Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLVFan90

FAU, Charlotte, North Texas, UTSA, Rice and UAB to AAC

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

UTEP is getting the raw end of the deal.  But maybe a smaller CUSA ends up being better for the remaining members in the future.  

Yeah C-USA will be ugly geographically, but I hope NMSU is able to find a spot. It would definitely be a step up from the WAC.

Just now, bigd said:

Yeah C-USA will be ugly geographically, but I hope NMSU is able to find a spot. It would definitely be a step up from the WAC.

Would the conference even exist in a few years though?  The WAC is stable for oly sports and right now NMSU gets to play MWC teams in football.   I'm not sure it's a good move to be honest.  Either way,  i don't think any of the WAC schools will be touched at this time, including NMSU.

New SBC

West: TxSt, ArkSt, ULM, UL, USM, USA

East: Troy, GSU, GSo, CCU, AppSt, Marshall

Only potential issue is splitting USA and Troy, but not sure how much history is there with USA program being so young. 

4 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Would the conference even exist in a few years though?  The WAC is stable for oly sports and right now NMSU gets to play MWC teams in football.   I'm not sure it's a good move to be honest.  Either way,  i don't think any of the WAC schools will be touched at this time, including NMSU.

Yeah true, maybe UTEP will end up in the WAC and Indy for football?

6 minutes ago, bigd said:

That would be absolutely brutal for C-USA. If the Sun Belt only added Southern Miss and Marshall, then JMU and Liberty likely would've been their main targets for backfill. 

If that rumor is true then all C-USA has left is:

FIU
Louisiana Tech
Middle Tennessee
UTEP
Western Kentucky

At this point who could they even add? Liberty and New Mexico State? Could they even find anyone else after that? That's a far flung conference, though it honestly might be an improvement competitively over the current C-USA. Would also have solid basketball. 

I'm sure WKU and MTSU are kicking themselves for leaving the Belt. I almost wonder if the MAC would consider adding them at this point? That would make it so there are only 4 non P6 conferences. 

UTEP is really out on an island.  CUSA might be forced to become a very regional conference to reduce travel costs.  The days of them spanning 3 or 4 time zones is probably coming to an end. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, bigd said:

Yeah true, maybe UTEP will end up in the WAC and Indy for football?

Didn't the WAC want to start up an FBS football option?

These 6 already playing FCS under WAC name:

Sam Houston

Abilene Christian

Stephen F Austin

Tarleton

Dixie State

Lamar

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Sam Houston

Abilene Christian

Stephen F Austin

Tarleton

Dixie State

Lamar

They want to, but does that really look like an FBS conference? Is it even that great in FCS? I'd imagine the Missouri Valley and Big Sky are better. 

7 minutes ago, bigd said:

They want to, but does that really look like an FBS conference? 

No. Only Lamar has a 15,000 plus seat stadium. 

But IMO there are quite a few teams that would be better off in the FCS (ASUN is starting an FCS football conference too). 

24 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Sam Houston

Abilene Christian

Stephen F Austin

Tarleton

Dixie State

Lamar

Southern Utah leaving the Big Sky and joining the WAC next season. 

So, the AAC, the original C-USA, is helping to gut the current C-USA in order to become....the new C-USA.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

This sucks.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky