Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU @ AFA

14 hours ago, thatsmymammy said:

SDSU loses big

because offense sucks so much. AF looks good on both sides. Their QB can actually pass. 

Hope I'm wrong since SDSU is ranked. 

Not sure what you mean by big but I fear the game won't be as close as some think.

1. Unlike some teams might, AFA will absolutely not still be on a high from beating Boise. As befits a military academy, AFA's players are always well focused.

2. SDSU might have finally and thankfully replaced Jordan Brookshire at QB but Lucas Johnson isn't that much better and Johnson is bound to show some rustiness.

3. Although AFA may not have seen a defense as good as SDSU has, with just three turnovers in seven games, AFA has been a machine on offense.

My guess is AFA wins by something like 23-13.

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Not sure what you mean by big but I fear the game won't be as close as some think.

1. Unlike some teams might, AFA will absolutely not still be on a high from beating Boise. As befits a military academy, AFA's players are always well focused.

2. SDSU might have finally and thankfully replaced Jordan Brookshire at QB but Lucas Johnson isn't that much better and Johnson is bound to show some rustiness.

3. Although AFA may not have seen a defense as good as SDSU has, with just three turnovers in seven games, AFA has been a machine on offense.

My guess is AFA wins by something like 23-13.

Read your moniker - read your comments. You Obviously never served in the military, "AFA's players are always well focused." Should replace with "Well Rested."

Great Golfers for certain!

On 10/20/2021 at 9:53 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

I think the secondary will be just fine against AF.  My concern is our offense 3 and outs often and the AF run game tires out our line and second level defenders, ala Armed Forces Bowl with Army. Though it was Penny's long TD runs that aided that loss

The Aztec D pitches alot of 3 and outs as well.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

SDSU needs to stop the AF run game with the front seven. If it requires more this is the best passing team I’ve  seen from AF in a longtime. They are also a pretty athletic group. 
Wasnt impressed at all with the Aztecs against the Hosers. 

AirForce 31 Aztecs 17

I'm expecting an AFA win too. However, that slap in the face might be exactly what this SDSU team needs. Too many times they've come out flat and had to be screamed at in the locker room at halftime before they exhibited the requisite emotion. I'd much rather have them lose to AFA from the Mountain division to wake them up for Fresno and Nevada than have them be half asleep for the Bulldogs next week.

Oh yeah. Did I fail to mention that the chances of this SDSU team going undefeated are absolute zero?

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

SDSU needs to stop the AF run game with the front seven. If it requires more this is the best passing team I’ve  seen from AF in a longtime. They are also a pretty athletic group. 
Wasnt impressed at all with the Aztecs against the Hosers. 

AirForce 31 Aztecs 17

So you weren't impressed by a defense that only gave up 2.7 yds/carry and 6 pts in regulation?

You weren't impressed by an 85 yard punt/ 7-52 yard average or zero return yards?

The offense wasn't good but the bottom line is SDSU is 6-0 with 2 Pac XII wins and two conference wins.

I'm willing to give AFA its due AFTER  they prove they're better than us.  Not before.  Here's to the NINTH consecutive victory.

All you scuuuurd Aztec fans are pussies,.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

So you weren't impressed by a defense that only gave up 2.7 yds/carry and 6 pts in regulation?

You weren't impressed by an 85 yard punt/ 7-52 yard average or zero return yards?

The offense wasn't good but the bottom line is SDSU is 6-0 with 2 Pac XII wins and two conference wins.

I'm willing to give AFA its due AFTER  they prove they're better than us.  Not before.  Here's to the NINTH consecutive victory.

Good points.  You also beat us 21-17 the last time we played at Falcon Stadium.

Overall, of the 18 games we’ve played at Falcon Stadium we’ve won 11.  In our series we’ve won 19 and lost 17.  

In our series I believe that those results show we have been better than you.  Until you prove you are better than us you should bend over and give us our due.  Win or lose we still own the series.

Good luck tomorrow.  Two good teams will play and it’s going to be a good one.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

5 hours ago, SpaceForced said:

Good points.  You also beat us 21-17 the last time we played at Falcon Stadium.

Overall, of the 18 games we’ve played at Falcon Stadium we’ve won 11.  In our series we’ve won 19 and lost 17.  

In our series I believe that those results show we have been better than you.  Until you prove you are better than us you should bend over and give us our due.  Win or lose we still own the series.

Good luck tomorrow.  Two good teams will play and it’s going to be a good one.

I think there is good reason for AFA to be favored, but you don't ask for "our due" when you have a eight game losing streak to a team.  Regardless of history.  You would need at least two, probably three, in a row, to make that demand.

1 hour ago, Aztec Since 88 said:

it should be a good game today as both team are evenly matched.. The team with the fewest penalties and turnovers will win.

false, the team with the higher score wins. Just being a nerd. good luck Tecs

16 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Boy are you tough. Mostly in that small dick, big truck kinda way.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

21 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

Boy are you tough. Mostly in that small dick, big truck kinda way.

Sensitive little bitch boi aren't you.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

We have an internet bad ass, Look out. if you think the Aztecs may struggle against a favored AF team you are a pussy. That screams idiot.

But you are the same dweeb that wanted SDSU to be a part of the Soccer City plan, it all makes sense.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

19 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

I too feel more virile and manly when my uninformed speculation about my favorite team’s prospects is favorable. 

28 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

I too feel more virile and manly when my uninformed speculation about my favorite team’s prospects is favorable. 

I'm happy for you

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke