Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU @ AFA

1 hour ago, Someone Else said:

While I still think SDSU will get steamrolled by AF this is probably their best opportunity to avoid that... although it probably won't matter much unless that freshman kid turns out to be Josh Allen Jr.

Defense and a strong running game travel. It will be a dogfight, but the Aztecs will prevail by less than one score 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

They flat haven't played anyone:

Lafayette

+Navy (a bad Navy team)

-Lost to a lousy Ut State team

+Florida Atlantic

+New Mexico

+Wyo 

+A sub par Boise team

---They get us at home then

...Army (decent)

...Sheep (Bi-Polar program)

...Nevada very good Nevada team

...lastly Lower Nevada 

Nice schedule for certain!

2 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

They flat haven't played anyone:

Lafayette

+Navy (a bad Navy team)

-Lost to a lousy Ut State team

+Florida Atlantic

+New Mexico

+Wyo 

+A sub par Boise team

---They get us at home then

...Army (decent)

...Sheep (Bi-Polar program)

...Nevada very good Nevada team

...lastly Lower Nevada 

Nice schedule for certain!

USU isn't that bad, and they should have won. Regardless, they're a play away from being 7-0 and its not like we've beaten anyone besides a 3-3 SJSU team and Utah when they had the quitter at QB. We're two plays away from 4-2.

Should be interesting to see how Johnson stands up to the contact. He's been injury prone his entire career, this could be our first legit chance to see what Haskell brings to the table. Good luck to both of them, we are going to need it.

2 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Should be interesting to see how Johnson stands up to the contact. He's been injury prone his entire career, this could be our first legit chance to see what Haskell brings to the table. Good luck to both of them, we are going to need it.

Johnson could minimize contact  if he's proficient in the run pass option.  However we're going to have to hold our breath if he starts running.

As for  Haskell, his HS stats has shown he's a good runner too so he isn't one dimensional.  The kid has the total package, but we gotta hope he doesn't get butterflies.  He is after all a true Frosh.   

True freshman uber-athletic QB Will Haskell at #2 on depth chart now is very exciting...

the future of that position for the Aztecs could be sooner than we think...

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

On 10/18/2021 at 3:02 PM, badfish said:

I’m nervous for this one. We KNOW Fresno and UNR will be tough, but the guys better realize AFA is legit this year.

I think i'd be more nervous if AFA had lost a close one to Boise than if they had beaten the donks.   The players watch scoreboards too.

Great food for thought with the accompanying good article about matchip of top rushing offense vs defense. 

GO FALCONS 

https://gazette.com/sports/national-best-rushing-offense-defense-to-face-off-as-air-force-football-hosts-no-22/article_7795e0ca-3141-11ec-963e-1f12001a2966.html

( Sent from The Gazette )

..GO FALCONS..

I will be on this game Saturday evening early on CBSSN.  Multi tasking with Nevada at Fresno State FS2.  *

*depending on how giddy I may or not be post UH hosting East Carolina afternoon style; let's assume giddy in advance.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

16 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

SDSU loses big

because offense sucks so much. AF looks good on both sides. Their QB can actually pass. 

Hope I'm wrong since SDSU is ranked. 

I think the secondary will be just fine against AF.  My concern is our offense 3 and outs often and the AF run game tires out our line and second level defenders, ala Armed Forces Bowl with Army. Though it was Penny's long TD runs that aided that loss

21 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I think the secondary will be just fine against AF.  My concern is our offense 3 and outs often and the AF run game tires out our line and second level defenders, ala Armed Forces Bowl with Army. Though it was Penny's long TD runs that aided that loss

It's a different AF team. Their QB can pass. They don't always run the TO.... They run it until they don't need to. 

34 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

SDSU loses big

because offense sucks so much. AF looks good on both sides. Their QB can actually pass. 

Hope I'm wrong since SDSU is ranked. 

When we pass it even surprises me.  We can run the ball for 30 minutes before you see a pass.  When it comes it will catch someone off guard.  That may be why it can be effective.

This will be a good game to watch.  SDSU with a good defense and our team that runs the ball well.  

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

25 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Yeah but what are you gonna do, have him sit down after 40 yards every time?

29 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

When we pass it even surprises me.  We can run the ball for 30 minutes before you see a pass.  When it comes it will catch someone off guard.  That may be why it can be effective.

This will be a good game to watch.  SDSU with a good defense and our team that runs the ball well.  

This team is different. I've watched all their games. When they move front the TO, they have been damn good. 

1 hour ago, thatsmymammy said:

It's a different AF team. Their QB can pass. They don't always run the TO.... They run it until they don't need to. 

Again, our secondary isn't a sieve.  Just because our O is one-dimensional doesn't mean our D is.  Not saying a good play action won't get us, but we have a pretty decent squad out in space.

To say Air Force "CAN" pass is a first in a decade. Scouts can, will they, might have to as our DFront might be the best in the MGC.

If our China Doll QB can adjust for the elevation change, our Special Teams are the best and will contribute, our D will play up to the level required.

Concern- that friggin Moron OC/QB "Coach" of ours. More "Sharp Tools" in the shed than he knows how to utilze.

We win 10+ (and of course I am aware of the "Curse" of an Aztec top 25 Ranking...)