessee
UTEP
Western Kentucky

At this point who could they even add? Liberty and New Mexico State? Could they even find anyone else after that? That's a far flung conference, though it honestly might be an improvement competitively over the current C-USA. Would also have solid basketball. 

I'm sure WKU and MTSU are kicking themselves for leaving the Belt. I almost wonder if the MAC would consider adding them at this point? That would make it so there are only 4 non P6 conferences.